DOTAIO experience

I just want to post my experience with the Dot AIO. I’ve been super disappointed with the flavorless vape I get from this device. Tried adjusting airflow and multiple coils. All I can say is if anyone was thinking about getting this I wouldn’t. Unless anyone has some advice to get this thing rocking it’ll probably end up back in the box.

3 Likes

I got plenty of flavour from the .7 coils, mind you it’s all I’ve tried so far… I think it’s pretty tasty for a sub ohm coil anyways…

4 Likes

Joel… back in the day, anything under .5 ohms was sub… funny now… I have the Breeze NXT and it only came with .8phm coils… but it hits like a trooper!

3 Likes

Thanks @anon44012888 I think I might have to pick some up and try them! Definitely been disappointed with the .3 ohm. I think it’s getting vapor locked blows clouds but tastes like vg lol

2 Likes

Dotmod just released the RBA for it the other day. Don’t have one myself but if that RBA section turns out to be good, might have to give it a shot.

4 Likes

Oh ya thanks for this update! Not it should be good. I did find I get better flavor with salt nic 50/50 so I’m going to experiment with 50/50 freebase and see. I will be ordering the rba for sure though!

3 Likes

Thanks, I did a quick google search of it yesterday and didn’t find anything

3 Likes

I just saw the price, unless it comes down gonna have to pass myself.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s like 47 CAD, bit steep…

3 Likes

I ordered one. A bit pricey but you also get another tank with it so not bad. The tank alone is around 20$ so another 20$ for the rba. Oh well it should be epic. It has to be better than the coils I would think.

4 Likes

Please let us know how it is, I hope it is awesome

3 Likes

I definitely will! I’m hoping so cuz the coils kinda blow. I’m wanting the rba to be the redeemer for the device.

2 Likes

I really enjoy mine with the rba head, got the rba on sale for 22$ and I think it’s a great little setup (with the rba), I’m a super sub-ohm vaper. I vape .08s to .10s on mechs and pwms most of the time. I wouldn’t use the dot aio for my all day daily driver so to speak, i mainly use it if I’m running errands or I need to stealth vape, but the rba is MUCH better than the coils imho. I use fused Clapton in it. 30g fused with 40g, comes in at around 0.70 and it’s great. I won my mod, that being said I wouldn’t pay the 80 to 100$ that vendors are charging for it because like I said it’s a back-up beater setup for me.

2 Likes

That reminds me of old school vape gear set ups… sweet!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to be honest, and i try alot of hardware, the DOTAIO is pretty good. The rebuildable deck is ok, but the dotmod coils (pricey) are spot on and give a really good flavour. Strange that opinions on a device can vary so much but i really do like mine

2 Likes

Agreed. I find with salt it has great flavor but not so much for with 70/30 even with the rba. I do like the device however it’s quite pricey. I’m looking forward to the OBS alter! I think it’s gonna be more suited for how I vape. Subohm.
Not really digging the pod craze. I feel like devices have gotten smaller just to head back to where we are now lol

2 Likes