Dna 200 home build

110$ us wonder how much cheaper to buy parts separate? Any one know?

My understanding of batteries is not great, but your three battery mod actually is not 9000 if itā€™s run in series. Itā€™s actually 3000 but runs at crazy amps so you can hit a true 200 watts. Now using it at way less than 200 gives you a perceived and possibly real much longer battery life than 3000 mah can provide. If I follow it correctly a parallel mod would actually take three batteries and make 9000 mah out of them but much lower amps. I may have that backwards though.

I think you might be right, Iā€™m just checking cause Iā€™m no electriction

1 Like

The DNA200 board alone retails for $80. You actually are getting really good prices for most DNA200 mods for what youā€™re getting. I would think DIY would be more for customization than for cost savings. The one I linked above holds a 30mm tank with no overhang. Canā€™t do that on most production DNA200 boxes.

2 Likes

no clue. i still dont feel like i have a complete parts list. sorry.
i think ima pull that site up that sells the kits and jot down what they offer in the kit as far as parts and see what is necessary and what isnt

2 Likes

I have always like the looks of the Evolv reference mod , now you can pick one up already assembled or as a DIY kit.Nothing like making it all yourself but $54.99 including the buttons is very nice.They also offer all the components to complete the job as well @Whiterose0818.
http://www.protovapor.com/product/silo-billet-aluminum-dna-200d-mod-case/
One already built is available as well.

I am still kicking around the idea of possibly making a hybrid wood DNA mod but havenā€™t totally committed to the idea yet.
I would love the looks of a nice buckeye burl with a Damascus steel face plate!

1 Like

Great share! Thanks, brother! Everything you need all on one site. Except for the light up 510 connector and buttons I want!

2 Likes