Dry Feeling

Okay so…
I feel like I did when my workplace announced that they were getting rid of the smoking section at work. The smoking section of course being a 5 gallon bucket of sand, literally BEHIND the DUMPSTER where garbage goes, and because it is a sports training facility we could no longer smoke. Bear with me here.
I’m sort of a rule follower, rule bender yes, but I try to follow rules.
So I panicked and bought one of those gas station disposable ecig things and eventually found some flavors I liked in these 7 dollars for three days sticks with nic salts etc.
Fast forward to now, and I don’t desire analog combustible and I own a bunch of mods and tanks and haven’t smoked in about 6 months, and I own 120 flavors and mix my own juice.
And here’s my point!
I’m glad they made me quit!
Sorry about the long story but I have come to realize that the reason I have made so many stinkers is because I’m going by the picture and flavor name on the bottle, and that has nothing to do with the taste on my tongue. (Yes, I’ve read reviews, suggested single flavor percentages, and I’ve tried to be smart but for the comedic value I like to sound super dumb).
So, I will blow through my vg and 15 ml bottles and create a crap load of SFTs.
Its going to be a boring night. But probably better than creating “Almond Christmas cookie with caramel” and waiting a month and after trying it, wondering what the hell I was thinking.
So… I’m going to be glad you experienced mixers nagged me about SFTs.
And then order more bottles.
DAMMIT!

2 Likes

Suomynona, thank you.
Ill try to enjoy it.

1 Like

Nothing to say you cant get you sf tests and mix em together after you have vaped or tasted the sf - it may give you a great idea for a mix

3 Likes

That is one of the basic necessities … if you don’t have enough of them, it’s always a choice between your favorite recipes or SFTs, and if you’re like most, you like to switch juices a couple times a day.
Having enough bottles allows you to keep vaping your valued recipes and still have the opportunity to mix your flavors at different %.

Don’t feel forced to do it. Plenty people just create recipes from other people and like it that way. You on the other hand are a chef and I’m sure you want to create your own. Knowing your ingredients will eventually make it much easier for you to do so.
If you start seeing it more as a discovery than a task, it may change your perception of it just like it did with me.

2 Likes

Yes.
And after many years of cooking and creating recipes, food recipes, I know exactly what ingredients do to a dish. I can create incredible dishes I don’t even know because I understand flavors, of food, and only taste recipes when they are 80 percent done, to tweak them.
So if I want to be as proficient at mixing e-liquid as I am at food, I’m going to need to know what is in my cabinet.
And I will.
Then ill kick all your asses!
Not really.
Thank you for the help!

4 Likes

Good deal… it’s easier using 10ml and a good set of scales… lots of notes!! Lots of ranges with those solos…

I do mine like:

1 drop = ?
(mine are normally .02g)

I run my “drops” from .04g up to .35g

I take notes on which bottle I grab… things like no I taste nothing here, or omg what was I thinking using this so high? What will go with the flavor, and what won’t… and I do this every month or 2, as people’s tastes change… Im in the middle of a change now… go me…

sure, boring… but sometimes going back to basics can make newer recipes more appealing when you say yes… I found the right spot for this flavor here… :wink:

Use your big boy dripper! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes that’s what I have started believing. Most of the times when I am mixing different flavors i don’t even know how each one tastes and i go ahead opening bottles and smelling them which is definitely not the best way to test as I need to know how each flavour’s “burnt smoke” will have a feel in my throat and some will be judged by taste buds.

. . . And i have some more confusions regarding that. i will ask in another post

2 Likes

I am sure you will! I for one am a little jealous of those of you with those backgrounds. It does put you ahead of the game.

1 Like

Look at my avatar… :rofl: bloody right u r!:rofl:

3 Likes