Doug Has Questions

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 49 minutes before trying again.

Outta likes @anon84779643. ALL good info, and it dovetailed RIGHT into the value of SFT !!!

1 Like

@Caped_Conspirathist I don’t think the VooPoo poo poo was because of bad equipment, but more their shady marketing tactics, and generally piss poor attitude. I’ll wait and see if anyone adds to this.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer, see, i’m not gonna hear that in a youtube fucked up review! TY!!!

2 Likes

as a noob… an ego battery

with a kanger horizontal cartomizer

my first vape was this

download (2)

and I hated it… no way to change out flavors and the juice it came with sucked big time…

Now days… my wasp nano rda (dripper)

or the wasp nano tank

download

paired with the mvp5

my watts vary… from 22.5 up to 60 watts… my ohms are from .18 to .6…

3 Likes

@anon84779643, ok, off topic probably but what do you do if you have one that has to much flavor mix in? poor say, 20ml in it? If you do, how fast would you recommend working up the flavor??? I have like, 3 80mm bottles that are to high. I want to salvage them somehow. What would you do in that case? Can you do anything at all??? I really don’t want to toss 80ml of juice away. that’s a lot of money (and juice). Where do I start?

2 Likes

I really do not fix my mixes… I rarely use too much flavor, and in fact I am a very light mixer.

If I were to fix my mixes, it would depend on how well I know the flavor and how much I have over used and I know right now, this is not a working solution for your issue.

What I would try is cutting it in 1/4 increments.

for your next mix session… start low and find where you can “start” to taste… and then when you can actually taste your flavor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643, ok. I had a vuse… shitty… now I’m up to these two tanks. how long does the tank or RTA last? Are you constantly fidgeting with it or filling it? I just want simple at this point. staying off the smokes is important to me but I want something super fast and I’m not filling all the time. I might eventually get into RTA’s but I am hesitant to jump into the “deep end” lol.

2 Likes

first I recommend watching some videos about any particular tank you are looking at.
buying coils gets rather expensive real quick, so learning to make your own coils for your tank or dripper is really very much needed.

You can buy pre made coils rather cheep too, if you feel you can not build them. I understand a bit on what you are going thru… and I do suggest go buy a few packs of premade coils… :slight_smile:

as for my tanks… If I am not taste testing, I change out my cotton every 3-5 days… my coils I replace depending on what I am vaping. If it is sweet juices, then every 2 weeks. I do not dry burn them. If they look crusty… out they go. If it is just a plain juice I can go up to a month and a half before a coil change.

It all depends on your own tongue and how long you vape and what is in your juice for cotton and coil life. :slight_smile:

for looking at equipment… I recommend Zophie… she is cool :wink:

2 Likes

@anon84779643, the high nic content keeps me form hitting it to often. OMG do I get a buz if I do hit it a lot!!! I still don’t get higher vs lower watts? battery life? coil life? flavor? IDK. I have 2 tanks. one low watts, one high. I can interchange them because both my mods have lots of battery power (hey… I’m for torque not horsepower lmao. Now that subject I know!!!). So I have 2 great mods now. the Legend and the Valyrian…I use the smok king beast on the 3 battery unit… and the low watt on the 2 battery Legend. I like them both. The coils for the Horizontech. I like it too.

1 Like

Yes with 510 de-bridged attys.

2 Likes

@anon84779643, is she how you decide? You’ve had tanks for years. or do they fade out and you cant get parts or coils for them??? Now that sucks if my tank’s only gonna last 6 months and I can’t get coils for!!! This shit gets expensive and quick. I was told it’s cheaper than smokes over time. Well ok, saving a few penny’s isn’t to bad or spending a few more but DAAYUM!!! If it’s double the price??? Now, I can solder, rethread, put sleeves in… You name it, I’ll keep a mod running lmao. But not being able to get coils??? That’s fucked up! This isn’t a past time and I’m not planning on being a collector of units. I got lucky that I could rebuild the Legend. If the circuitry goes, I’m fucked so I order a board for it early. Just in case… But if they stop making coils… UGH!!!

2 Likes

I suggest to learn about ohm’s law… and here is a good site to play with it…

the lower the coil… ie: 1ohm vs .18ohm means your 1 ohm wont burn your batteries faster than the .18ohm will…

Read back over part of my post here

Flavors… in order to actually understand… I do things different. I let my own tongue help with that. When you start low and work up, your tongue will tell you how it likes a flavor. find a few flavors you like, try them solo and mark where you like each one at… then combine them and adjust… its not hard… :slight_smile:

I also recommend a back up mod and a back up for the back up… same with your tanks and drippers… I try to keep at least 4-5 mods that work… and I have a dripper collection… around 15 now… my tanks I have 6 good ones.

