Diy flavor must haves

i have not but ill be placing order this week , last week i got a couple different blackberries and cherries also mango and kiwi im going to order more fruits this week and stock up on my cusatrds and creams so any fruit suggestions are welcome besides strawberry lol

2 Likes

Yum. Kiwi FA alone and mixed with kiwi double tpa is good. So is Fuji Apple FA as a single fruit in a cream base. I also like melon FA.

Iā€™m also a fan of watermelons.

2 Likes

i love Hangsen Italian Cream you wonā€™t be sorry it is very much thick and rich it is the Godfather of creams it is NOT a sweet cream more like a mascarpone like cheese on that level.

Their cream is superior as well as their ice cream chocolate cream is good too !

4 Likes

love it. There is a new Tarzan movie coming out and I canā€™t wait to see it. There has not been a good Tarzan in years and years

1 Like

Flavorah accepts paypal

1 Like

I see flavors listed everywhere as im doing my diy research, and always a 2 or 3 letter abbreviation b4 or after the flavor. Example cookie (fa) i assume thats the company/website u got that flavor from? Correct?
And one moreā€¦ im sure all the flavor companys have same flavors so why not just put cookie . Why put cookie(fa) ? Why not cookie(cap) or cookie(inawera)?
Thanks for clearing it up!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a big difference between the different brands. Cap is a lot less concentrated than FA or INW, so if you see a recipe using 7% cookie (Cap) and use 7% FA instead, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Just because the name is the same, the flavour profile is usually quite different so you will end up with a totally different recipe when using a different brand.

5 Likes

Like @Josephine_van_Rijn stated, not everything is the same animal even when the name seems the same. It would be like going out and buying a hamburgerā€¦ if you go to McDonalds and just say you want a hamburger, youā€™ll get a hamburger. The go over to Wendys and get a hamburger, then Burger Kingā€¦ youā€™ll get a hamburger from each place, but they wonā€™t be the same. These flavor companies create their flavors basically the same way as those hamburgers, they are both different from each other while at the same time still the sameā€¦ a hamburger. Youā€™ll often see people using a few different brands to make what they are aiming for in a recipe, instead of just a single one, not all the time, but it isnā€™t uncommon.

2 Likes

FA = Flavour Art
Cap = Capella
TFA/TPA = The Flavor Apprentice
FW = Flavor West
INA/INW = Inawera
LA = LorAnn
LB = Liquid Barn
RF = Real Flavors
OSDIY = OneStop DIY
FLV = Flavorah

There are others, but thatā€™s every brand in my stash.

1 Like

The ā€˜correctā€™ ones:
TPA for The Perfumerā€™s/Flavor Apprentice
Inawera for Inawera
Real Flavors for Real Flavors
Flavorah for Flavorah

2 Likes

@redscaddy22 ā€œCorrectā€ = official labels for this siteā€™s database, but other sites and Facebook groups use the others all willy-nilly. But if you stick to the ā€œcorrectā€ ones when doing anything with this siteā€™s flavor stash youā€™ll get better results when using things like the ā€œWhat Can I Makeā€ feature.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦what @zigz said. LOL.

2 Likes

Not since Johny Wisemuller

1 Like

i was wondering why flavorah isnt abbreviated FLV , its even on their bottles as a abbr , just curious if there isnt a reason so be it

@daath would have to answer that, as that came around before I started working on the flavor database. If I had to take a wild guess, itā€™d be to make sure people who arenā€™t as familiar with them know it is Flavorah and not just a generic ā€œFlavorā€.

3 Likes

another note on abbreviations:
TPA does not do e juice flavoring any longer, all food safe flavors used for vaping are now exclusive to TFA, my suggestion is to stop using TPA and only use TFA as abbreviations. Someone could make the mistake of getting a perfume (possibly oil based) flavor mixed into the vape.

2 Likes

They never really did do e-liquid flavorsā€¦AFAIK their ā€˜flavorsā€™ have always been on the ā€œflavor apprenticeā€ side and the ā€œperfumerā€™s apprenticeā€ side has always been perfuming stuff. I know theyā€™ve said on their website in the past that they didnā€™t recommend any of their flavors be used in vaping. Again, abbreviations are @daathā€™s decisionā€¦I just merge dupe flavors. Iā€™m not sure why he went with TPA over TFA, but thatā€™s what has been established up until now. Possibly because the parent company is TPA?

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad that @CosmicTruth brought this up, as itā€™s something thatā€™s bugged me since I first joined.

Also, we appreciate all the time you put in keeping things organized for everyone maā€™am! We know youā€™re just maintaining continuity!

@daath
It would be especially confusing to newcomers, given that every vendor I know of lists/markets/sells them as TFA (The Flavor Apprentice)ā€¦

Also, if I could add to @CosmicTruthā€™s observation/request; could we also bring Inawera and Real Flavors inline with ā€œthe standard practiceā€ of using the 2 or 3 letter format? (eg: Ina and RF)

Very much appreciate your consideration sir!

2 Likes

I just found out about DIY Vapor Supply the other day! Headed down there today to see whatā€™s up, wanna pick up some new flavors, hope I like this place!!

3 Likes

So how did you like it?

2 Likes