Does anyone know if Flavor Jungle dilutes the flavor concentrates?

I used to purchase from Nicotine River for about 3 years before they shut it down for wholesale business only. The branded flavor concentrates were clean and I had two recipes that were pretty much ADV that I made over and over in the 3 years without fail.

I ended up running out of Sweet Strawberry, Sweet Watermelon and Strawberry Ripe and bought all three from Flavor Jungle. The finished juices were unusable and tasted horrible with a breathy, bread taste but no taste of the flavor. After making two juices over and over for three years the only change was the 3 flavorings from Flavor Jungle.

Has anyone had any issues with companies diluting branded flavor concentrates thereby altering the flavor all together? I would hope that a company wouldn’t do but those three flavors made junk juice.

3 Likes

Ive never had a problem with flavors from Flavor Jungle except once … FLV Vanilla Pudding had crap on bottom of bottle which I figured it was old or stored wrong…Besides that ive bought 100s of bottles from them without problems

6 Likes

I sure hope not. I have a decent amount of flavors I recently bought from them. I don’t think I’ve tapped into any of them yet.

Are those the only flavors you have? You didn’t say your other flavors are ok. Is food tasting normal?

4 Likes

Is the sweet SB and sweet watermelon Capella ??? Ive always got original manufacturer bottles from FJ when buying Cap

5 Likes

I still have a large stash of concentrates that I bought from Nicotine River when I knew they were going to close. I use a recipe from this site called Strapplemelon and the two main volume ingredients were the Sweet Strawberry and Sweet Watermelon. Fiji Apple and Super Sweet were both from my clean Nicotine River stash.

5 Likes

Yes, they’re both Capella. These last bottles were like a mini jug style so I wondered if they were Flavor Jungles own packaging that it’s poured into. I went to the Capella website in desperation thinking I’ll try to order direct but they only now sell 16oz and gallons starting at $49.00 so it would be pretty expensive to buy just two flavors from them. The containers on the Capella website are bottle and not jug styles…https://www.capellaflavors.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sweet+watermelon It says starting at $27 but only if you buy +225 bottles so $49.95 for one. All of their small bottles in all flavors are sold out but their bottle packaging is different than the mini white jugs.

4 Likes

Sorry, yes food tastes normal. I’ve made other juices trying to avoid any recipes that contained Sweet Watermelon and Sweet Strawberry from my Nictone River stash and they’re fine.

4 Likes

Ah ok. I’m just getting nervous since the main juice I’ve made for 3 years had to be put down the sink because it tasted that bad. My husband asked me what changed and he can vape anything but even he refused to vape more than the one tank and changed coils. The only change in my recipe was the two new concentrates from Flavor Jungle.

5 Likes

Could be bad flaves or rebottled wrong …it happens

5 Likes

Contact Flavor Jungle? Maybe it is something they are aware of or should be made aware of. Hopefully they would work with you and maybe want to obtain samples for testing or comparison.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll contact them and see if they can help.

4 Likes

Wanted to welcome you to the forum. You’ve gotten some good replies.

3 Likes

Yes, everyone has been very helpful. :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re right, could be a possibility. In all the years that I purchased from Nicotine River they were always 100% on point and they had high quality control so having to find other vendors after NR went full wholesale, only made me realize not all vendors may have the same high standards. :sweat:

4 Likes

I’ve had issues with NR ( river supply ) they all makes mistakes , its how they respond that matters

6 Likes

Yep, every business and vendor makes mistakes. You are so right, it is how they respond that either keeps me as customer or not.

4 Likes