E Cigarette Forums (ECF) Data Breach?

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about the password breach. I hate having to change passwords. With so many on-line accounts, I have an encrypted document on my computer that has all of my usernames and passwords. It is a pain, but I have to have it to keep track of them because of all the different password requirements…“Must use a special character”, “Can’t use a special character”, “Required to change password every six months and your new password can’t be a repeat of your last 5 passwords”. I can’t keep all of them in my pea brain.

5 Likes

is there anything associated with the ECF account worth worrying about?

5 Likes

Good question. Also, I haven’t signed in there in a looong time. Wonder if I should change my password anyway?

3 Likes

Yes, and compare it to all your OTHER passwords you have, and if any of the OTHER ones are similar, or same, change them too @muth.

2 Likes

I just checked Have I been Pwned and nothing about ecf shows up there. How did you find out?

3 Likes

I forget @muth, I think Norton caught it, and messaged me.

HaveIBeenPwnd is great regarding emails, but sometimes other checks are good too.

If you use similar passwords for many of these vaping sites, like many of us do, it’s never bad to spend a few minutes changing OTHER passwords, JUST in case.

2 Likes