Doug Has Questions

@all,
I bought some streight pg. I was thinking of thinning the 30\70 to 50\50. I imaging that might be to thin for juice now. anyone have anything they would suggest?

3 Likes

sorry, watching a live show and chatting here and ordering new flavors LOL. I would hate to tell you what to use hon, I think that’s such a personal choice.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, lmao. Sorry. I don’t know about pg and vg. again, something I’m trying to learn about lol.

4 Likes

I’ve always used 30 vg/70 vg in sub ohm tanks although other’s probably do other stuff LOL and 50/50 in mouth to lung tanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Doug over time that will settle a little what I try not to do is have a massive spike then maintain - it works better for me to just maintain my nic levels. My sweet spot is 3mg salts at around 280w on a mech.

Over time you may find a level that works for you where you don’t get that big nic hit (and get a bit nictarded) and then drop to a lower-powered mod. If it keeps you from smoking it really doesnt matter how u do it just that it works

4 Likes

That one is a personal choice @Caped_Conspirathist
You might want to read this to get some idea:

3 Likes

I used to use 50/50 in a pen style vape with small atomisers - helps the juice flow through the smaller holes in those types of atomisers.

I used 50/50 in sub-ohm tanks bottom air flow tanks with premade atomisers - leaked - needed to be thicker @30/70 is probably good.

I now use a top air flow tank with pre-made atomisers with 40/60 - keeps the juice thin enough not to gunk the coils much.

It really depends on your tank…

3 Likes

I’ve never used 50/50 in a sub ohm tank so I’m glad you addressed that because I thought it might leak being so thin. I do think some folks were doing the 40/60 in those tanks but I just did 30/70 and stayed there. I might have to mix up a 40/60 to try though and see what difference it does to flavor :wink:

4 Likes

@Sevencasper ok, do you think a 35\65 might work? or a 33\67 might work? You’re probably right. I’ll look for a top airflow tank. Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Their all so small and most are RTA’s @Sevencasper. I’m wondering if a convertor cant be built… hhhmmmm

3 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist I’m not sure small increment changes like that will make much of a difference but I have never tried. I went from 50/50 to 40/60, nothing above or in between.

I think I must’ve missed something - why do you want to thin your juice?

Edit:

I found the answer/your question above ^^^
I don’t know if this would help or not:
you’ve said that you hit the 18mg too hard at higher watts -
I would reduce my watts so I don’t get the rush & maybe hit a little more often to even out your Nic consumption - less highs & lows.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I still had some leaking with 40/60 in bottom airflow. :smiley:

4 Likes

ahhh thanks for letting me know :frowning:

4 Likes

The batteries you seek don’t exist unfortunately…the more amps a battery puts out the less mah it can have within a given size… but there are some 20700/21700 batteries that have specs close to that, idk if I’ve ever seen a triple battery mod that uses those.

As for the triangle flavors, I vape them every single day, and I still feel better than when I smoked and I’m improving in lung function still over when I smoked, now that’s anecdotal and there are some studies that suggest that daap might be bad for you, but it’s just sooo damn delicious lol, you should also check as to why it has a triangle, sometimes it’s because the flavor has been known to crack or melt plastic tanks (mostly citrus and cinnamon). It’s your decision what flavors you use, most of the “naughty” flavors are bakery and custards so if you don’t like vaping those then no worries lol

3 Likes

@Fishaddict420 as for batteries… looks like it’s mod…ification time lmao. I can probably find 2mm in dia in If the coconut simply melts plastic then ok, that’s cool. I think the pre-made coils are steel. I’ll have to find out what the triangle with acetoin really is. I can probably modify the Aegis Legend to take a 21700… My problem is going to be the 5mm length difference. That may be a lot to pick up in a Legend. Oh well, it’s already semi-broken lol. As for the 3 battery units, the inside separators are plastic (ok, it’s all plastic lmao). No widening those unless I want to create a completely larger mod (which is doable. I’d just have make a sand or dirt\oil casting pit and create a whole new mod basically… Hey, I do McGuyver well lmao!

The pineapple and coconut have Acetoin in it. I’ve found that not enough research has been done to cover whether acetoin is inhalant safe. I imagine in high doses it is. I found some non-biased research about it. I guess I’ll use the flavors I have then get others without it.

Hey… I just realized… I may start making monster mods roflamo!!! I’ll call them “Frankenmods”, make millions, have a few lawsuits and wind up more broke than I am!!! Sounds fun, eh??? :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

@Sevencasper hmmm… Ive seen mesh that I could wrap around a coil to help limit the cotton uptake of the 50/50 in static mode… It doesn’t have to be much… I can even see the mesh now because I used to work with it in college. It’s just a micro pinch thin membrane that would slow the 50/50 the minutest of amounts. It’s either that or make the coil holes smaller. Hey!!! Franken-coils!!! If I could find a way to take coils apart without damaging them… I can weld stainless steel.

Does it show I have a lot of free time??? I was thinking “Doug’s questions” If I dig through the Q’s and A’s, I wonder if this would make fab primer for people with a ton of oddball questions??? I’m an oddball… strange… (Young Frankenstein) Just call me “Abby” (Abby-normal) :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

I will go here and there…

@Caped_Conspirathist … wait till you get a hold of a “Mech mod”
Know your ohm’s law for sure when you mess with those :wink:

I have 3 stick mechs and a really nice Geek Vape Mech mod box… for just in case my chip boards go south :tada:

4 Likes

Is already taken I believe.

I love your enthusiasm Doug but let me get this right you are going to rebuild stock coils for your existing tanks instead of getting an RTA? :thinking:

Acetoin is one of the A in DAAP ( Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, Acetoin ) as it oxidises it converts to Diacetyl.

A lot of people choose not to vape juice with DAAP due to the great popcorn lung scare (which is pretty much BS IMHO).

Note that conventional cigarettes produce a significant level of diacetyl.

A study conducted in 2006 on the toxic compounds of tobacco cigarettes determines a rate of 335.9 micrograms of diacetyl per cigarette.

Thus, a smoker consuming one pack of cigarettes per day inhales about 6718 micrograms of diacetyl.

In comparison, an e-cigarette study conducted in 2015 determined that the diacetyl coming from an ecigarette cartridge is rated at 9 micrograms.

Thus, vaping one cartridge per day is inhaling about 9 micrograms of diacetyl.

In this regard, exposure to diacetyl is 750 times higher by smoking than vaping.

Never has there ever been either a smoker with popcorn lung much less a vaper with popcorn lung but it is a personal choice to use or not use this is why the warning triangles are on the recipe side. For me, the small/nonexistent risk of using DAAP flavours is far out weighed by the better taste of creams and custards.

6 Likes

Sometimes @anon84779643 NOT having chips might mean they’re the only things that will still be working !!!

#BackUpPiece

5 Likes

That is why I have a few… for that just in case! :slight_smile:

4 Likes