Does adding too much flavor make it flavorless?

I got some DIY supplies including 3 flavor concentrates from VapeWild. I have about 40 different concentrates, mostly 10mls and some 30mls, from TFA, CAP, FA, FW, etc. But I’m having some problems. Are VapeWild’s concentrates just low quality or am I doing something wrong? I did a 16% with their blueberry, an 8% with their strawberry, and a 5% with their mango, and I can’t seem to taste anything.

2 Likes

I haven’t used vapewilds stuff…

But to answer your question…yes too much flavor may result in unwanted consequences such as muted flavor.

You may want to check vapewilds site to see what they recomend for flavor percents.

3 Likes

Vapewild is not commonly used but those %'s do look high
Vape Wild comcentrates are their “one shot” blends of their recipes. Meaning they have combined actual brands of flavoring and sell thos combinations of flavors as a concentrate.
Many of my multi flavor mixes seemed unbalanced at 2 weeks but after a month the flavor was spot on. Single flavors, not so much a balance issue but a strength issue.
That and other good tips in the thread: New here asking newbie questions
Gl to you but i’d start low till u taste it

2 Likes

Some flavour brands mute with too much flavour some taste of perfume some like puke. I have not ever used vw stuff but if you are getting muted flavour with that much flavour i would suggest diluting it.

I highly recommend doing single flavor tests so you have a ball park % to work within a recipe

4 Likes

never used their flavors, unfortunately they’re not sold in my country at all… i am mostly using TFA/TPA, CAP, FlavourArt, FlavorWest, AtmosLab Flavors…
well in my experience … using too much and DIFFERENT flavors can drive to unwanted effects… no taste at all, very light taste (no matter if you have added even 50% flavor in your mix), too sour, or too sweet without having ANY other traces of taste like for example blueberries or strawberry or mango in your case…

3 Likes

Vape Wilds concentrates are not quality and I do not recommend them at all.

1 Like

@Mohok, do not think you are missing anything by not having Vape Wild concentrates available to you. I assure you that you are not missing out, they suck.

2 Likes

VapeWild is a reseller/ relabeler of flavor concentrates, mainly FW & some TFA/TPA. The One shot concentrate mixes are called “Boosters”. They are VapeWilds stone mixes of their recipes. @jkbradly what you will need to do is pair the Blueberry, Strawberry & Mango up with other flavorings that will help to round out the taste. By layering those flavors at a lower percentages & adding a complimentary flavoring like Blueberry/BlackCurrant (FA), Strawberry/ Strawberry Shisha (INW) you will enhance your Eliquid recipes end product. Here’s a great link (food & beverage) for pairing flavors that works well for DIYing applications. FYI VWs pricing is not competitive with other flavor concentrate Venders.

1 Like

Vape wild had a thread here for a little while, promoting their new EU site. They didn’t return after people asked them questions regarding their products that they couldn’t, or wouldn’t answer. If I remember correctly their recommended mixing percentage was 10 - 20%.

1 Like

well i don’t know them, i haven’t used them… so i can’t have a honest opinion about it… but i am sure that you can find a good use in combination with other flavors for them… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using too much flavor makes it gross, actually :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, not in any combination. I was recently speaking to another mixer about problems mixing top shelf brands with off brands and was explaining why he was not getting good results. Most of these less known flavoring companies are less known for good reason. I’ve tried Vape Wild’s watered down rebottled concentrates and they are useless.

2 Likes

As others have said, it depends. Too much CAN wreck a mix, but depends on the flavorings. I’m constantly surprised by Wayne Walker who mixes in incredibly low %'s and get’s insane mixes. Never a bad idea to start LOW, because you can always add MORE, but you can’t take it out, once it’s in.

1 Like