Duomei Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Thank you for doing the work for us! What are you suggesting by “and a couple are ???”. ???=yuck? ???=interesting? ???=don’t know what to think yet?

4 Likes

He can’t taste them because he’s on the rye and smoking cigarettes

4 Likes

Don’t know what to think yet, BUT, it’s VERY possible because they’re SOO concentrated in the bottles, that it could be warping them. Once diluted to a much more normal range,they may settle out.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the results of your testing. I was just wondering what your first initial thoughts were of the “and a couple are ???”. I need to learn patience, lol. I’m trying so hard to curb my OCD and not rush out and buy new flavors. I hope you will, in addition to your regular notes, also provide insight whether these new flavors are better than, worse than or comparable to MF flavors so I can at least decide which is the better flavor to buy at the prices, since the shipping costs from Duomei will not be cheap. Thanks D-man.

3 Likes

Did you get free shipping to the USA

3 Likes

@KC111 Because the flavors are very strong, it can be hard sometimes, to get an accurate REAL DEAL of them, while in their original bottles, as they are (DUH), full strength. Some you can, some you can’t. The couple I mentioned I flagged as very strong, and keep an eye on LOL. I didn’t really get into it more than that, as I had what, 23 to mix up I think ?

5 Likes

Not blaming the company and considering the time of year I suppose I have to give Australia Post a break too but I’ve not received mine yet.
Hopefully tomorrow.

5 Likes

My four Duomei flavours arrived today and after smelling them the Luzon Mango nearly took my head off!
It really smells strong

6 Likes

Congrats @Gazza7. Same here, HELLA STRONG, especially with some of them.

5 Likes

Looking forward to hearing feedback on these especially the mango flavors. Do they ship to the US?

3 Likes

Yes they do :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Me too, and yes they do @JABS .

3 Likes

I am dying in anticipation here. Lol :joy:

6 Likes

Fire it UP @Chrispdx !!!

Banana (Duomei) 0.4%/0.8% (1-3-23) – FIRST of these new flavors on deck, and IN the tester !!! I wanted to make sure to give them a solid 2 week steep as many of them smelled HELLA strong. I tested the Banana at both 0.4% and 0.8%, as it imparted no fear in me at the lower weight. At BOTH weights, this one presented as a very natural yellow, and almost “mushy” banana. I typically prefer a “Lean to the Green”, at least when eating them, and this one stayed fairly OUT of the “green” realm. It was ripe/ripened, BUT, just short of being OVER ripe. I had almost thought it has aspects of a Flambe, BUT that wasn’t entirely accurate, as there weren’t any butter, sugar, or flaming liquor notes present. It was almost like a perfectly ripened banana was heated up in a pan, smoothing it, and almost caramelizing it JUST a bit to give you a sense. It tasted super delicious at both testing weights, and it did NOT double in strength when going from 0.4% to 0.8%. It’s strength increased somewhat, but not linearly, so probably a 0.65%-0.8% weight would be fine. Natural, yellow, and mushy were the three things that stuck with me throughout the entire test. No off notes, and VERY impressed for this, the first in this series. Sweetness was just below mid level, and there was an almost “creamy” aspect to it, BUT, it was NOT a nana cream to be clear. All in, a great first showing from Duomei with this one, and as long as you didn’t need a “green-ish” nana, this one will push your ripened yellow banana boundaries. 9.8/10.

15 Likes

Can’t wait to hear how they compare to MF’s, IF they are even comparable.

3 Likes

I have been asking VT to make a mushy banana since they opened up and I tried the banana custard. I wanted a banana custard without the custard. This is getting mixed as soon as I finish my other experiments.

6 Likes

So you just want a Banana standalone then? What about Shisha Banana?

2 Likes

I have 28 bananas but not the flavour I want. I want the banana similar to that of Vt banana custard without the custard sort of like a mushy natural banana.

7 Likes

Understand, what is your opinion of Molinberry Banana? BTW, I am not a custard gal, but your Yellow Matter is delicious!!

2 Likes

MB Soft banana is pretty good but not exactly what I am looking for. Still quite enjoyable.

4 Likes