Does anyone else miss stickers?

I think it must have changed, I don’t get into town much these days. Last time I was in there it was still the hobgoblin but it’s now listed as the Alehouse on Google.
That was a very good time, I came to Reading in 2004. People were in a good mood and very positive thinking.

4 Likes

We may have crossed paths. I was one of the polite Law Society and CAMRA members back then.

4 Likes

I live near the uni now and we go to Harris garden a lot. I never went to Reading uni myself but my course was designed and overlooked by Reading, evening classes in Bracknell. Innit?

3 Likes

Ah I lived on Cumberland Road in my second and third year (a great road for murders, Tesco and the Beer Festival) and studied mostly at Foxhilll house on the Whiteknights campus.

3 Likes

Wow Cumberland Road is hardcore.
In my first year in Reading whole cemetery junction was locked down by police because there was a murder! We still had to go to the Mr Cod shop on the corner though.

Apologies for totally derailling the thread by the way…

3 Likes

Oh that might be the day I woke up after a long ale related check and had to ask the TV crew what happened. We slept/were passed out while a helicopter was over our house.

Fun times, fun times.

5 Likes

Yes, the TV crew were by Mr Cod that day.

3 Likes

Fun times indeed…

2 Likes

I remember having a neighbour who walked around with a machete and another who wanted to bathe naked with her female friends, while we tried to play Countdown on a clothesline.

Cumberland was a fun road,

5 Likes

Definitely training for my life after.

4 Likes

Should I ask?

3 Likes

The British show but played with letters and numbers on pieces of A4 which were randomly drawn from a pile and pegged on a clothesline.

6 Likes

Someone doesn’t watch The IT Crowd… :laughing:

S4e02

4 Likes

That post by @SquirrelSmash makes SO much more sense now! I’ve seen a few episodes of The IT Crowd, but missed that one.

3 Likes

I sometimes manage to make sense: Must be a special day.

3 Likes

I would have gone for 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown:

4 Likes

I politely asked BullCity for a sticker with my most recent order… they delivered… I got a sticker! :grin:

7 Likes