Does anybody know whats actually in this sweetener? Anybody used it?

Does anybody know whats actually in this sweetener? Or has anybody used it?

Its another thing I added to get to the free shipping limit. I don’t imagine I’ll be using much since even some juices that say mildly sweet, I find too sweet. I only recall finding two juices ever that weren’t too sweet. At the same time I think I still want a small amount.

But anyway, I’m asking because I’ve noticed a few ejuices over the years have really repulsed me. I’ve encountered the exact same disgusting smell and taste several times. I’ve found it in vanilla flavours, coffee flavours, and even in tobacco flavours?

And thought maybe that was from one of the sweeteners (like Ethyl Maltol?). But maybe its another flavouring agent just used in a variety of products. ( RY4?)

And this one line in the listing kind of worries me “with a hint of honey” I hope thats just marketing spin, I don’t want honey flavour in my menthol/iced juice.

Making me think maybe I should have got this one instead.

Since it says “The flavor profile is characterized by a pure sweetness without any additional notes or complexities”

Its probably sucralose that I’m looking for? Just since thats a pretty just sugary and nothing else taste. But not sure.

Anyway hopefully if I’m just adding a very small amount it wont really matter if there’s a hint of honey. I really don’t like honey…

4 Likes

Oh and I guess I should mentioned the flavours I liked, idk if that would help. iced pomegranate from bargainejuice/the vapourist, its funny I can’t even taste the pomegranate, I just liked it because it wasn’t that sweet and was iced. And salteez blue raz iced, just something I picked up from a local store.

2 Likes

@iameatingjam it’s part Maltol, and part Sucralose. I use it often, and it’s almost like a combination sweetener, as Maltol and Suc sweeten differently.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=342300

TPA has Maltol in a lot of there flavors as well.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx?cas=118-71-8

CAP’s Super Sweet is just Suc with preservatives. It is also used pretty often, albeit sometimes too high. It can give the “Sugar Lips” effect is used farily high.

7 Likes

Thanks. Do you find there’s much flavour in it? Or pretty much just sweet?

4 Likes

Both are sweet, and neither has any honey in it to my tastes. The Super Sweet is pure-er tasting, whereas the TPA Sweetener has some cotton candy notes, but fairly light.

Both sweeten, but favor certain flavors over others sometimes. I use TPA’s more for fruits, and CAP’s for everything else. They can be used interchangeably to a large degree, but CAP’s is roughly twice as strong for reference.

You can’t really FIX a bad mix by dosing sweetener in it, although some commercial companies try LOL, but it’s most EFFECTIVELY used as an enhancer, and to help make things POP a little more. At least that’s how I try to use them.

CAP Super Sweet - Pure Sweet
TPA Sweetener - Sweet with a little Cotton Candy.

5 Likes

What’s interesting is you will hear about EM (Ethyl Maltol) a lot regarding sweeteners, and it’s MUTING effect, which it can and will do. Technically, EM, and M (Maltol) are different, but the EM is much stronger, and they are VERY similar in taste.

Regardless of the sweetener, most times, LESS is more.

5 Likes

Okay that puts my mind to ease a bit. The fact that you say you use it in fruit flavours sounds like it will be fine. Its more the coffee/vanilla/caramel/cream type flavours where I’ve found that repulsive aroma, whatever it is. But fruit flavours usually agree with me, apart from usually being a bit too sweet. So I guess that means, I’ll just be very careful with how much I add.

And I don’t know what you mean by muting? This will pretty much just be a menthol/iced and thats it juice. I ordered some menthol juice as well as some of the pomegranate iced for the nicotine ( never tasted the pomegranate anyway… just tastes like slightly sweet and iced to me)

And then just pg/vg to dilute it down for my taper, with some ws23 to replenish some of the lost cooling sensation which I find pretty vital to the whole thing. And then a little bit of this sweetener… And hopefully that will be fine… we’ll see.

Never actually bought menthol juice before but originally I thought I’d be cooling with menthol crystals ( before I found flvrs.com thanks to the help of you guys). but… the orders already put in so it will have to do, I don’t think half menthol half iced will clash. I hope…

Anyway, thanks for the re-assurance.

4 Likes

To my tastes EM, and M seem to better target fruit flavors for some reason, and boost them up, or help them pop, as opposed to Suc, which just blankets the entire mix in a sweetness.

Ahhhh, the Elephant IN the room. Muting happens often when you OVER flavor mixes. Flavors have a ceiling where they stop increasing in strength, and can start to “curl” around on themselves, get squirrely, and even REDUCE in strength. This is also a very common side effect of M and EM. If used correctly, it’s not really an issue. Just like anything else, if you use it right, you won’t have any problems.

Well that is ONE thing, I cannot help you with. I despise cooling agents, and we don’t get along very well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know, now that I think about it, I think I despite fruiting agents :stuck_out_tongue:

Jk of course. Thanks again.

3 Likes