Doug Has Questions

@authormichellehughes, I’ve had 2 heart attacks. when I went to the hospital, they told me I had 2 complete blockages and the 3rd artery to my heart was 80% acluded. They put a stent in me the next week and did one of those procedures where they break up a clog by ultrasound??? I was close to dieing. Scared the crap out of me. Made me wake up to the fact that I was overweight, smoked to much and had to quit. I tried those little pouches of tobacco but they were as expensive as cigarettes and I was going through 2-3 cans a day. 2 people I knew told me about vaping. told me how safe it was and that it had flavors, not like smokes or that canned crap. So I tried one of theirs. I found it to be nice.

It took me 3 days to adjust to not getting all the other crap you get in your body like arsenic, formaldehyde, CO, CO2… 3 things off the top of my head I know are addictive after long term exposure. Then I didn’t need the smokes.

I got into diy because a place called Vape Dojo made a wonderful cucumber honeydew menthol mix. the menthol made my lungs hurt so I wanted to take that part out, bought the flavors, and the juice.Then I made it and it was awesome!!!

After that, I went and got a ton of flavors I wanted to try. I kept screwing up the mix though because I added to much flavor. Now I have 3-4 100ml bottles of juice I need to fix.

4 Likes

@woftam, Thank you so much for the topic change!!! lmao. Doug want’s to learn as fast and as much as he can. I’m in “input” mode right now (if anyone’s seen johnny 5). I really can’t remember the name of he movie but it’s about a robot that wants to learn as fast as he can.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that Doug but I’m very happy someone introduced you to vaping. It took that COPD diagnosis to finally kick me in the butt after 30+ years of smoking to finally give vaping a try. I’d tried all the crap they push too with no luck. Vaping worked the first day for me. Cucumbers, Honeydew, and Menthol are three flavors I know absolutely nothing about. I poured many a mixes down the drain when I first started, and don’t let anyone tell you they haven’t screwed up a mix, because I promise you they have even the so-called Pro’s LOL. I’m really happy to have you here Doug, nice talking! Oh proof in the pudding about pro’s messing up and fun to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BxevgNTao&feature=emb_logo

3 Likes

@authormichellehughes, Damn COPD at such a young age? That would kick my ass into looking for something else. The tfv-v12-t6 is actually very nice! it crackles when I hit it (dunno if that’s bad or good because it’s at it’s lowest w… but like everyone here, they probably had a reason to try. I didn’t want to die and they told me I would feel better. They also told me that refined nic was less addictive than most people know. I was told that vaping actually cleaned your lungs over time too

I love the flavors!!! IDK what that’s doing to my lungs so I really think the scientific studies on it are a good thing! I’m hoping that the CDC is forced to put out more good news about it. The bastards that are doing this are control freaks and they need to be run out with good info about it.

4 Likes

I’m 50 and yeah I’d smoked 2 packs a day from the age of 16. Everyone I knew in the 80’s smoked. It gets worse LOL I worked as a respiratory tech and knew it was killing me and still couldn’t quit. Ironically the majority of RT’s smoked and nurses … I know from the pulmonary function tests I’ve had over the years that my lungs have shown huge improvements so there’s nothing these people can say that change my mind about vaping. It really saved my lungs.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, I love the fact I don’t smell like cigarettes anymore!!! OMG!!! That’s a fantastic thing!!! I’ve also heard it helps unclog arteries. That refined nic helps with that too. I hope it does. If it doesn’t and it’s true it well help clear my lungs then that may mean better O2 uptake in them so that may be brownie points. IDK yet. I’m a noob. I’m learning from all of you in leaps and bounds! I was so lost about this stuff. It’s a super learning curve. The part I hate is just as you get to a point that you might be getting real info and it sounds so good, the Fed pulls something like this!!! That fucking sucks broke drizzlin dog dicks!!!

knowing this stuff is probably the most important thing I’m doing. I think it’s a major step in my life. I have tons of batteries so I’m not worried about it. I’d love to find some 3500-3800mAh batteries that can take a 30A continuous draw. That’s a lot to ask from an 18650 bat. though. I spent extra for a protected charging station since 18650’s aren’t generally protected but what’s cool is as a flashlight nut, these things work in them too!

