Dry hit ruining a stock coil

can a dry hit ruin a stock coil?

It can yes.

Because it can burn the wicking material that’s used.

CMJ

2 Likes

Yes, it is possible though usually it does not completely ruin it. Sure will shorten it’s life. Usually it will taste kinda bad for a little bit and go away…

3 Likes

if it olny happed once or twice it probably singed the cotton… on what type of coil did it happen…?

1 Like

I did this to a stock coil on my Nautilus once REALLY bad because like a dumbass I switched my crown out for my naut on my mod but forgot to drop the watts down from 80 to 12 and took a huge pull!!

Besides the fact it felt like I took a huge bong hit of burning garbage, my coil was fine after a few normal hits

5 Likes

done that myself but my coil never recovered. That was when I decided to try and rebuild the Nautilus coil. Then THAT was when I decided it was far easier to reorder the Nautilus coil.

4 Likes

This made me bust out laughing for the whole office to hear. Sorry this happened but phrasing the way you did… awesome.

3 Likes

Usually you make stupid mistakes after the bong hit :grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah like not hang out inside garbage cans :confounded:

4 Likes

haha I thought the same thing…

that new silo beast i got…i hit it last night when i got up to pee and i guess i fell asleep with it in my hand and the rest is easy to figure out, lol

1 Like

did it recover?

i just went down the road and bought another coil…it had a burnt taste that just wouldnt quit, so i gave up on it…
of course, that wasnt until after i tried the other coil in the package, a 1.25 coil, which just wasnt happening, lol

1 Like

Had a 70’s flashback with that comment lol

2 Likes

Yeah, IT was pretty much garbage in the 70s lol :wink:

1 Like

It was all a blur… lol
I think I attended high school, either that or it was some sort of correctional center…

2 Likes

lol I was REFERing to what was in the bong in the 70s…

Did ya see what I did there? huh? huh? :wink:

1 Like