DIY liquid for pods

Good idea. Disposables are 50mg. What I like about those is strong flavor and I don’t chain vape. That’s what I was trying to do with the pods.

7 Likes

We said that so many countless times, PODs can only handle simple flavours, are not able to handle creams or complicated recipe so KISS is your goal.
A simple head note and some accents and sweetener (not a lot, it’ll gunk the little coil or mesh)
You’ll never get a full body out of a POD, so forget about those middle thickening notes, but at the end you’ll get a nice taste
E.g. to portray a tobacco, you’ll need some oriental notes in it (Latakia, Izmir and the like) that is to give it a strong head note.
Try to play with Sweet&Sour, it works, citric with malic Gin,Lime, things like that.
Change the creams to something like Marshmallow/Meringue and the like.
Percentage wise, don’t be suprised if it’s on the 27/30% range, that’s the way disposables are and the same goes for PODs.
Hit, I played a lot with a mix Freebase/salts and it works, bear in mind the salts percentage is double FB percentage, if you want let’s say a 10%, try 5 FB and 10 salts, you’ll get the best of both worlds.
Choose a profile and search for the best flavours of that profile, it’s some work but worth it.
As we always say, go on the recipes side and type POD to give you an idea of how those made, oldest recipes work as well, made a few myself, check’em out.

13 Likes

Thank you Frank. I appreciate it.

4 Likes

The Luxe can use the Luxe XR pods which allows you to use the GTX coils. I’ve always found the GTX coils as good flavor producers and have run 70/30 in them with no issues.

7 Likes

Good to know! Thanks for the info! These work with salts too?

4 Likes

@Hittman They work…, but I have quite a couple GTX coil running mods & the flavor is alright, but be warned…, there’s some muting to those coils!, They hold up better using fruits…, there’s still some muting issues with fruits, but it’s way worse on baked goods!, Hope this helps…

6 Likes

I picked this cause I cannot have leaks and most pods are known for that. Which one would you suggest that does not leak and has good flavor?

4 Likes

To me…, All pods leak at some time, just some are worse than others…, the best pod for flavor tht I’ve found, would have to be the GeekVape boost! It leaks a little, but the built in battery is great…, I never was big on a built-in battery, but I tried tht & everything has been great soo far!

7 Likes

Nice! Thank you

4 Likes

I’m also looking at the pre order only steam crave pod.

6 Likes

Don’t forget the pnp by voopoo and the bp mod TMD coils fit in dl pods all pods leak if you leave them ,it could be condensation quick wipe always sorts it out

8 Likes

One of these days I’m gonna order one of those Steam Crave Mini Robot’s. I’ve watched a few reviews and it seems like a nice MTL RTA unit I need a good tobacco mod for chillin in my hammock on the back porch.

9 Likes

I have never used a POD or been interested in them until I recently bought one for dog walks. I chose the OXVA Velocity LE and at the moment I am using the Unipro 0.15 ohm mesh coil at 60W with a 70/30 VG/PG custard e liquid and the flavour is excellent. I chose this one for a few reasons, one is that it takes a external 21700 battery and the other is that there are two different RBA sections available for it so I am not stuck with buying stock coils. One other reason is that it claims to be leakproof and I must admit that it hasn’t leaked once even when being carried around in my pocket. It has an adjustable airflow ring beneath the coil that I always close off when I refill the pod just to be on the safe side and I always remove the pod from the mod when refilling in case of any spills. So far I am very pleased with it, it has a solid build and quality feel and it also has a good chip with a clear, easy to read colour screen and it puts out good flavour. I bought a OXVA Velocity rubber case to protect it from outdoor exposure which also helps with grip when it’s raining.

11 Likes

I have 2 of these, too, but I haven’t opened the box yet. Now I know whom to contact if I have any questions :grin:. I know it comes with an RBA pod, but I stocked up on the coils for it since I can’t build.

7 Likes

See im looking at this. Seeing im done with squonking outside my dovpo im really liking the look of this

6 Likes

I will do my best to answer with any questions that you may have. It doesn’t come with the RBA, they are a separate purchase that I was lucky enough to get in a sale for £1.99 each instead of the usual £9.99 so I bought five.

8 Likes

The back of my ‘Origin X’ 3 in 1 Anniversary Edition box states that it comes with a DC RBA tank and then underneath that it says *Dual Coil RBA Tank sold separately.
So that confuses me. There is a sticker on the back that says OXVA Origin X Full Kit 4.5ml, so perhaps the Anniversary Edition Box includes it?? I could just open the box, lol.

5 Likes

When I went to my receipt folder, it says I bought it from myvpro, but when I went to the website, it says myvpro.com is currently unavailable. Bummer, another site that looks like it bit the dust.

6 Likes

All I’m going to say is check the reviews bud

7 Likes

Seems to be a very popular pod system because everywhere I looked is out of stock. I’ve got the thing saved in notes and will check later

6 Likes