"Dry" juice

Everyones favorite strawberry, vanilla custard. But unfortunately this does not come with a bottle dripper.You may need a 10ml needle bottle to use with this unless you already have something else you can use like a bottle dripper. Available in 30ml, 120ml.

1 Like

This is a topic that I have a lot of questions about and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I talked with a local b&m store owner that makes there own e-liquid and does not sell anyone elseā€™s. He told me that saline is added to almost all commercial tobacco flavor e-liquid on the market today because it helps recent smokers clear there lungs and sinusā€™s of the pollutants left behind from tobacco use. He told me it also helps hydrate your throat and sinusā€™s if you suffer from seasonal allergies. It has been my experience with commercial e-liquid that I get a much wetter feeling vape than I am getting from my diy liquids. I am new at this and currently only have 2 mixes that I am using until I can get more flavors ordered. So the big question I have is could saline be the missing ingredient that gives you the wetter feeling vape.

Part 2
I was also told by a different b&m store owner that only sells commercial liquids to NEVER use saline solution,distilled water or water of any kind to thin e-liquid down as it can cause pneumonia over time.

I can tell you this, while using commercial liquid for over 4 months ( mostly tobacco or cinnamon flavors) my throat and sinusā€™s did feel better than they do after using my own mix only now for the past 3 weeks.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe this is true. You breathe water vapor all the time, sometimes more than other times, such as when you shower etc. 2-5% distilled water in an e-liquid is not going to cause pneumonia. The only valid concert with e-liquids and (lipid) pneumonia, is with essential oils, and that risk is fairly low as well, as far as I understand. Though of course you should avoid flavorings with essential oils if at all possible.

4 Likes

that is the way I thought about the water-distilled water issue as I use inhaled medicine as well that is water based just wanted others opinions on this before using thanks

3 Likes

Yeah, I call BS on saline or water causing pneumonia. I snort saline to clear my sinuses, and Iā€™m sure some of it gets inhaled. Iā€™m not dead yet. LoL Like @daath said, it is oils you have to be careful with. You typically donā€™t want to use anything that has oil in it anyway, as it can wreck your coils.

Iā€™d say, try something like 10ml of one of the mixes you think are dry with saline and 10 ml with DW and make your own decision about what is best for you. Iā€™ve never added water, saline, or PGA, but Iā€™m not totally opposed either. I might try saline once I can rebuild coils easier than the protank ones so that if it gunks up quickly it isnā€™t such a huge pain to change. I have plans to try PGA or DW, but I donā€™t think itā€™ll be the type of thing Iā€™ll do all the time or that is really necessary.

As far as allergies and sinuses, get a neti pot and drink lots of water. :wink: I highly doubt anything in an e-liquid is going to help or hurt a whole lot either way unless youā€™re allergic to something in the liquid.

6 Likes

Thanks for all your advice, I picked up both DW and the proper saline solution tonight while in town and will let everyone know how it turns out. The coil gunk would not be a real problem as I mostly use drippers and a lemo RBA and I change my wicks every day anyway. I would not really consider the juice I have mixed up now real dry it just does not seem as wet as the commercial juice I was using. I do .8 to 1.2 ohm twisted 28g kanthal single coil builds on them all and I use a sigeli 150 watt mod for the battery life but never run anything over 25 to 35 wattsā€¦ I also have the first version atlantis tank but I now use the version 2ā€¦ 0.5 ohm coils in that. My son on the other hand runs his dripper with a 0.1 ohm or lower dual coil build on a mech mod. He likes the flavors I have made right now in my atlantis tank but said on his dripper they seem very dry to his throat.

I tend to believe that nothing can possibly be as bad for me as the cigs I sucked on for the past 46 years. I also know that in the short time ( now at 5 months) I have been off of them I do feel much better.

3 Likes

Sweet Blueberries mixed to perfection with lush, creamy custard. An amazing vape at any temperature!

Pneumonia is only secondary from the aspiration of the contaminate coming into your lungs such as accidentally " went down the wrong tube " practically everyone has had this happen. Most ppl are able to cough through it and clear their lungs. The small majority that get pneumonia from aspiration are sicker in general weaker lungs COPD a chronic lung disease these types of ppl are more subceptable to lung infections.

The only thought I have with saline is the coils and the salt content. Because a large majority of inhalants ( nebulizers, inhalers Vicks vaporizers) have some sort of PG/ saline involved in them.

So oil not being water soluble it is more of the risk due to this .

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay but this is what I have found so far. In every mix I have done so far I have tested DW at .5% to 2.5% and my results are the vape is much smoother and has the wetter feel that I was missing from the commercial juice. I have found that anything over 2% involves to much popping and crackling for me. What I am now using is 1% to 2% DW in all depending on how much PG is in the mix from the flavorings and rather I am mixing for use in a tank or a dripper. I have found no reduction in flavor to speak of. I only mix MAX VG so the only PG is from the flavoring.

My style of vaping is much different than my sons and we both agree the DW is a must have in the mix. My son is a cloud chaser using a super low ohm dripper so I do his mix at 1% DW. I like tanks more than drippers and now use only the LEMO tank for my all day use and I am now adding 2% DW to all of my mix for tanks.

After starting to do my own juice I got a frog in my throat that would not go away but since adding DW it has now went away. I figure the only reason for that is the DW in the mix as I noticed the improvement in my throat on the first day using DW.

I have not started testing the saline yet but I will come let everyone know how that turns out as well.

Thanks all for your suggestions

3 Likes

Have you ever tried to add salted caramel?

I actually just recently got salted caramel by FW and the stuff is awesome. I think I prefer it to the caramel candy I was using before. I added some to the PB Banana Cookie that has become my first ADV and it was yummy. Itā€™s still not salty in the way I think when I think salted caramel, but it definitely has that same kind of flavor.

Good to know. I have recently ordered caramel candy, still waiting for it to get in but Iā€™ve never tried the salted caramel. Will certainly include that in my next order. I know, I said I wouldnā€™t order anymore but I have already sinned about 6 times since and 7 is a lucky number :innocent:

Ps just tried some of that Tigerā€™s Blood I made yesterday, meh plasticky. Donā€™t know if its because of the watermelon, will have to try it on its own. Maybe a little steeping will make it better, fingers crossed.

Talking about saline, I was just sprinkling some salt on my roast potatoes and the lid fell off :rage:

1 Like

One day isnā€™t quite enough time to form an opinion on a juice. I steep test batches longer then that. Donā€™t give up on it yetā€¦ set it aside for a couple weeks minimum and try it again.

1 Like

Tigarā€™s blood is usually a 2-3 day breathe and steep time. The coconut needs time.

I wonā€™t. I know it needs longer but I always try a little shake and vape. I have a few juices that took a few months to really get a good flavour. I donā€™t give up that easy.

Saline is in tons of respiratory breathing treatmentsā€¦ so um huh?

@wvsanta was saying that a brick and mortar vape shop told him not to use saline or distilled water in his mixes because it could cause pneumonia. I said that was likely bull.

1 Like

Amy let me tell you COPD as aspiration SUCK ā€¦ nothing to add to the discussion but I began having panic attacks because of that issue. Thankfully it hasnā€™t happened since I quit smoking

1 Like

@JoJo If you make saline do not use table salt some of it contains iodine, use sea salt.

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™m a day later or rather six month late, I never even looked at when jojo posted the message

1 Like