Dovpo Odin Mini V2

I know there are at least two other ELR members experiencing the same problem with this mod. The battery door magnets are overly strong, we’ve had to use tools to pry them off.

I even consulted with a magnet expert and he said there is no real way to weaken a neodymium magnet, it has to be removed and replaced with a weaker one.

@Brotherbob I’m calling you in because you’re good with hardware. I’ve already tried prying them out and using acetone as a glue remover, etc. They won’t budge. Do you have any helpful solutions?

Anyone can jump in if they have experience with this unique (to me) issue.

3 Likes

You could put some tape over it to space the magnets making them weaker

4 Likes

Jeeze I wish that was the problem on the OG Odin. Those battery doors on the bottom are shady!

3 Likes

@Lynda_Marie Agreed x2! I have to watch how I sit mine down because if i slide it on the table just a little it will open!

1 Like

Have you tried contacting Dovpo about this issue?

2 Likes

Already tried that. Doesn’t help very much. The last time I tried pulling off the battery door I slammed my elbow against the wall. That was with the tape. I’ve never seen such a thing in all my mod life.

1 Like

@Lynda_Marie and @TimWV my OG Odin Mini battery door has never given me a problem. Surely there’s a quality control issue.

1 Like

Actually no I haven’t. Contacting the manufacturer is usually what I do and I will if I can’t fix it myself.

2 Likes

What I haven’t tried yet is applying heat. Supposedly, 176F and above will permanently weaken a neodymium magnet. I have a soldering iron and thought I could try it on the doors themselves, not the mod.

I was just hoping someone may have had the same experience and had some tips. I’ll let you all know if the heat works.

1 Like

You need to contact vaperz cloud muth. Hitt got his two replaced but did have to ship back the 2 he had problems with.

2 Likes

How about yours? Didn’t you have a problem too?
How are the new ones he got? Did they they test them first?

1 Like

Mine weren’t that bad and honestly my hands prefer the og 100s. Hitt said that the new magnets were much better.

1 Like

I kinda like the OG myself. I’m not used to the V2 screen delay.

1 Like

@muth I was talking about the Odin dual 21700 mod.
I also have an Odin mini and yes the magnets are super strong and it’s a bit of a chore to get the battery cover off, but not really a huge issue for me, I really like the mini so maybe that’s why it isn’t such a huge problem for me.

1 Like

I have the dual, too, but I haven’t had a batt door problem yet. Something to look forward to? Maybe it’s the weight of the batteries because the OG 100 doesn’t seem to have that problem.

1 Like

To say the least. I don’t want vaping to be a chore. It’s enough that I rewick constantly because I rotate 4 devices.

1 Like

@muth The door for me on the dual seems very easy to open accidentally, had those big batteries drop on my toe more than once lol :joy:

2 Likes

@Lostmarbles had super duper magnets on his Odin Mini v2 also. He said that the tape helped but Idk if it’s still helping. It didn’t for me, it’s like the magnets grew stronger! Btw, magnets can do things like that according to experts.

3 Likes

Haven’t used it in a couple of weeks since I got the Pulse V3, but yeah your idea worked. Electrical tape on both the body and door made it manageable but sometimes still difficult (mainly my hand’s nerve issues, I think). I might try again with another bit of tape on just the body or door and see what happens.

3 Likes

Yes, my hands suck, too. If they weren’t set into a pocket there was the possibility of weakening the glue and prying them off but you can’t get anything in there to pry. I tried the heat technique with a soldering iron and it did weaken it a bit but not enough (unless my iron is malfunctioning). You can also freeze magnets because extreme cold will also weaken. At least I know my freezer works. I’ll try that as a last resort to returning them. VaperzCloud asked me to make a video of me trying to get the doors off with my hands. Apparently, one person returned them and got a better one, as Letitia said above.

2 Likes