Doug Has Questions

Have the people involved in listing flavors been updating the possible hazards of the flavor from new studies? I thought it might be important to show the vaping community is taking an active roll by including new scientific study results? Just an idea?

10 Likes

Do you have any resources/links for those studies you mention?
I’m sure any reliable info will be taken into consideration if you post it in the feedback section of the forum.

7 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a reliable site or not? https://www.bustle.com/p/these-are-the-7-most-toxic-vaping-flavors-according-to-science-9432319 .That’s why I asked if anyone 's been keeping up to date on any specific flavor dangers? I’m probably not the best sourcing person for this kind of information.

Let me know what you think?
Thanks!

5 Likes

“Creamy flavors” and “Complex flavors” are not actually flavors. Reads like a hit piece.

10 Likes

And if you think it may not be a hit piece, see here:

https://www.bustle.com/search?q=vaping

8 Likes

That’s why I asked. the FDA isn’t pointing out where the testing is being done nor is it referencing study results that I can find. They aren’t doing a comparison to tobacco damage in comparison, I’d guess that’s not going to happen.

I still think the vaping community should show they are being highly active with real results. I don’t want this option to smoking secession ending.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I’m missing the scientific part of it and that’s why I asked… it’s more like a click-bait article. You find hundreds or more of those, just like you’ll find so many contradicting studies too.
Once there’s reliable info, it will be included on the site. A lot of people here follow up on vaping news but this is really stale and disappointing tbh. I was half expecting some new breakthrough I might have missed.

8 Likes

I agree. I want to know specific studies, specific results, and data to back up the results. I want arguing points to send to the US gov.

IMHO, I think “big tobacco” is working on releasing something similar to vaping and is showcasing the children… Like kids weren’t sold tobacco products in the past…

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t see the need to publish links to clearly anti-vape propaganda as a means of demonstrating transparency within the vaping community. The recipe side of this forum has indicators with warnings about certain compounds found in some flavorings tagged right next to the flavor. And even then, as pointed out many times, the actual risk when used in vaping is far less due to the amount actually contained in the product compared to toxic levels.

10 Likes

So every flavor basically smfh…i dont know why I clicked on the link

9 Likes

I didn’t want to publish links. I didn’t want to at all. I agree with the community that vaping is far safer. I can feel the difference personally. I was a 3 - 3 1/2 pack a day smoker before. I had a heart attack and just 1 cigarette caused my angina to rage! Vaping doesn’t. As a matter of fact, I forget at times to take my anti angina medication now.

It’s incredibly important to me these devices don’t go away. If they do, I’m stuck with worse alternatives that are definitely more dangerous.

It’s why I spoke up to ask. I’m concerned about losing this option.

12 Likes

I do… to confirm my suspicions that the link was BS propaganda.

8 Likes

Thats 100pct correct…I knew it was goung to be some bullshit…now im irratated lmao

6 Likes

You are right to be concerned. The government and the anti-vape lobby depends on these garbage articles to persuade the public to ban vaping.

6 Likes

I didn’t want to post the link. My initial question had nothing to do with it at all. It’s why I asked without linking anything. The community’s shown me it’s a propaganda site. I posted it so everyone who knows more could eval and say if it was real.

I should have never posted the link.

6 Likes

I don’t agree with that. Not posting it would have left you with troubling concerns.

6 Likes

Obviously there’re dangers (that doesn’t mean they’re extraordinary). The anti-vape lobby needs to be rebuffed by real science. I am concerned because this is the best option I’ve had in years!!!

I haven’t had a cigarette in 6 months!!! I’m having issues cutting back on the nicotine levels but nicotine in itself is far less a carcinogen than all the other stuff in tobacco products. I’ve tried patches, gum, etc… but vaping is working for me and now they are threatening it!!!

(ok, yes… I’m upset. 35 years of smoking and I finally don’t use tobacco because of vaping)

8 Likes

Please don’t be mad at me. I only posted the link for people to tell me if it’s trash or not. My initial question had no link in it whatsoever. If you understood my life and how helpful vaping has been for me, you’d understand my concerns for banning these.

7 Likes

It is. All the time. But you have to search for the information because it is not as easily found as the propaganda- intentionally.

Congratulations for quitting analogs. Excellent to hear. Let not your heart be troubled- I have been vaping nearly 5 years now, many have as well, and there are plenty of folks active here who’ve been vaping much longer than that. We’ve not been poisoned to death by Evil Vaping as the media wants you to believe.

Read some of the stuff in this sub-forum and you’ll see many instances of these lies and junk science being roundly debunked. But they keep trying, and always will.

6 Likes

If you have questions and concerns, just ask… people come here to learn and there are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge about vaping, so you came at the right place. Now you know.
If you read any articles without references to the actual studies, listing how they were funded, what the aim of the study is, how the study was performed etc, you can usually consider it to be garbage. Don’t take on anything you read.
But even then, you’ll see “believable” studies that say everything is so bad you should quit immediately. If this is corroborated by other studies, other scientists etc, you can start taking it seriously. Otherwise, just archive it and ask yourself why nobody else thinks the same way about it. Usually there are some clues…

6 Likes