Don't you just love it when

Don’t you guys (and gals) just love it when you mix up something off the top of your head and you get something amazing. You whip it up and pull over the trusty old dripper and casually drop on a few drops …and kaboom your mind and taste buds are blown away. You just made that days vape heaven. Gotta love that!

7 Likes

I wouldn’t know… this has never happened to me :flushed:

Usually, testing one of my creations is like that moment in Russian roulette when it’s my turn and four other people have already gone. Odds are 50/50 that this is gonna suck hard…:worried:

I’m glad your blends are going well though. I’ll get there eventually lol. Still learning my solo flavors and how they play with each other. On the bright side… I’ve made some really interesting Harry Potter Jelly Bean flavors. Mixed in the correct (incorrect?) percentages, I can make custard magically turn into vomit in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

We must have gone to the same school LOL. Actually I have made a couple that are…OK… at best. I really need to read The Flavor Bible and just stop guessing.

I know how that is… Even using other peoples recipes I still am not a huge fan on the liquids I make. Not quite sure why… I must be really picky or something. Seems like I only like store bought liquids.

1 Like

Yea, best thing I’ve managed so far is 3% Choc. Fudge Brownie CAP with 2% Marshmallow CAP. Deeeeeelicious!!! I have several others brewing but I keep having to tweak them. Basically make a “best guess” blend, wait a week and tweak. Rinse and repeat. I’m finding patience is absolutely imperative, sadly a skill I’m woefully inadequate in. I’ve decided instead to rely on my defeatist skills. These skills have been honed to perfection over many years of rigorous use. Basically I just throw the bottle in a drawer and think…“F it, I’ll find it later…” lol

Same here, I tried some posted recipes that had great ratings but guess my taste buds are sensitive or something. One recipe I tried, called for 12% in different strawberry flavors plus other add-ins and I thought I was gonna die. I might as well vape battery acid out of my car lol.

I think it’s fruit flavors that really get to me. Gotta be something to do with the acidity in them cause I can barely handle them at ~1%.

1 Like

So, @mat2… what was it?.. what was that magical mix?

This was mine…

Glory pie

Ingredient %
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 2
Pie Crust (TPA) 3
Ripe Banana (TPA) 1
Sweet Cream (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 9%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

GLORIOUS!!

3 Likes

Yup… it’s that moment of ‘Bliss’

9 Likes

@Alisa - Lol. That’s funny.

Yeah, I have 3 or 4 recipes I absolutely love at first vape. They were mixed in the last couple weeks though so steeping will tell the tale. I have a blueberry yogurt with almond that blew my mind at first vape. I plan to test a few mixes this weekend and I hope to look as blissful as our cutie pie Alisa here. But I’m not taking a pic of my ugly ass :wink:

6 Likes

You just got to love this picture

2 Likes

Well, sweetie… we definitely don’t need shots of your lovely ass. But, a pic of your ‘Bliss Face’ would be awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, I love that. It’s the rainbow of DIY. Rare and exquisite. Recently had that experience with this one. Give it a shot if you have the goods.

Christmas Cheer (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient%
Bergamot (FA)0.4
Candy Cane (FW)1.5
Cookie (FA)2.5
Graham Cracker (CAP)0.5
Orange Citrus (Flavorah)2
Orange Cream (TPA)2
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah)0.15
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)2

Flavor total: 11.05%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Me’thinks Alisa is having a vapegasm. hehehe

3 Likes

the only difference between a shop bought liquid and one you will find on here is a fancy label and a hefty price tag! the key is really to find a recipe you like or a mixer you like and be accurate when mixing yourself (mix by weight) also high quality base liquids really play a key role source yourself good nic pg and vg and it will be all sunshine and rainbows :wink:

2 Likes

It made all the difference for me.

1 Like

yeah when i first started i went down the road of whats cheapest such a bad move sometimes my mixes were like vaping sandpaper! now i go for the pharmaceutical grade and its really not so much more expensive and the nic plays a big part too it can really affect flavor imo

btw if any of you are from UK i can point you in the direction of some good vendors for your bases

To the OP I just had that happen two days ago. I was trying to clone a amazing juice I got at the Phoenix vape expo (ADV GOLD). It is a chalky minty Mojito flavor. I mixed up my best guess and was not even close, I ended up making Lemon head candy, and it is great. Been vaping it for two days and I love it. All the guys at work are begging for me to make them some.

As for the DIY stuff not tasting good. I have only been mixing for a few months, so my knowledge is limited. I get all my stuff from heartland vapes. I don’t know if they are better or worse then anybody else as it is the only place I have ever purchased from. When my friends and I went to the vape expo we all agreed the stuff I am making (not my recipes at the time) was better then 95% of the stuff people were selling there.

1 Like

I was referring to better more concentrated flavors. It turned things around for me. I do know what you mean about good nic too. Bad nic costed me plenty also.

1 Like

what concentrates are you using or are your favorites at the moment if you don’t mind me asking?

Mostly Flavorah, FA and some INW.

Only a few TPA and Cap and very few FW. I just couldn’t nail these down… too many variations.

I recently acquired some Medicine Flower flavors. What’s on the bottle is what’s in the bottle.

Some of us recently put this list together and most of what I use is in this list.

3 Likes