DIY is all about what you like

Can I please just say with the greatest respect, that DIY is all about what you like. It doesn’t matter if I hate something or someone else loves it, it’s all about you. If we wanted to be following the crowd, we’d still be out there buying pre-made e-liquids. No question is stupid and asking for something when you can’t find the answer, I personally think that’s great. We were all new once. I think we tend to forget that. Ask one person here you’ll get dozens of opinions, but in the end, it’s still ALL about what you like. If you want a ton of sweetness in your juice, make it happen, if you want NO sweetener in your juice, make that happen. If you like this company, awesome if you like another company, awesome too. The major thing is, you’ve decided to make e-liquid and however you choose to do that well … I think you’re pretty awesome.

30 Likes

Awww… @authormichellehughes… Michelle… Michelle, ma bell… lolol
I love you too… no matter what you use :stuck_out_tongue: No matter what you vape…

unless it is some stinky stuff lmao… :smiley:

Yes I agree… the nit picky needs to go… just like what I like… you might not…
In the end… it’s how happy one is… without trying to ruin an experience others might want to learn or try or have…

Stop being Debbie downers and tiny :eggplant: ha!

Now lets all share a good vape and get back to work… tyvm…

xoxo @authormichellehughes

14 Likes

I love you too and you know I wasn’t referring to you on this. I hate to see new folks come in and get discouraged because people aren’t willing to remember what it was like to have no idea what you were doing and needing help. Let’s have fun… let’s mix crazy things up and shock the world with amazing stuff… It’s DIY heaven (edited for grammar LOL)

13 Likes

I know, Michelle… and I see the nit picking…

I wish they would all just nit pick me… and leave the newbies alone… I dont want to see this place become like some of the other places… I wont stand for it… If they do not like your flavor company… or brand of nic… or how you mix… eh… be grateful they do not sleep beside you ot pay your bills… Life is too short…

Go mix!! :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Man, I HATE that you posted this !!!

Kidding, GREAT post @authormichellehughes. I just felt the need to throw in a HATE.

And that ^^^^ sums it up beautifully !!!

10 Likes

Well shit, I may/must have missed something as I don’t want to see that/this either. I can’t keep up with ALL the posts here, and many/most seem to be very helpful, providing links to the “Welcome to ELR, how to get started” threads, etc. Help (nudging on correctly entering flavors) with creating recipes, etc.

12 Likes

I actually think about that every time I see a thread seeking very basic information. I know what it felt like to be completely ignorant of this hobby, and I sincerely asked some questions that I know now likely got some laughs and raised eyebrows. I still recall a few good ones:

• I asked if my mod was a mech because it had no display (it was a Tesla Sidewinder spinner).

• I asked why the flavor changed after a few days (I did not even know the coil was disposable, or that the device ever even needed to be cleaned).

• I asked if everyone felt funny like I did holding it horizontally (like a ciggy) because it was so much bigger than an analog

After I learned a bit, I felt like a clown for even asking. But I honestly didn’t know. The folks who answered were very kind and helpful, and never made me feel stupid.

So I know how important it is to be patient and welcoming to truly new vapers and mixers. It is a steep and daunting learning curve and experienced folks like us need to keep that perspective at all times.

14 Likes

Great post (thread) it’s something I can relate with and hope the group has a high tolerance for beginners😜. My unorthodox methods and an insurmountable amount of information to absorb will test even the most patient of people. The more I research the more I second guess my methods. Part of the growing pains that are involved with DIY I suppose.
Mally

12 Likes

You will do fine, Mally… just dont take things too personal and do not ever be afraid to ask a question… no matter how sideways it goes! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Mally… nothing wrong with how you want to do things… if it works for you that’s a great thing :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m new to this but I enjoy the posts and trying different recipes. I even made my own and I’m very pleased with the results.

9 Likes

Well in THAT case @speedracer Welcome to ELR !!!

Kidding, you’d be welcome no matter what. Glad to hear the forums haven’t made you RUN for the door, and you are DIY’ing, and having great results !!

9 Likes

6 years of buying ejuice before DIY. My wife and kids call me the mad scientist. They just maybe right.

8 Likes

Hehe, my wife is FAR worse. Leverages her wanting to interweb shop vs. my vape mail shipments (many of which are for sales), and complains about the amount of real estate the “LAB” is currently taking up, BUT, when HER juice supply starts running low, the tone CHANGES I’ve noticed …

9 Likes

my husband used to say it looked like something from Breaking Bad when I pulled out everything.

8 Likes

@authormichellehughes See, because me and mine were totally hooked on BB, that would be a compliment over here !!!

4 Likes

I’m the one who knocks!!

4 Likes

LOL I’ve had people walk in on me mixing and ask why I was doing chemistry …

5 Likes

“Why yes, … yes I am” …

4 Likes

Same here. Binge watched it.

5 Likes