Duomei Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

I purchase a bit from Liquid DIY and when I saw this range come out I was excited something new to try. So far I have
Caramel
Chocolate
Chocolate Hazelnut
Cream Vanilla
Fresh Strawberry
Lemon Lime Sprite
Milk
Soda Ice Cream
Sweet Orange
Vanilla
White Chocolate
I definitely will start off low as you have suggested. I will be ordering more soon especially the grape. Thanks again for your help. K&M

7 Likes

Chocolate Hazelnut (Duomei) 0.4%/0.8% (1-6-23) – FRESH off the heels of the Duomei Chocolate test, I got to directly compare THIS one. The chocolate notes in this one were identical (duh) to the above tested Chocolate, but with some minor differences. The hazelnut was present in this one, BUT, it was very light for my tastes, and sometimes hard to notice. Testing this at both 0.4%, and 0.8% yielded about the same results, with some minor muting (or softening) at the higher weight. Nothing off-putting, or out of place, but it was like the Hazelnut’s effect could be tasted, more than tasting the Hazelnut itself ?? Confused ?? Good, me too. It was like by adding it to the chocolate, it slightly sweetened, softened, and creamed up the chocolate a bit, so again, it didn’t scream hazelnut, but presented as almost more of a “tempered” chocolate. Not bad by any means, and at just below mid level sweet it wasn’t fatiguing, but throughout both testers, I just wanted some more hazelnut. It felt fair to place this at a 7.0/10.

13 Likes

Thanks for this! These aren’t available anywhere for us I’m assuming? Just your description of the caramel makes me wants to get some! Looking forward to the rest!

4 Likes

Duomei have been one of the hardest flavors to source…They have a minimum order quantity that makes it impossible for a diy mixer to buy direct, not sure if its still the same . The fact that @Liquid_DIY stocked them is amazing. A couple years ago someine cam here to sell their entire flavor collection . I wanted it so bad bc the Duomei entire range was included.

7 Likes

Who said that? Every soul here is on the same level. No low, no high! Course that’s not counting the plethora of personality disorders some of us have. :nerd_face:

8 Likes

@Lynda_Marie

3 Likes

I’ve got THREE !!!

5 Likes

You proved my point for me. You can joke about yourself and we can laugh with/at you. Same for my comment.

5 Likes

Coconut (Duomei) 0.4% (1-7-23) – I took a little extra time with this one, and did not increase the testing weight from my original 0.4%, as it felt perfectly situated, right there. This one was hard to nail down as exactly WHICH type of Coconut it was, and it was an interesting search, even if I couldn’t fully nail it down. I think what made it so hard to nail down, was it was almost a medley of different coconuts, including a coconut flake, coconut milk, and a cream of coconut. There you go, that’s it people !!! The negatives that I’ve gotten from other coco’s that I was on the lookout for were the typical dry/astringent, oily/greasy notes that some of the NOT so good coco’s have, and this one had NONE of them, AND, no suntan lotion here either. It was about mid level sweet, and fully present at the testing weight, and I didn’t find the need to increase, or decrease the strength. Not oily, or greasy, and it had just a little “twang” on the finish, and that added to the experience, and authenticity of it. Despite being mid level sweet, it was NOT a candied coconut, which was great, as that would open up it’s uses. I’d give it a 50/50 natural/artificial split, and that seemed to really work. It was JUST rich, creamy, and sweet enough, but without having too much of any. I looked hard across two testers trying to find faults/gaps and could not. Your coconut needs/tastes could be different than mine, but this one really bridged the gap and combined three different types of coconuts, in one package. I could see this being a workhorse in coconut creams, custards, etc. The only possible take off COULD be the slight “twang” at the finish, but IMO, it added to the complexity, and authenticity. Felt great @ a 9.3/10.

11 Likes

Cream Vanilla (Duomei) 0.4%/0.8%/1.0% (1-7-23) – I love Vanillas and Creams, so I ALWAYS sign up to test them. This one presented lighter than some of the other Duomei flavors, so I decided to test @ 0.4%, 0.8%, and 1.0%. At the lowest weight it presented as a nice (duh), Vanilla Cream. The vanilla wasn’t spicy, and was almost similar to FA’s Classic Vanilla (Madagascar), which by nature has great creamy undertones. It was fairly relaxed, and neither the vanilla or cream/creamy-ness dominated, so it was a very even pairing of the two. Increasing to 0.8% seemed to really allow it to open up to it’s fullest potential, and pushing to 1.0% had minor signs of curling, so that seemed to be PAST it’s comfortable limit. I kind of like when I actually have the time to more fully flush out flavors across multiple weights, which I don’t always have the time to do. I think solo’d the sweet spot for this one would be at about 0.65%-0.80%, and clearly you could go lower if simple support was the only need. The cream/creamy elements were always present, but without any in your face cream, dairy, or milk notes, meaning the overall mouthfeel and effect was greater than any distinct TASTING nuances. Was is similar to INW Shisha Vanilla ?? Kind of, but quite a bit creamier, and the vanilla notes were more subtle. I could see TONS of uses for this one, from the obvious creams, custards, to pancakes, deserts, and more, so if you pick this up, you’ll get a lot of use out of it. Nothing off-putting, and only minor curling (where the saturation starts to fold over on itself), at the 1.0% level. Below that, it was smooth, creamy, vanilla sailing, all day long. Because both the vanilla and creamy elements were fairly neutral, pushing/pulling in any direction would be easy, and I could even see this working well with some berries. It was just ALMOST great enough, and complex enough to excite as a solo one-shot-ish, but felt JUST shy of that. Cream Vanilla, Creamy Vanilla, Vanilla Cream ?? ALL of the above. With only minor issues when pushed past it’s top usage, I couldn’t find any faults with it. I think I’ll add this one to the “If you pick up some Duomei’s add this one to your list” list. Deliciously placing this @ 9.6/10 for doing exactly what it was supposed to do.

