Do you mix?

Do you have a tank/rda for each e liquid or do you use 1 and pour different e liquids on top of one another? Thank you.
Just wondering.

7 Likes

Ya gotta have a different rig for each e-liquid. You can change flavors sometimes, but often times your coil will go off.

6 Likes

I just use one flavour after the other with a neutral flavour between each flavour.
I donā€™t have an all-day-vape and am constantly changing flavours throughout the day :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I have different onesā€¦But often I get lazy and add liquid on top of another it takes a minute to get the new liquid to come thru all the way without the old one

6 Likes

For those who do have limited resources (or mods)ā€¦ Different chemical components will accumulate in the cotton (and coil too) as you go from one mix to another.

Sometimes itā€™s instantly noticeable, other times, it may take a three different recipes going through. But even with a fresh coil, and no more than two mixesā€¦ I can detect changes accumulating. Sometimes those changes are nice though. chuckles
YMMV.

It definitely is ā€œa thingā€ though.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a dripper. My Goon 528 RDA is my go to. I rewick the cotton when switching flavors. If my coil is gunky Iā€™ll dry burn it or change it out if over 2 weeks old. If I was constantly changing flavors I would probably use different mods/setups for each. But then again mixing it up never hurt anybody. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I used mainly rta, and usually just fill it up when it gets empty. I also vape different flavour every fill. There would be some of the old flavour for a few puffs (more puffs if I used stronger flavour in a mix) but never bothered me so far.

4 Likes

I have 7 tanks, and 13 drippers.

Long time ago, back in 2010 and after, some people would mix their flavors directly in their tanksā€¦ normally with a carto (cartomizer tank) to taste the concoctions they mixed up. I tried it, but I really did not like how small the tank was. 10ml bottles became my best friends, as I could mix in them and it made the math a lot easier.

I keep my juices separate, always have.

4 Likes

@leadpipe58 I donā€™t have specifically different setups for a myriad of flavors, but run about 3-4 with different mixes. ADVā€™s and testers, etc. I always change my cotton when changing mixes, as if not, it just turns into a blurry mess. My single flavor testing DOES cause me to use a LOT of cotton, probably more than most vapers.

5 Likes

I try to keep the same flavor for a coil but it doesnā€™t always work out that way so I will at least try to keep the same profile for that piece of cotton. So, I donā€™t put a basic fruit with a nutty custard. etc.

I know do this a lot but I did do a video on this subject.

5 Likes

When using a tank then itā€™s 1 flavor for the duration. With drippers I will often run a few flavors over the same wick/coil. But those flavors, while technically different, usually have a similar profile in terms of ingredients.

One advantage of the DNA mods is I can vape a wick damn near dry with Replay Mode engaged. That letā€™s me switch up to something else and any flavor ā€˜cross-overā€™ is barely perceptible.

6 Likes

'Pends how lazy Iā€™m feeling and how I feel about both the flavour currently in the tank and the one Iā€™ll be adding to it.

2 Likes

I have multiple tanks, but not enough to have one for every flavor. I keep the ā€œadd inā€ to the same family. However, when trying a new flavor, I empty and clean the tank and replace the coil for the first ā€œtastingā€.

3 Likes