Do U use commercial coils?

Eightvape os not what it use to be…They seem to be on their way out

8 Likes

Wow …I use to use the Cleito and tried to clean and reuse but mine never came as clean as yours

7 Likes

I never used any of the Aspire stuff, although a couple of my buddy’s ran those. I first started cleaning coils back with the Innokin iSub and then the Smok baby beast with not so great results, all before switching to mesh coils. The FreeMax coils seem to clean up nice, don’t know if it’s the cotton but they they come out like new, the toughest ones are my coffee vapes. I tried cleaning some SnowWolf coils and they came out all tarnished after one cleaning, so I’m impressed with the FreeMax quality, and have yet to have a dud. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I don’t even look at the emails from them anymore. It’s a shame, they were good.

8 Likes

I do the same thing, 1 shot for my coil, 1 shot for me, always made me feel better :grin:

9 Likes

I agree. Even before their big sale they haven’t been the same as years past. They used to have a huge selection of hardware and accessories. There was pages and pages of mods and atomizers. This year it was mainly a pod and cheap juice store. All the mods fit on one page lol.

7 Likes

just random question for cleaning coils can you use isopropyl alcohol like a high number % to clean the coils as I’m not a fan of the drinking alcohol

5 Likes

I have used 91% ISO, although I cannot attest to the safety of using it. I soak coils in water overnight to a full day, rinse then soak on ISO for a couple hours, rinse and soak again in water.
I always let the coils dry for a few weeks

4 Likes

I still use the same model tank I started using 5 years ago when I went sub-ohm. A Kanger SubTank Mini. I know it is very old technology, but it works for me. I have bought a bunch of them over the years and have 6 or 7 still in the box. For some reason, I am not hard on them and have only broken the glass on 2 of them in the past 5 years. And I have about 200 coils for them that I have bought on sale over the past few years. At some point, I may try a different tank, but I figure if it works for me, I’m good. Maybe I’m just easy to please.

6 Likes

Glad I don’t have that problem anymore.

1 Like

LOL. Fortunately, I don’t see it as a problem. I’m only worried that now that I’ve said, “I’ve only broken the glass on 2 of them…”, I am setting myself up to break some tanks in the near future. :grin:

3 Likes

I know this is an old topic but i was wondering if you still use the Sub Tank Mini? Think i still have some bell caps for them.

2 Likes

rest in peace Kanger.

3 Likes

Yep, I do. I have a number of new ones stashed away. I’m pretty careful and only break the glass on one every 3 or 4 years and I save the remaining pieces. I’m currently waiting on a shipment of 100 coils that has been “lost in transit” and working with the insurance company and vendor to get them replaced.

Thanks for letting me know, but I am pretty well set. I tend to find something I like and overstock. :grin:

3 Likes

Hope you get your package! I had bought several bell caps and bases along with more glass for the STM and then ran out of coils. This is an old pic but they are pretty cool looking:

Glow in the dark drip tips, lol.

5 Likes

Thanks. I hope I get the coils in the next few weeks. I still have about 125 coils. Like I said, when I find something that works for me, I tend to stock WAY up. :smiley:

3 Likes

Do you save them to rewick? Cuz they are super easy to rewick.

3 Likes

Nope. I bought the majority of them at $7.95 per 5 pack, so for me, it is not worth the effort and I get about 2 weeks out of each coil. Laziness is built into my nature. Not sure why, but re-wicking and doing my own coils just doesn’t interest me. Hope you are having a great weekend.

4 Likes

While I am the self-appointed shop steward of the Procrastinators Union, I can tell you that keeping a handful of the used coils for future rebuilding, may be a wise choice. Some coils will just disappear suddenly then you’re out of a favorite tank.
I had that problem with the original IJoy Reaper heads. Found them dirt cheap on sale and bought a boat load then just threw them away after use thinking I’ll have enough. Nope. I still have 5 or so, so there is still some use in the future, but that clock is ticking.

3 Likes