16 Likes

Probably more AT than WITH!

6 Likes

Fresh Strawberry (Duomei) 0.5%/1.0% (1-7-23) – This, the Fresh Strawberry proved once again, that Duomei really knows how to make artificial flavors that DON"T taste artificial. I started testing this one @ 0.5% and it landed squarely AS a Fresh Strawberry, which was nice and red, somewhat juicy, and had all of the telltale fresh and tart notes. It felt somewhat relaxed, so I doubled it to 1.0%, and now it seemed to open up more fully, with an increased experience, still fully red, fresh, and tart-ish. I didn’t get any white, or greens from this, so it stayed squarely in the nice and juicy red camp throughout. It shared some qualities with other “Ripe” and “Juicy” SB’s out there, but still somehow felt somewhat unique in it’s pairings. Just below mid level sweet, and with no real off notes, it proved to be a good solo experience. I did try and push it even HIGHER, up to about 1.2%, and it DID start to curl, and some artificial jammy, and almost cotton candy notes started to appear, so I’m confident in recommending solo’ing @ 0.5%-0.95%. Even with no real take offs at normal usage rates, the strawberry field is crowded, and it’s HARD to stand out. For a surprisingly “real” tasting artificial strawberry with authentically “fresh” and “tart” notes, this one was good. Not 100% sure if it was a super stand out or not but felt fairly placed @ 8.75/10.

16 Likes

I didn’t even see Coconut by DUO, where did you find that?

2 Likes

So now it is ok to poke fun at/with me when I say I am very low on the Totem Pole??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh WOW, looks like they’re selling out already @KC111.

3 Likes

I never even saw it to begin with, what a bummer!

3 Likes

Me, not you. FFS nevermind. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Nope, it goes both ways. Believe me, I laugh at myself all the time, just like now I am laughing with/at you. I love the silliness.

3 Likes

Golden Pineapple (Duomei) 0.4%/0.8% (1-8-23) – Currently my goto, top shelf Pineapple is hands down VTA Sugarloaf, and I’ve wondered if any other could knock it from it’s perch. This Golden Pineapple had a lot of the similar nuances, with a juicy, bright yellow mid level sweet pineapple. It was not candied, baked, or raw, but almost like canned, sweet pineapple chunks. To better clarify, it didn’t have a syrupy finish, but was just sweet enough. It def. lived more in the brighter, punchy, high end region of the pineapple, which led to a more juicy, bright, and fresh pineapple. I think with the surplus of the “yellow” I got from this, I think “golden” is pretty accurate. My only issue (I know, I know), was that despite being a great juicy yellow pineapple, it seemed to lack a little punch. When testing it @ 0.4%, it was great, but felt like it just needed MORE of it, so I doubled it to 0.8%. It increased slightly, but still left me wanting more. When tasting directly out of the bottle it was fairly strong, but for some reason, it didn’t translate directly when vaping. Interesting, and confusing at the same time. Hard to score this one perfectly as the flavor itself was GREAT, I just wanted to get a little more of it (saturation). I briefly tested above 0.8%, but it didn’t change, and with some possible muting, so it was, what it was. Flavor/accuracy wise, I’d rate it at a stellar 9.8/10, but with the minor takeoffs for JUST the lack of punch and saturation, I’ll leave it @ 8.8/10. Let YOUR tastes decide whether or not the punch/saturation is good enough or not. Nothing off-putting at any of the testing weights, so you can go crazy with it (within limits) and experiment. I know @lukeloop was really looking forward to, and already mixing with this one, so I’m curious to hear what he thought about it.

13 Likes

I’ve mixed this one too but @1% and as next weekend marks the 14th day I’m hoping to test it then.
I’ll post on here in regards to my opinions if that’s ok with you.
I’m hanging out for your opinion on Luzon Mango as that one still smells like rocket fuel to me.

6 Likes