Don't be a dumb ass like me

So I was mixing today and all my plastic containers were full so I mixed up a batch in a 150ml glass beaker. When I finished I grabbed the trusty Badger and proceeded to froth… and pow… crack. Needless to say I had 120ml of freshly mixed juice in my lap and some on the carpet. Now I’m sure I’ll smell Fuji Apple for the rest of my life. Wifey ain’t a happy camper :frowning:

4 Likes

oooooooh, unlucky man, for glass beakers may I suggest @GPC2012 method of the ‘cable tie’ mixer, doubt that would break glass.

Messy lesson learnt dude :rolling_eyes:

3 Likes

True, true… it’s plastic from now on when using the Badger :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about one of these:
Norpro Cordless Mini Mixer, 5 Piece Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E39LYO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_g8nkybX05TP1S

A few months ago I spotted something in a bottle I had just mixed with my badger…took me forever to fish it out, but I did and it was a small metal flake. Apparently after much usage, those badger mixers, which have some kind of metal coating, will start to flake off. Since that day, I’ve used the plastic mixer I just linked above.

7 Likes

I was just looking at that one! I’ve been debating what, if any kind of stirring gadget I could get that I could also use for regular cooking. Now that I have a few recipes good enough to make larger batches, this shaking all the time is getting harder, lol.

2 Likes

At least it wasn’t guava, I’ve heard that smells like cat pee. :persevere:

4 Likes

A couple months back i bought some PDO and when it arrived i removed it from the box, shook it and all of a sudden my hand was empty and there was PDO EVERYWHERE. Took a second to realize what happened, it seems my hand just let go and it slammed into the ground at 1,084,920,284 nano meters/second.

We all dumb ass from time to time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I made a magnetic mixer from an old computer fan but not to sure how long to mix it with that, so mostly just use my £2 frother

Oh my… I’ve done worse.

hey this raises a good question in my head. When mixing large quantitiles lik 200ml onwards, can it be simply given a shake, before steep. Or is it mandatory to mix using a frother or stirrer of some sort?

I vape 80/20 VG/PG btw

Atleast highly recommended.

looks like you accidentally picked up the Honey Badger mixer …common mistake :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve had a couple of those. They work great for 180ml and under batches. Any more than that it it slows down. For my needs though, it works just fine.

1 Like

i use a magnetic mixer for everything 30ml and up before that i got this to do bigger batches if you want and are in the states i dont use it at all but it mixes great

3 Likes

What is it? Is it a mixer attachment?

1 Like

yes it goes on thw end of drill

2 Likes

I use that same one and have been very happy so far.:grinning:

1 Like

I’d recommend doing everything in some sort of tray to catch spills. I use an old cake pan & it works great. As for mixing large quantities, I’ve had great results simply using the flask, shaking/spinning, then give it a day or two to rest before bottling. It works best for me if the flask is twice the capacity. Eg… I use a 1000ml flask to mix 500ml of juice, 500ml flask to mix 250ml, etc…