Doubts about the validity of the flavors

I have read about the conservation of the flavors, which should remain in dark and cold place, but even then, what is the safe time to use these? Speaking to my supplier, he told me that they can be kept for up to 2 years, but remember the date of purchase!
In Europe they are forced to have the expiration date on the bottles, which seems to be within 1 year, but looking at the original bottle I have from TPA or Cappela, I do not see any information! Anyone want to comment / help on the subject?

2 Likes

I’ll parrot what I’ve said before, as it still holds true for me. I have flavors that I’ve had for years. I still use them and I will keep using them until they’re gone. They don’t “go bad” like milk would. It’s not like the flavor is going to rot or be dangerous. The worst thing that will happen is it will lose potency. If that’s happened to any of my flavors, it hasn’t been enough that I’ve been able to noticeably say “Yep, that ones old. It doesn’t have much flavor anymore.” FWIW I keep my flavors in plastic translucent bins in a corner of my room. Not necessarily cold or dark, but not in heat or direct sunlight either.

17 Likes

Thanks JoJo for the explanation, I’m glad I did not have to massively renew the aromas not spent after the 2 years. I had read about losing strength, (like citrus flavors) especially in plastic bottles. this being true, is already a good clue to explain a fruity recipe to come out less good. With a new recipe is more complicated, because the taste after maturation, may not be the true flavor of the juice, and even lead to exclude a good recipe of its rotation. On the positive side it will not be bad for health, if it happens

1 Like

in general the two years is what the manufacturers say… 2 years…
personally i caught myself using some expired flavors after some time and they worked perfectly as they were brand new made BUT however i can’t suggest it as a safe practice to anyone… and i can’t even be sure that this could work for EVERY SINGLE flavor or what could be happen in any case…

1 Like

The general consensus here in the UK is, “Once opened consume within 12 months”.

1 Like

Sure … as far as vaping is concerned, there will still be many question marks on the air for a few more years … My wife is always saying that this is not good for health … I reply that she is still I did not notice anyone dying for vaping. :sorrir:
I hope to keep saying that for many years!

2 Likes

I just wanted to add here that Twinkies even have an expiration date, but you know they will taste the same FOREVER.
Read into that what you will. Deep deep thoughts indeed.

2 Likes
2 Likes