EDC - DIY Wallet

It’s kinda funny for a guy with no money, to buy a kit to make a wallet for cards or money, but it’s a cool idea nonetheless.

DIY Wallet:

Currently use this, Fidelo Minimalist:

But don’t have any need for the magnetic clip (which is strong as shit)… But it’s reasonably cheap and good quality, just don’t like grabbing my wallet and my keys going flying…

8 Likes
6 Likes

Make some money on the side

4 Likes

Come up with a good design, a big piece of leather is around 60 bucks, finished… make a decent wallet and sell for 30 bucks a piece… So say you can make 10 wallets out of piece of finsihed… that’s 300 and you’ve made decent product. If you need tools I’ve seen basic kits with threading and wax for 100… After you sold half you’re only making profit… After your first investment of 210 dollars you have another 90 for materials and pocket 30, then you’re always making money with slight overhead fees.

5 Likes

The other way around ofc is go to Alibaba and buy the same stuff for 5 bucks with shipping included.

add a DIY leather bag and sell both for 30 bucks.

7 Likes

But then you can’t call it Artisan Leather, made with dead american animals… They’d probably rub china men on it before they shipped it over

7 Likes
4 Likes

Years and years ago my grandad made me a wallet while in the hospital after a heart attack. I was around 5 or 6 at the time so it was a lot of doobies ago. I still have that leather wallet and tho i dont use it anymore it is a treasure to me.

Ive got a cousin that makes wallets out of duct tape, they sound cheap but they are very durable and can be fixed, with more duct tape of course.

11 Likes

Very cool man. I like it. I use a rubber band but this looks much better.

4 Likes

I know this thread is a year old, but I couldn’t resist chiming in. The DIY wallet idea sounds like a blast, even if it’s somewhat ironic to make a wallet when you’re short on cash! Crafting something yourself does have its own set of rewards, doesn’t it?
If you’re still into leathercraft, you might find this article at Where Does Leather Come From – Von Baer really enlightening. It dives into where leather comes from and the different types of leather. Knowing the source and treatment can make all the difference in the durability and look of the final product.

1 Like