Diy or Die Quik one shot

Been mixing for a few months and decided to give one shots a go since some have pretty good reviews.

So I’m waiting for Quik (strawberry milk) to steep. Instructions say 3-4 days but that can’t be right. I’m at 2wks and it’s just starting to develop.

Found the recipe online, it’s open source and it contains creams and stuff that usually calls for 4-6 wks steep.

Anyone tried this stuff? How long have you found is the best steep?

Btw: I hope one shots isn’t a dirty word here, lol…for the purists.

5 Likes

I think all the flavors is a dirty word here from what I pick up on :rofl:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that and all are welcome.

3 Likes

Yes it can be vaped after a few days but you mileage may vary…me, I let every sit for 2-3 weeks atleast so I don’t have to think about.

4 Likes

You’re on the right track. Light creams (Milks) I find need only about a two week steep. The heavy creams ( Bavarian and custard) about three weeks to four weeks +) to develop. Waiting longer never hurts.
Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

I havent tried the Quik but did get his Rose Milk …Imo the rose milk is a 5 out of 10 it is nithing special over sweetened but it is a SB and Cream and that obvious…

All the flavors is a great site with fabulous owners …

6 Likes

I only tried the Quik. Watermelon is popular apparently.

But how long a steep did you do? I’m at over 2 weeks on the Quik and it’s just starting to be something.

Just wierd cause all the websites that sell it say 3-4 days steep. Just not the case in my opinion anyway.

4 Likes

@Canjam is this the recipe you are talking about ?

3 Likes

Yep that’s it. I bought the one shot because I don’t have a lot of those flavours.

But yeah. Seems like it would need a longer steep right?

4 Likes

Well the Custard/Cream levels are pretty low, so I don’t know if they’d need the FULL steep or not. I don’t have, nor ever used Creamy Yogurt, and have no clue how long it takes to steep. 2 weeks seems like a safe steep on that one.

2 Likes

Makes sense.

2 Likes

Not a yogurt fan myself, but had to research out of interest on the calculator side. Interesting that in the notes for the flavour, people say anything from SnV to 21 days for the steep. Some do say it fades (mellows) with steeping so maybe test in 3 day intervals?

3 Likes

I have Quik, the one shot-I think around 10 days was good for a steep. I bought the concentrates to make it as the recipe is on ELR. I made a few a head of time, I made a 120 ml and a 60ml… been steeping a while. I’ll have to pull one out and try it.

3 Likes

@Lynda_Marie what Yogurt did you use ?

2 Likes

I used Creamy Yogurt (CAP)

2 Likes

Thank you @Lynda_Marie, I had been under the IMPRESSION that they killed the Creamy Yogurt and replaced with a v.2. I see it’s on BCF, so I MIGHT just have to go OUTSIDE my comfort zone (non-yogurt vaper here)…

2 Likes

Hey thanks a lot. Good to know.

3 Likes

This recipe was the first yogurt one for me. To me it’s a yogurt like “fruit on the bottom” yogurt, not a strong Greek type yogurt. I didn’t SFT though, well, because being yogurt, I thought it might be icky plain. Works in the Quik recipe though!

4 Likes

Giving a name like Quik strawberry milk would just set yourself up for failure

2 Likes