DIY Flavor Shack (DIYFS) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Dawn is still running DIYFS. I don’t know where she is getting her flavors.

4 Likes

@rcleven don’t mean to belabor the point, but the confusion has set in. You referenced FDA changes regarding lab rules, and heavy licensing fees, and she closed her lab down, yet it’s still open I’m assuming ??

4 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. No tickie no license. She was very creative making flavors. I would assume ( Don’t know for sure ) she is renting out lab space or subing her flavors out to another lab.
I noticed she is not offering her Real Flavors any more.

6 Likes

I am so sick of Big G controlling every aspect of our lives with their regulations.

3 Likes

I was lucky to get the last 2 oz of Holy Resurrection of the DIYFS about 2 years ago. What a shame Big G had to interfere and hurt the small guys.

6 Likes

I think we bought the last four ounces then. I know I bought in her last batch.
The government sure punched a hole in her business plan.

6 Likes

Big G has their greedy hands in everything. Too bad the “Era of Big G” is NOT over and is only getting bigger and more opportunistic. I’m using Vanilla Overload as a sub for HV. If you think HR is a better sub for HV, please let me know and I will use HR sparingly when it calls for it.

5 Likes

I’m not too keen on saving any of my flavors. They are there to use up. I still have over 30ml’s of Holy Resrection after 2 years. How long is the flavor going to last till it goes bad? Bought Vinilla Overload last week and haven’t tried it yet. Chocolate Overload didn’t impress me. still had to add DC (MF) to get the flavor I wanted.
There is always a replacement for any flavor. Shisha Vinilla (INW) works well as a substitute.

6 Likes

You are right, flavors are there to be used up and are not meant to be hoarded like collectibles, lol.

5 Likes

I’m confused too. So is or was DIY Flavor Shack and Real Flavors SC connected? If yes, I had no idea. I remember when Real Flavors closed and heard that somebody in Canada bought the formulas.

5 Likes

I don’t know @KC111 you never KNOW what’s RIGHT around the corner. If you find something you REALLY like, stocking up MIGHT not be the WORST idea.

Just look at FastTech (compliments of @SolteroDIY) …

What may be available TODAY, may NOT tomorrow. Flavors, and resellers are no more immune.

6 Likes

DIYFS had only three or four RF flavors at least a year before the Canadian company arrived on the Walt’s radar. DIYFS didn’t handle RF’s or couldn’t afford the whole line. The Canadian company bought the rest of RF.
DIYFS is/was small potatoes. Her business plan was teaching DIY at night classes. From those night classes she got her inspiration for New flavors thru her students. What her students needed or wanted she made up in her lab. In order to get those flavors the only way to get them was thru her store. Thru those classes it guaranteed return customer’s for the flavors she created for them. At the time she couldn’t afford the whole RF line.

6 Likes

Plus, they’ll last quite a while if you keep them cool and in the dark.
I have some a little over 4 years old and the one’s I’ve used don’t taste bad at all.
I hear they get weaker over time but I can’t tell the difference yet.

6 Likes

I’ve got some that are 8 years old, kept cool and out of the sunlight, and they’re fine.

6 Likes

Good to know.
Now I feel better about what I grabbed in the last 6 months will last a while.
Started organizing tonight

7 Likes

Thank you for this info. Considering I’ve only been vaping since June 2020 (after C-19 hit and closed down my clove cig supply line from Indo) and started buying flavors shortly after that, I believe my flavors are still good. Now that I know I prefer bold tropical fruity flavors (like Mango Mafia :slight_smile: ) over desserts, tobacco’s, etc, I will likely only need to buy those flavors and give the rest away. I am still buying mods and pods like there is no tomorrow, though. My ELR inventory says I have “Flavors in stash: 2366” Please show me how to make my stash available for your viewing and I will do so.
This forum is absolutely incredible and I would love to pay it forward like Rocky and Pastorfuzz has done for me.

4 Likes

Search Klove. It’s a recipe by some Youtube star, really simple but actually not bad and you made me want to make some. If you can’t find it on ELR I believe it was on All The Flavours, don’t remember the user and it’s not the same as cloves but I’d mix it harsh and it was like drinking a diet pop… Not the same but will keep the tastebuds moist.

5 Likes

Also, go into Settings at the top right of the ELR page and you can find the “Make Stash Public” link, once that is clicked you can go back to your User Page and ‘Copy Link’ and that’ll save the URL for your Stash

3 Likes

4 Likes

I am NOT into clove or tobacco’s anymore. It was my main e-juice from my local vape store where I could customize my own blends (EC Blends), but I have long moved on from Djarum clove flavored juices. Thank you for showing me how to how to link my stash. Hope I did it correctly. I don’t know what the first “02 (Invalid Name or Unknown Brand” is. Please let me know if you can or cannot view my stash. :: Login e-Liquid Calculator

4 Likes