Downgrading Schmuck Alert!

I got haters now!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/ratings/606308

JoJo said this means I’ve officially arrived, yay!

8 Likes

In this new day and time of speed mixing, speed steeping and speed vaping, you can get an actual taste of a finished mix in 30 minutes or less.

And if you believe that I have some property I want to sell you.

That really sucks man. No way to make, steep and vape that fast, and get an actual account of what the finished mix will be like.

4 Likes

I was pretty happy with it after ~30 minute USC bath and some heavy shaking, but that was just a few drops on the dripper. I likely won’t touch it again (or rate it myself) for at least a week.

I’m really not that bothered. It was an adaptation, not an original, so I can’t take it personally. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Patience is a lost virtue…crazy

4 Likes

Well I tried to even it out a little for you.

1 Like

I forgot to rate this after I let it steep and finished it off in a day.
Love this stuff!

2 Likes

…and it looks like KizPDX has joined team “Ta-ra-ra Goon-de-ay” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Moon Butter is so good. Who you gonna believe…me or a dog?

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I love dogs but at the end of the day, I wouldn’t take advice from one.

3 Likes

Looks like Bulldawg166 hit the exit. Gone, disappeared, left the premises…He probably just changed user names…Now if a new schmuck starts a pattern, it may be him…

1 Like

i have spoken of this many times…the example i use:
kids these days dont know the meaning of writing a letter, putting it in an envelope, sticking a stamp on it and sending it off…THEN, waiting for a response in the mail, that could take weeks or months. a LOT of patience was lost when the value of stamped letters was lost…ya get me?

8 Likes

That is for damn sure…sad really.

1 Like

Is there any way to set it up so that anyone leaving a 1 possibly even a 2 has to enter their reasoning behind it and then someone from admin either approves or denies it? Something like “looks like a stupid thing to vape” would then not have that rating applied to it…

1 Like

How about an option to disallow ratings until a set time - chosen by the recipe creator? Obviously this should be the suggested steep time, but maybe a slider that we can adjust?

1 Like

Stealthy Downgrading or system error? I posted this yesterday with a note for a 30 day steep.

1 Like

Strange?? I’ve never seen that one

1 Like

The score on the list page is not live - it looks like someone rated it, then thought better of it - but the score was already calculated. Give it some time and it should show correctly once again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing recipes near the top get downgraded just to get Rhondonite back on top? It’s the only explanation. Every time a recipe passes it that recipe gets downgraded by some new account with no shared recipes and very minimal activity. I wish it was setup so you can’t rate for 30 days after opening an account. Most juices take that long anyway to mature. This guy just joined 8 hours ago…
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/user/ratings/60879

It would be very interesting to see IP addresses of those downgrading good recipes. I bet there are multiple accounts setup on some IP addresses. I also think users should be active before being able to rate as well. And or a comment made before rating. I know. No big deal. But its rather childish and contradicts the very mature attitude that is abundant on this forum. I feel like we are on reddit sometimes when trying to look at ratings and comments.

5 Likes

Tbh, I’m skeptical of a lot of the top recipes here. Some of them are really nothing special, yet have tonnes of votes. I can only assume some whored them around a lot, social media etc … to get people to vote. When I look through the top page of recipes I see way too many strawberry milk types … plain Jane recipes. The one at top now, the Mother’s unicorn milk … is very close to something I threw together with my first few ingredients before even finding this site

4 Likes

A click-and-run rating system seems like a bad idea. There is no transparency and can be easily abused.

Many rating systems do not allow a rating without a comment to defend it, and the rating is directly tied to the user and the comment. That would provide both transparency and accountability to the system.

2 Likes