Doomsday Preppers - FDA Deeming Regulations Fallout

Three things that may become really hard to get: Mods, RBAs (tanks, drippers, etc. or basically anything that isn’t a cigalike cartridge), nicotine liquid.

PG, VG, flavors (especially ones originally made for food like TPA, Lorann, Cap, etc.), batteries, wire, cotton, bottles, syringes, pipettes, etc. will all likely continue to be available. Resellers may wind up having to label them in a particular way, but it’s pretty unlikely that any of these will become ‘impossible’ to get.

While being prepared is not a bad thing, nothing is set in stone yet and the fight is far from over. This isn’t the end of vaping and I’m sure on some level the politicians know that. This is a major hurdle, but I don’t personally believe that this is the death stroke. We aren’t going away and as long as we stay vocal and keep fighting for our right to vape, we stand a chance.

6 Likes

I totally agree and plan on stocking up on mods, rdas & rtas. At least all of this gives me a good “excuse” to sell it to the better half! :smirk:

1 Like

So what mods should I be looking at? Currently I have 2 evic minis, 1 iPV5, 4 crown tanks (but I don’t want to buy coils), 1 Tsunami RDA and 1 Griffin 25 RTA. I will need “supplies” for the both of us (wife & I). I’d love to hear some suggestions.

I love the evic minis and if I was going to stock up on a mod that would be the one I’d choose. Mostly because they’re small and cheap but they still have all the functionality I’d need. My favorite mod is my VT133 but there’s no way I could have afforded it much less several.

Tanks are not going to be as long lasting as RDAs simply because they have more parts that can wear out or break. That being said, I don’t think this is going to happen tomorrow or be ‘forever’ so I’d look at getting a good mix of stuff.

If you like the crown, get as many coils as you can now. They last a good long while anyway. If I were to stock up on RTAs, it’d be aromamizers. I have RBA decks for my Subtank minis and crowns, but those will be last resorts as they are really finicky. I’m not up on what the best RDAs are. I have PV 1.5, Magma, and Velocity clones. I don’t know that I’ll buy any more than that unless it is just cause there’s one I can’t live without. A couple of really good drippers should last dang near forever. Only thing that might need to be replaced is screws or o-rings and those will still be available.

2 Likes

Anything that will last a few years … so, not much atm. Don’t panic buy. Wait until it’s actually coming into effect, save up on side. Then buy all of the things.

Just getting ideas. And like I said, this whole BS is giving me an excuse to get some new toys with the better half’s approval! :wink:

1 Like

LOL I’m all for that! “We need this for the vapocalypse, honey!” Then when it doesn’t happen (one can hope…) you can just say it was better to be safe than sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

flavors should also they are for food primarily, vaping is a bonus use for them

1 Like

Looking forward to the vape Mail thread over the next few weeks. Already starting to see shortages in the UK!

1 Like

Just done some shopping!

2 Likes

Do you guys really think equipment will be hard to acquire? I’m thinking we may see a little lag in availability but then someone will put out that “multi-purpose power pack” with attachments that just happen to use a 510 connector. But be prepared to pay 2-3x what you do now! If I had the wherewithal, I would start a company called FUFDA and do that very thing. Maybe FUfda…that looks cooler and emphasizes the true message. Then hire that Shamwow dude to sell it…our multipurpose tool will power any of our screw-on attachments such as flashlight, mixer, router, Dremel, taser, laser, or any dc device via our convenient 2 post connector!

For my own purposes I will be getting a good supply of Nicotine, and that’s it. Because flavors will remain available and they can’t outlaw everything we use - we’ll figure it out concerning equipment, and the cherry on top is China’s interest in not losing the American consumer as a customer. I promise we buy more of their stuff than anyone…they will do whatever it takes to retain us.

5 Likes

Where do I sign up…lol

1 Like

I panicked waaay back when I first heard of the deeming regs. At this point I’m pretty much set. I took @ringling advice and I’ve stepped my nic level down to 2mg. I have a couple of years worth of nic stored and I will be fully off nic before then. I vape less than 2 tanks per day. At this point vaping is hobby that I enjoy very much, but it’s not essential for me anymore.

I really hoped the final regs wouldn’t be as severe as this latest regs release. But now, it’s a reality and I’m very happy I planned ahead.

With this being said I’ll probably buy a couple Vt133s and a couple more Boreas tanks. For me, they are the pinnacle of vaping.

My worst feeling about this whole ordeal is that current smokers will be denied this easy path to being tobacco free.

F%#k the FDA!!!

11 Likes

I feel ya. I helped many people get off of cigarettes. What can I tell them when I can no longer keep them supplied with the essentials to stay smokefree. Only a hand full quit vaping as well. I will no longer be able to help people quit and that makes for a sad, sad day when I’m forced to stop. I’m still hopeing this gets tied up in court and does not take effect as planned…

7 Likes

I had a thought. Even though I feel it will probably never be impossible to obtain the equipment we want or need, I do think the people we buy from may be savvy enough to take advantage of the situation. I already had a couple things coming prior to the Deeming Regulations but went ahead a got a couple more things ordered. Haven’t bought anything of significance for a while, but today I managed to get a couple of vapocalypse-proof ones, such as

2 Noisy Cricket Mech mods
2 Velocity RDA

That should see me through any onslaught of brown shirts or jack-booted thugs

Other stuff on the way…

2-5 packs of Theorem Notch Coils
2 Boreas Tanks
Drip Tips
A Theorem Tank
A Liter of 100mg Nic

And anything else I need and can’t get should be easily obtainable unless I wake up on the moon, in which case I hope I have one of my tanks and a fully charged battery because I bet you can chuck some awesome clouds in zero gravity and no atmosphere!

4 Likes

Just purchased 1L of 100% nic for the freezer, 150 Kanger dual coils, and 150 Kanger vertical coils for my subox. PG & VG will still be available as will flavorings for food etc. Worst case I can use the RBA in the subox and make my own coils. Doesn’t hurt to be prepared I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t let @daath catch you saying that. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @JoJo for your ever watchful eye.

2 Likes

VT133 available for $84 shipped…see the good deals thread

1 Like

VT133 for $84 shipped…see the good deals thread

2 Likes