E-cigarette Adverse Events

After reading @quitter1’s post on the MRSA thing I googled, " Reported Ecigarette Illnesses. After about 10 pages of BS I found horse SH%T. Have your vape handy because it’s a long read of utter nonsense.

Scroll down… The reports are under this heading (Special Interest Topics) in PDF Format. Sounds like people looking to sue somebody.

E-cigarette Adverse Events

2 Likes

Wow! There are some MAJOR whiners and hypochondriacs in those findings. Can you imagine being around any one of those folks for even a short period of time? I’d run away screaming!

I loved the one about the person feeling like they had to take a shower to get rid of the taste and smell of the ecig to which they were exposed! That person has way bigger issues than ecigs, my friend. (Insert finger making loopy sign at temple of head) I’m thinking he/she wears a tinfoil hat once they get home, so that the “rays” which our government emits through the air doesn’t harm them. Oh boy! NUTZ!

2 Likes

I’m sure with allergies some people may be affected. But some are lunatics after a quick buck.

I guess they only get sick if they can see it. If you blew real cig smoke on them they would die.

1 Like

Wow! neighbors 2nd hand vapors affecting her dog?!?
another, “turning my taste buds black”, REALLY?
OK, I’ll admit, I opened wide and leaned into the mirror, huh, nothing, think that’s where they should be.
Wife reports husband, “Chain vaping at 36mg”, causing health issues. He needs serious help, something else going on there.
Bad part of this, is that FDA is just eating this up.
I only made it thru 4 or 5 of them , just couldn’t read any more.

2 Likes

LOL, you joke about that but it’s for real.
Back when I smoked. I unloaded a big load in San Francisco Financial District.
Streets blocked off with police and cranes, people gathered around watching the show.
I lit a cig without thinking, the lady standing about 6ft from me actually let out a scream, looked at me all wide eyed, wrapped her coat over her face and RAN away down the sidewalk.
And that’s the mentality we’re up against with Vaping. Gonna be a tough fight, IMHO.

4 Likes

My wife has been an allergy sufferer and has had asthma for quite some time now. Now a vaper for 2 1/2 years, there has actually been a decrease in her allergy and asthma issues. She only hits the inhaler when she has to go outside during bad air days. She vapes about 6 to 8ml per day. She counts herself as one of the lucky, but is a huge proponent of vaping over smoking for those with asthma.

2 Likes

It’s a mixed bag with vaping. I try to stealth vape at work, but people follow the scent and find me instead of running away. This one guy always ask me am I vaping caramel regardless of what’s in my tank.

1 Like

Good to hear. Glad for your wife.
Describes my wife to a tee also. Wish people only knew, or at least try and understand.

2 Likes

Girlfriend. She vapes when we’re together… but not alone.

1 Like

“I am sensitive to strong smells (perfumes and lotions, for example) and chemical exposures which usually make me cough. This current exposure to e-cigarette vapor wasn’t close enough to make me cough, but I felt that the headache and nausea was directly linked to the vapor exposure.”

She should sue everyone using perfume and/or deodorant who walks passed her or sits next to her in a public place.
I’m surprised they haven’t started beating the drums about these vapers wielding dangerous objects that have batteries and could explode. If they start with that, I will develop my own brand of mech mod and call it Allahu Akbar.

4 Likes

I can tell you from my experience in the theatrical realm, the urge for people to cough and hack when they see smoke is usually psychosomatic. If there is smoke, my lungs are bound to be damaged by it, therefore, I must cough or feel the effects of smoke inhalation. Wrong. Many smoke simulators in the theatre use a medicinal grade mineral oil or a water based propylene glycol/vegetable glycerine combination.

I’m sure there are people which have an adverse reaction to PG. However, to be sitting in the same huge auditorium or restaurant as one guy vapes an ecig and have a “physical reaction” to said “smoke” is just plain psychosomatic bullshit. They are letting their emotions rule their thought processes and body.

Hey, I wanna puke every time I smell Brussel sprouts cooking, but I don’t. I’m adult enough to just deal with it and not make everyone’s life a living hell because I hate Brussel sprouts.

4 Likes

I think that was my fav to I nearly puked at the thought of maybe knowing someone like that Ill informed whacko!!!

1 Like

Hmmmmm, Good thing you didn’t keep searching. I’m willing to bet you would have also found some Doggy Doo, Cat Sh#t, and Rabbit Pellets had you looked further. Horse Sh%t is enough for me…

4 Likes

You forgot TPA Honey (cat piss)

3 Likes

That’s because that is really yummy! Why do you think he has 14 cats?

4 Likes

Well played Josephine :grin:

3 Likes

Mean, cruel, lowdown, and dirty! I think I’m gonna cry, boo, hoo…

4 Likes

I was defending you here mate, I only have 5 and am stinking jealous of you. You’ve got soooo much more of the yummy than I do!

3 Likes

She’s got a point there . . .

3 Likes

As I am only joking, of course…lol

4 Likes