Dovpo Odin Mini V2

I remember buying some bar magnets for a project I was working on and they all came stuck together with a very thin sheet of plastic between them so you could pull them apart. I’m going to check if I have any around and see if gluing a piece would make a difference.

The way I see it, the DIY aspect of this hobby of ours never ends. There’s always something new to learn.

2 Likes

Yes and who thought we’d find megatron magnets that won’t let us open our mods? Brother Bob said to be cautious handling magnets and linked me to a post about it. Tape was the easiest and most popular answer to this dilemma. You might have to add layers and your door will stick out but if you’re okay with that then so be it.

2 Likes

if the door wasn’t so smooth, it wouldn’t be a problem. The magnets aren’t that much stronger than say the Battlestar for example. The difference is there’s a nice grip point halfway down the side of the BS that makes it easy to pull apart. The Odin’s sides are rounded and very well machined to sit flush and it’s hard to get a grip.

2 Likes

Yea, i use neodymiums everyday. They usually alway ship with plastic washers between each one so they can be pulled apart.

Neodymiums are very weak so if you did want to remove them and they are glued in too strong to remove just a small tap with a hammer and screwdriver will crack them into pieces then you can get them out

3 Likes

I dont have one but from a egineering point adding a small rubber decal to each side will greatly amplify your pulling force . Another option is making a small indent on the lip of the metal but that may be a bit overkill

3 Likes

I tried that and they wouldn’t break!

1 Like

I was using a piece of leather latched around one of the battery vent openings to have a pull cord. It worked until one day it snapped.

2 Likes

@Lynda_Marie @TimWV have you noticed the two small screws on the sides of the OG Odin battery door? I just looked at them today and they were loose. I tightened them up and the door felt more solid. Idk if this will help with the weight of dual 21700s but it might be worth a try.

2 Likes

@muth hey thank you! As soon as I saw this post I checked and sure enough my screws were loose and so were the ones on my Odin! :crazy_face:
Seriously though, I did tighten them and it did seem to help!

2 Likes