2 Likes

I really take care of my tanks, Doug… They do not leave the tables where I set them down in the house, and I have a pool noodle I customized for my car and work shop. I have a lot of hobbies. :slight_smile: so far in 11 yrs I have only broken one glass on a tank. That was my fault for dropping it on concrete.

Devices and tanks come and go so fast these days, its a throw away society we live in… not to mention, newer products means flavor and battery changes too. The progress I have seen, has been amazing on some, and others… just the same old. :slight_smile:

Most here have a few years of vaping… but I can say I know folks that vaped to stop cigs and then stopped vaping too… I have a dear friend of mine that checks in with me. He quit 3 yrs ago [vaping] and still does not vape or smoke. He had heart issues. He changed his living style, dropped 75 pounds and looks and feels better. He loves car racing and is doing just fine making more improvements every time we meet up.

me on the other hand… I vape for pleasure… not for nic. I have 3 weeks nic free now, solid… but I will always vape. I enjoy it… the added nic I did not need. I used it as a crutch… I no longer feel I need it. Others tho I know are still at the 18mg they have been at for 9+ yrs… it all depends on your own goals :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist I’ll tackle this one… they treat people in the industry like shit, stealing their designs…they treat their customers like shit, they were marketing to children at one point in a very clear and undeniable way, and the thing that pissed me off the most; they joined this forum and then had their employees create fake accounts to create false hype for their product, they got removed from the forum as a result…long story turned short, they are a bunch of voopoo poo-poo peddling shit pirates lol

1 Like

@anon84779643, sorry… I did know battery life… I’m getting tired. Resistance lowers\raises the life too. I’m also trying to keep up… and 'm screwing up by being in the wrong threads too. I’m trying to hard to fast. So sorry. Honest. It’s just you are all SUPER-SMART!!! I’m not using my brain for electrical things. I’m trying to absorb all the knowledge I can. @woftam… ga- head, ga- head… :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@anon84779643, @Fishaddict420 I’m at 18mg… My plan is to start dropping 1mg at a time. I don’t add a nic shot after the flavor is put in so that drops the nic level a pinch (I’ll have to do the math). I’m gonna quit. I have heart issues too. Had a stent put in a year ago. I’ll tell you this… I had to lose 30 lbs. I breathe a little better, my angina has just about gone away (using BP meds) and when I tried to smoke afer the stent, it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a bowling ball.

I can’t drop 6mg at a time. I figure 1mg though…

As for assholes that try to sell this stuff to kids… Ok… the Redneck southern boy is coming out of me… which one of y’all’s carryin the double odd??? All I got’s bird shot and that’s only good fer shootin him in the ass… shit… grabbed the wrong shells this mornin…

It’s all made in China… we’re letting it happen and that suuuuucccckkksss.

1 Like

I wish I knew how to say @all in a thread. should you use a flavor that has asc… oh hell I forget… one of the marked flavors? Or should I toss it in the trash and say, “oh shit… learning curve experience…”?

My guess is probably the learning curve one…
… and there’s no thread for a southern redneck… sucha shame really… yes… I went to college too. so I’m a southern college sorta educated redneck boy???

typical me, "ok, we have to bend the steel some (wait a minute, steel has 2 moduluses of elasticity. if we flex it to) FUCK IT!!! BEND THE MOTHERF…KER ALREADY WOULD YOU???

2 Likes

You are fine Doug… you might want to consider a merge for both your topics and rename it to Doug’s newbie questions or something like that… but no big screw up… at least for me… :slight_smile:

I dunno on that :wink:

the safest way I have found for not just me but other folks too, to lower nic… is by 2mg/3mg at a time. You must be ready for it, or you will find yourself going thru too much juice and licking drip tips and other odd things :stuck_out_tongue:

As for everything else… relax and enjoy the ride… :wink:

2 Likes

@all… I probably should watch my typ-anguage here. sorry

2 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist THAT Sir, is EXACTLY why most of us rebuild. Might seem intimidating at first, seemingly lots of shit to worry about, but it’s really not hard at all, and quite frankly the HARDEST PART, it just making the switch TO building your own, not actually DOING IT.

To this day, despite seeing all the fancy ass, mega multi-wire coils out there, I typically use simply single wire coils. Too easy to make, ultra cheap, and in my Steam Craves, they just blowass some flavor.

Flavor, Easy, Cheap, what more can you want.

4 Likes