Does anyone else miss stickers?

Years ago we used to get free stickers with everything, now it seems that only Steam Crave and one of my UK concentrate suppliers (Darkstar) gives them away. Are there any other big kids out there who miss getting stickers and decals with their mods and RDAs?

12 Likes

I used to ask for them all the time. Sometimes I’d get some, sometimes I wouldn’t. I’ve collected stacks of them over the past few years though. Sometimes it was other “swag” like shirts and masks. Here’s a few photos:

Uwell used to include stickers of a Viking like character in their tube canister packaging. Wotofo did a few, and a couple of other companies. I wish for every atomizer, there’d be a sticker to go along with it. I like when sites or stores send them too.

12 Likes

You’re making me miss them more now.

I got down to thinking about it after I got a few hundred Pokemon decals for my stepdaughter and wondered, “Where are my Toys?”

6 Likes

I got the impression that most vapor companies make them for promotion. The online stores and distributors got them. Regular consumers might get some at random but the employees at those sites probably got most of the cool stuff.

One day I just decided to ask for some nicely in the delivery notes or whatever during checkout. I don’t know if you know by now but I order a lot of vaping stuff lol. Every order I ask nicely. Sometimes they send some which is really cool.

I’ll try get a couple more photos.

7 Likes

Some of these are duplicates from above.

That’s about half of the ones I got. I have more in a box somewhere but can’t seem to locate it right now. I love stickers too.

14 Likes

My day always gets a little brighter if there are decals or other freebies included in the box. I always ask if any are available and sometimes I get one. Was a tiny bit disappointed when I didn’t get my pipette of Sweet Raspberry from my BCF order.

7 Likes

I do not care about stickers at all, so newp.

2 Likes

Now I’m wishing I hadn’t thrown most of the stickers away. I did save a metric ton of NASA mission patches, stickers, and coffee mugs when I was at Nasa Goddard Space Flight Center.

15 Likes

I’ve got quite a few stickers, don’t have any picks atm
Mostly I collect Cuckoo Clocks, Cookie jars, and Beer / drink / saloon tokens
(Oh yeah and mods / tanks… etc! )

8 Likes

Beers @SessionDrummer and @INOIROC 's collections reminded me of a pub in Reading, Berkshire: They’d serve a barrel and then add the mats from the brewery to the ceiling and walls.

I spent many nights with friends looking up and playing connect 15 based on ales we could prove we had.

8 Likes

I partly agree with @Guido_Possum, partly because ‘do not care’ doesn’t cover it.
I absolutely loath stuff like that.

All that merchandise crap taking up space, gathering dust and I’m certainly not gonna spend any of my time removing dust from useless objects.
I save that energy for the few items that actually benefit from being dust free.

There must be landfills full of that stuff.
Maybe that’s why they stopped doing it. Some new litter tax or some such, like the having to pay for your plastic bag instead of getting it for free…

6 Likes

Do you live in Berkshire mate? I’m from Berkshire myself, Royal Ascot to be precise.

5 Likes

No. I come from Cheshire, went to uni in Reading and at the moment, stuck in Liverpool.

6 Likes

Oh, I guess you’ve never been to FLA where they hang bra’s from the ceiling at Capt Tony’s and Boot Hill Saloon :sunglasses: (all walked in) :ok_hand:

7 Likes

It’s already on my list of Memorable sites to go.

3 Likes

A part of my second US and Canada tour: I think its a marker on the way to Bobby Mackey’s: A long tour.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer Nice collection :+1:

4 Likes

Is that the Hobgoblin / the Alehouse on Broad Street opposite the Oracle? Lovely place, but since the smoke ban pubs like this one started to smell really badly… the smoke neutralised the stale beer and other nasty smells.

4 Likes

The Hobgoblin. Up there with The Moderation and Magpie and Parrot (never take Spencer’s chair) for pubs with character in that area.

1 Like

Did it change name? It was the Hobgoblin in my uni days: 2002 - 2005.

3 Likes