Dull strawberry

Why I’m telling you this. Go to the recipe side. Pick out recipes you think you will like to vape. Follow someone that has your tastes. Buy only flavors in those recipes you like.
It takes time if you got a life. Get to know the flavors you own. Buy only 10mm bottles of flavors till you figure out what you like or hate. Ask questions. There are no dumb questions.
Learn to walk before you run. We have all gone through the frustration you are going through.

11 Likes

Well said mange!

8 Likes

I had some success using Strawberry Milk (SC)(WF) as a base. I use Sweet Strawberry RF (Cap) to boost the strawberry. I use low wattage MTL and have cr*p taste buds though, so results may vary for you…

7 Likes

Great response @rcleven.

6 Likes

I have to agree with you on this the 4% yogurt and 1.5 malted milk are most likely muting the strawberries. I’d cut the yogurt to 2% malted milk to .5 and up the Bavarian to 1. The strawberries are ok because they will fade slightly as it steeps.

6 Likes

That makes sense. I have been doing so, looked at recipes on both ELR and ATF and looked at the highest rated ones. They do seem to be on the older side and I’m not sure if that’s always a good thing.

I’ve already chosen a few recipes and purchased those particular ingredients. I have also tried my own by combining simple profiles (one or two fruit flavours with some ws-23 and supersweet) to a fair degree of success.

I’m always keen to learn so I’ll keep asking for advice and keep an open mind. Thank you @rcleven

6 Likes

Thank you @McDuckie for the advice. I’ll give it a try on a 25ml batch.

5 Likes

Hi there guys and gals.

So I tried something today (I was spitballing). I looked at my flavour stash and decided to try make my own sort of milk base. I’m going to let it sit for a couple of days and thought I’d get your opinion.

FA Cream fresh @1%
LB vanilla ice cream @2%
FA meringue @0.5%

Can I get some input from you guys on how far off I am?

5 Likes

@SkinnyboyDre I truly WISH there was a “stone” or “base” that appealed to, or worked for EVERY user, but there isn’t. I have tested/tried/vaped more flavors/on-shots/commercial mixes than I can admit to, and many WERE billed as the “Best of best” for THIS, THAT, and the OTHER THING, and/or had stacks of 5/5 star reviews. When I tested them however, hehe, that was NOT THE CASE for me.

That looks like a great creamy-ish stone/base, but will it be what YOU need ?? You’ll have to tell us. How about this, let it steep, then test it, just as a base/solo, and post up what YOUR thoughts are.

7 Likes

Looks like a good Ice Cream base…Yiu can turn the LB up if its not working for you.

The big thing is going to be what you do with your strawberries now. This Base looks good but can still be too much for the SB you want to use.

Advice- Find the SBs you want to use and make sure they are vibrant and can stand up against this cream base. Strawberries take a few days to pop for me . I always wait a minimum of 3 days b4 i judge a SB mix . Your cream base is 3.5pct so if your using standard strength SBs you are going to want to pair them and try to be at 7 to 10pct with them . I know i said dont worry about total flavor pct but I do try to keep my SB and Cream ratio at 75/25 75pct SB and 25pct cream . This ratio is only used with the regular SBs like Ripe , Sweet and so on. Also use sweetener , its a god send in SB and Cream mixes.

7 Likes

Thank you @fidalgo_vapes.

The strawberries I’d like to use is the CAP sweet sb and the TPA strawberry ripe, and I was thinking around at 6% and 3% respectively. Looking at recipes online that seems to be a good ratio and percentage as the front note?

Added : I’m not wanting/expecting a overly strong SB note for a strawberry milk as I usually mix the beverage to a lighter pink note rather than a deep pink. (Hope you get what I mean here).

Also, I usually add around .5% - 1% supersweet to my mixes. Lower range on less sweet ingredients and obviously adjust that on the ones that are less sweet. 1% is more reserved for very tart fruits like some peaches, apples, berries etc.

As a side note : I also have cotton candy on my next shopping list as I’ve read this can make fruits and main notes pop a little?

6 Likes

Sounds good …I use toike to put the sweet higher than ripe sometimes as well

4 Likes

NOOOOOO lol , Cc is Ethyl Maltol , Strawberry Ripe and many other flavirs have EM already in them so adding more will mute .

Be Careful with the Cotton Candy

7 Likes

Too true Fiddy (but we know we think alike)
And Malted milk! it’s a lesser known but a muter as well, then add more EM, Malted Milk, Bavarian Cream (malty) and you’ve just served yourself a muter for overflavoring without even knowing, we have to add the compounds as well.

Check on the below list EM and Maltol and add them together, I know SB is TPA’s, but CAP will not be that far off:

Strawberry
Perfumer’s Apprentice (perfumersapprentice.com)
Bavarian Cream
Malted Milk

To that, add a fight with creams and you’ve got food for your thoughts.
Solutions? Plan and test, only way out, just remember that SB has already got EM and maltol inside on 90% of the flavours you’ll find out there.

7 Likes

Noted! Thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look at the above links and do more research. Seems like the malted milk is the culprit. I’ll steer clear of that base/stone then and look at creating my own. Thank you all so much for the input, advice and guidance. You guys rock!

4 Likes

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, many always mix this up for TFA. Plain Strawberry has EM. Strawberry Ripe is just Maltol. And yes, I double checked before posting :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Ahhh ty very much

5 Likes

Hi all… So here’s an update

It has now been 20 days since I mixed the Strawberry quick and it seems like the SB is starting to come through. Not as much as I anticipated when I first mixed it, but it does seem like there’s a little bit more vibrancy from it.

8 Likes

Is the milk base one that comes from a strawberry based recipe?

Reason I ask is that I’m finding, as has been said here by Psyche that malts are just murdering strawberry flavours for me. Any milkshake base concentrates also do the same. Just for strawberries, no problem with any other fruit or anything else, just strawberry.

5 Likes