DIY Flavor Chaser One Shots Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Would the recommended percentages for these stay the same for pod-type devices or increase? Temping to pick up a few to try…

4 Likes

Lmao I said my husband would say you are describing my personality lol
Complex, different, surprising, and interesting :purple_heart:

6 Likes

It would depend on your pod. If I was using in my orion, I would just mix the VG pg ratio different

5 Likes

I currently use a Caliburn Koko. Do you go heavier on the VG, or the PG to carry the flavour? Sorry still very new to DIY and mixing in general here so always full of questions :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Generally the PG use a 60 VG to 40 pg ratio or 50 50
Questions are good no need for apology

6 Likes

And on the list it goes…damnit @SessionDrummer you are a very very bad instigator and influence…lol

6 Likes

Hehe, sorry @MysticRose. I blame @zippy.

6 Likes

I have tried Jacked and yum yum yum. Your so spot on, complex for sure, I vape it and then pause, just thinking what a great blend of all the flavors. I love it’s complexity and how great a job @TamVapes did on blending the flavors all together, brilliant mix and your review just highlights that :+1:

9 Likes

Sure blame me… I’m innocent I tells ya… :innocent:

9 Likes

Raspberry Cookie Cheesecake (Zippy) 20% (3-21-20) – Fourth one on deck, and I decided to vape through 2.5 tanks before writing this one out. I think that Raspberry/ies can be tricky. @zippy made light work of that little issue, and I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but I detect one of my go-to’s in this one. :slight_smile: The raspberry element did sit forward on this one, but not too forward that the cheesecake was overwhelmed. The cheesecake was creamy and conveyed exactly it’s namesake, but without excessive sourness, which has always been a bump in the road for me. Now as far as the cookie element, I wasn’t able to pick it out by itself, but it’s almost like you can feel it, in the mix. Can’t pick it out, but it’s in there. Was there any graham in the cheesecake ?? Not noitceably, but that may be where the cookie came into play. Overall the mix was nicely present at this weight, nothing off putting, and after 2.5 tankfuls, I could obviously ADV it, and that’s always a good sign. Sweetness was low-mid, and I could def. recommend this for anyone seeking a great RB Cheesecake, with a little something extra. Well the tank finally ran dry, so close this out I will. Solid @ 9.2/10.

16 Likes

Thank you so very much @SessionDrummer. This Oneshot has been a work of love for me and one I’ve been very proud of. I’m glad you enjoyed it

10 Likes

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to review these @zippy.

8 Likes

Kayak Mix (The Florida Kayaker) 15% (3-22-20) – With the fifth one in this series on deck, I’ll have to admit, this one, surprised me. I smelled it fresh mixed, and a few times while shaking/steeping, and I kept thinking, “What the heck IS this one” ? Well as it turns out, it’s a damned GOOD one is what it is. I’ve never heard of the Florida Kayaker, but now I wish I had. This one really packed a punchy punch, right out of the gate. The description of royally “luxurious blend of currants and berries” was VERY accurate. This presented as a rich, deluxe darker berry blend with a currant punch. Yes it did, and did it well. The berries kind of wandered around during the vape, and I could not individually pick them out, but a very satisfying blend it was. The cream, kicked in after the initial dark berry, currant assault, and carried it all the way through the rest of the vape. This is NOT a simple “berries and cream” people !!! Very well constructed, and my wife even commented, “Wow, that’s a LOT better than those Strawberry and Creams”. So there you have it. For a darker berry blend with some super punchy currant notes, with a delicious cream layer, that’s not too sweet, and can be ADV’d, this one will get you there. 9.85/10.

17 Likes

Heaven’s Nectar (The Juice Fairy) 19% (3-25-20) – Sixth one on deck, only slightly delayed by the Coronavirus, was perplexing. All of it good, but perplexing none the less. I kept getting different notes/nuances every time I vaped it. There was a persistent strawberry, and other not identifiable fruits that stayed fairly consistent, but the mid and finish of this seemed to change. At first I was getting more of a milk/cream note, but other times an almost cheesecake, maybe even a slight graham note. It was billed as " Strawberries and tropical fruit swimming in a milky bath.", so that almost sounded more like a SB and Cream, but this was richer, and fuller with the aforementioned notes. It was an interesting vape, and sweetness was low to mid to keep it right in the middle of the ADV category. The SB was good, with some sharp punch, and the creaminess was good, but the real mystery remained the mid to back end. Is it more of a creamy ice cream-ish backend, maybe a cheesecake ?? Interestingly solid @ 9.1/10.

15 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it. Mystery is my middle name :joy: I personally love this mix and it’s meant to be an all day vape that doesn’t exhaust the pallet but flavorful enough to be interesting every time you vape it. Feel free to add sweetener if you prefer a sweeter note. A good 7 to 10 day steep enriches the blend but it’s not necessary with this mix :heart:
Stay safe my friends don’t let Covid-19 get ya!

10 Likes

I did very much. The way it shifted around in the mid to finish kept it interesting…

6 Likes

Boozeberry Mash (Myster Fog) 15% (3-26-20) – Seventh and final one shot in this series, and very fitting it was from one of our own, @MysterFog (aka @woftam). Now typically, I am NOT a huge fan of boozey vapes, as they never translate well for my tastes, so I wasn’t sure about this one. This one was a unique take on a Dark Berry medley, with some cream, and a booze kicker on the tail end. It’s literally that easy to explain. Berries, Cream, Booze and in EXACTLY that order, as that’s how the flavors present throughout the vape. It takes a lot of skill to have flavors present like that, as opposed to a ALL at once mish-mosh. The Dark Berries were nicely dark (duh), with just enough sweetness, some tarty punch, and sat on the front end. The creaminess is what the berries led into for the middle of the vape, and although I think I can pick out maybe one cream, really worked as a neutral cream to soften some of the sharpness of the berries, and provide an even carrier. Finishing it off, and very NOT heavy handedly, was the bourbon booze, but only on the very tail end of the vape. I am VERY happy that the bourbon was toned low in the mix, and it worked as an accent, not a blisteringly obvious main note, which has been my problem with most booze vapes. As a whole, this “trio” if you will, works perfectly. All three main elements were present, but each in their own space, without any one overshadowing the other two. Skillfully done, and for a guy who really doesn’t LIKE booze vapes, it surprised me that I did like this one. ADV material for sure, and will appeal to a lot of vapers. I know I will finish the tester on this one. If you’re a fan of dark berries, cream, with a booze kicker, you’ll want to try this one. 9.85/10.

18 Likes

So glad you liked it mate it is one of my favourite mixes. Made me super happy buddy :happycry: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

12 Likes

Easter is here… Hunt for your next ADV

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer This is exciting. Thank you for such an informative review and a chance to “meet” some of our best mixers. I’m always looking for inspiration :fist_right: :fist_left:

6 Likes