"Drowning" feeling when vaping

Whenever I did use FA WP I always used it low, about 0.50% to 0.25% with another peach. INW Peach was my goto for awhile but like to change things up and started using WF Peach Gummy and CAP Juicy Peach.

I was vaping your recipe today but just like your notes it seems like it needs a little more time. I enjoyed the flavor profile but it did have a little bite to it, not enough to make me cough though. I am going to let it sit for a couple more days before revisiting.

Have you ever tried sour in that mix instead of the lemon? I have no idea if that would help but sour is said to make fruits pop and has worked for me in the past. I don’t think I have ever tried it with peach though, may try that in the future just for science and all.

5 Likes

I have not :thinking: I don’t have any sour but I have a sweet tart…?

2 Likes

So I haven’t read thru all the subsequent replies (my ADHD gets in the way) but have we gained some ground on his issue, or is everyone still on a mission?

5 Likes

Yes, TZ, I have a few ideas to try, thanks to everyone who have posted. I appreciate you checking in! I’ll let y’all know when we have a verdict. :blush: I’ll pick up some DW when I next go to Walmart and give that a try. He wants to give the zero nic a try, first, for sure. And I’ll mix up the Peach Gummy Candy mix after we’ve tried the other suggestions. I’d REALLY prefer to keep my mix the same but if I need to, I’ll switch some things around, one at a time until we can figure it out.

Again, everyone’s suggestions and advice are all appreciated! Thanks guys!

9 Likes

I haven’t read through the whole thread, so forgive me if I’m repeating anyone (or contradicting anyone lol). Make sure that the airflow of whatever he’s using is sufficient for his needs. I’ve noticed a gasping (or possibly what you could call a “drowning”) feeling when I’m using devices that are too restrictive, it’s very unpleasant. I’m a dl girl, so I need to be able to take a strong, open draw directly to my lungs. Try to base it off if whether he smokes cigarettes mtl or dl (since different people can go either way). In general, I think if he’s used to mtl style, his vape should be MORE restricted. If he’s used to dl, it should be LESS restricted. (This is my experience anyway…) It might not be so much the flavors or ratios of pg/vg as much as it is the delivery. Anyway, that’s my 2 cents. Good luck!!

7 Likes

It could come down to where you are buying niv pg and vg from. I have bought vg from a different supplier as my main one was out of it and every recipe i mixed was harsh and caused indigestion. I thought it was my nic at first so bought new nic and had same issue. Ordered a new pg from somewhere else and same issue. Finally got new 5l of vg and there it was no problem. The vg was just bad. It could easily come down to something in one of the 3 mentioned could be a issue. Just something to consider

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply. The device he’s using is pretty flowy for air. It’s a DL type with an adjustable airflow. He usually keeps it wide open.

I appreciate the suggestion. It’s the same stuff in mine and it doesn’t bother me at all. I have some VG from Bull City, before they went all OOS and PG from LNW, before they went B2B only.

5 Likes

What doesnt bother you doesnt mean it wont bother him. Just saying. I use the other vg for my bud as it doesn’t do the same to him as it does to me. Some juices i mix up my partner has issues that i don’t. She has her own nicotine because the one i use irritates her when i mix it in her juices. When i was in the states i only got my nic from LNW. Never cared for their vg or pg. nothing is manufactured equally

5 Likes

Without reading the other posts, I’ve had people explain this feeling to me and I felt it too… For me at least it was just the fact that all that tar was loosening up in my system and after a few days of it I was horking up all sorts of brown phlegm and brown boogers and eventually it started feeling a little more normal as foreign as inhaling stuff is… I have respiratory problems as it is, that improved little by little but not fully with vaping, the one thing that made me feel uneasy was nic salts, so if that’s what you’re using probably best to find the right kind (there’s different types of acids used) and try to lower the nicotine amount… That’s just from my experience though.

6 Likes

Okay, so far, I mixed up one each with:

DW in place of PG but everything else the same.
Zero nic and DW.
VG 5 mg nic and DW.
No white peach, no nic, and DW.
No white peach, 5mg VG nic, and DW.

So far, I think the PG and the WP are the culprits. Still coughs but not as bad with the recipe remaining the same but no or low nic and DW. Lose the WP and the cough and heavy, drowning feeling has faded to near nonexistent.

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate all of you!! :blush:

Edit: I mixed the original recipe @ 5 mg with DW… success! It was the PG and too high nic!

10 Likes

So glad you found a solution!

8 Likes