4 Likes

I can smell a cigarette smoker a mile away now and it’s so funny how you don’t smell that when you smoke yourself. I can even tell if someone sends me something from a smoking household. It’s amazing what your nose doesn’t pick up. I started with a mouth to lung tank vaping 18-24 mg and sucked on that thing like a freight train the first 3 months. I’m hoping beyond hope they leave DIY alone, I truly believe the only thing they can tackle is nicotine because PG/VG and flavors are used in crafting and cooking. I stocked up on nicotine. See you know that 18650’s are used in other things too… so really the big issue if the PMTA’S aren’t changed will be mods, tanks and nicotine that we have to worry about

3 Likes

I found a little bit ago some TFV12-T14’s for 9.95 for 3pc boxes. bought 3 for 36sh included. Not a bad deal. I have 4 boxes of T6’s too. The T6 isn’t that bad actually. I cant wait to make some flavors with the salt nics I ordered. the issue I have is with making 2 flavored mixes of the same flavor. one is sweet, one is more tart. it’s wild because the flavors hit you at different times. The sweet hits first, then ends with the tart. I think I did that to 17%? I’m not sure though. I’ve read someplace that for my nic level that’s where I should be at. I think it was LNW. That’s before I saw this site.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried salt nics. I started with the regular nicotine and never moved away from it. I haven’t even tried a salt nic store bought … I do love LNW nicotine though. It’s a great nicotine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and the folks there are so very helpful. I know with most fruit flavors I have to blend more than one because they like to fade in a mix. I use strawberry Ripe/Strawberry Red anytime I make a strawberry. Orange by FA I’ve just found that using 3 of their oranges together works well.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, the 18mgs is making my vocal cords hoarse. I need to cut it back. I admit though, even against what everyone here says, the high watt unit will drop me like a rock after 5 hits.Then I use the 60-70w one for maintenance. I know about what you mean about smokers! I hate the fact that someone goes back to smoking because they are afraid or their nic level is to low. The people I knew were at 6mg and it was like they breathed their vape! I tried to convince them to move to 12mg to see if it helped. They finally did and found it was better. I told them there’s 18and 24mg too. They were afraid to go that high. IDK, some people just won’t try? Oh well, their loss. They went back to smoking. You can’t help those who don’t want it.

4 Likes

yeah my daughter in law has to vape at 12 mgs Sub Ohm to stay off cigs and if that works I’m all for it. She had my grandkids so anything to keep her off the smokes LOL

5 Likes

@all,
Should I use the flavors sold on e-liquid that have the triangle with the exclamation mark for the a— chemical in it? I have 2 that I bought there and I’m thinking of trashing them.

3 Likes

@authormichellehughes, I know the smell kept me from being to close to my parents. I think it messed me up mentally. I don’t think I was as close to them as a kid needs. That’s yet another reason I want this. when I see my grand lkids, I can be close to them.

3 Likes

@all,
I bought some streight pg. I was thinking of thinning the 30\70 to 50\50. I imaging that might be to thin for juice now. anyone have anything they would suggest?

3 Likes

sorry, watching a live show and chatting here and ordering new flavors LOL. I would hate to tell you what to use hon, I think that’s such a personal choice.

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes, lmao. Sorry. I don’t know about pg and vg. again, something I’m trying to learn about lol.

4 Likes

I’ve always used 30 vg/70 vg in sub ohm tanks although other’s probably do other stuff LOL and 50/50 in mouth to lung tanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Doug over time that will settle a little what I try not to do is have a massive spike then maintain - it works better for me to just maintain my nic levels. My sweet spot is 3mg salts at around 280w on a mech.

Over time you may find a level that works for you where you don’t get that big nic hit (and get a bit nictarded) and then drop to a lower-powered mod. If it keeps you from smoking it really doesnt matter how u do it just that it works

4 Likes

That one is a personal choice @Caped_Conspirathist
You might want to read this to get some idea:

3 Likes

I used to use 50/50 in a pen style vape with small atomisers - helps the juice flow through the smaller holes in those types of atomisers.

I used 50/50 in sub-ohm tanks bottom air flow tanks with premade atomisers - leaked - needed to be thicker @30/70 is probably good.

I now use a top air flow tank with pre-made atomisers with 40/60 - keeps the juice thin enough not to gunk the coils much.

It really depends on your tank…

3 Likes