EGO ONE MINI (JOYETECH) 850mah - Review

I was lucky. I won this lovely tiny ecig from a Heaven Gifts giveaway.
I received superfast, DHL express 4 days!

Explore petrast

My ego one mini is the hot pink one

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/petrast/media/oxi_zpsfnbmkxon.jpg.html][/URL]

Well, it certainly is hardly bigger than an analogue.
Only 10.9cm/4.29in height including the drip tip and only 16 mm diameter (0.62 in) An ego battery is 14mm diam.
The size and the color make this ecig a beauty.
But my experience with tiny ecigs wasn’t the best.
Not this time.
Ego one mini is a bit of everything. What it does better is to be discreet. But it does everything else well or very well.

first things first, the package contains the atty, the battery, 2 CL heads 0.5 and 1.0 ohm, the metallic 510 drip tip the usb cable with the wall adapter 1A, the manual and the scratch and check.

The 0.5 head is for lung inhale. It isn’t an atlantis, but performs quite well, although it drains the battery in 1-2 hours.
The 1 ohm head is for mouth inhale and performs well. It helps the 3.7 battery perform very well without draining it. I was surprised that after 2 hours of heavy vaping, the battery still performed well
With a normal use, it can last till 4 hours
Charging needs 90 minutes, I hardly charge for more than 60, because I charge before the battery is completely empty.

Now, the important thing is that you can also buy ni and ti heads for tc mods and CLR heads, which are rebuildable and cost no more than a CL head. They come coiled and wired with 1.0ohm and cotton.

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/petrast/media/CLR_zps3tbu7l5x.jpg.html][/URL]

Many users prefer them to the CL heads even when they don’t rebuld them, because they like the cotton taste better.
The heads are very easy to rebuild according to Joyetech

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/petrast/media/CLR2_zpsbiesbzry.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/petrast/media/CLR1_zpscfh9rqmt.png.html][/URL]

By rebuidling them, you have an RBA atty and save the head cost, plus improving the taste.
Don’t mean that the CL taste is poor. Quite the contrary, the ego one mini performs extremely well for a nano ecig. Taste, throat hit and satisfactory clouds of vape.

I use the CL head (1.0 ohm) for 4 days. I must have vaped almost 20ml and now I begin to feel the atty overheated after heavy use, while taste and throat hit remain.
I’ll let you know abt the CLR heads when I use them.
Just keep in mind that the coil ends at the silicone insulating ring
That means that it’s way better to use a n-r-n wire without ecxeeding the 1.0 ohm limit. Unfortunately, my n-r-n wires are 1.5 ohm and I’ll try to RB with a common wire.

Enjoy the video, it’s only 3 min.

1 Like

It is better to drain the battery completely before recharging, that way it has a longer life, or so I’ve heard anyway. If I’m wrong I’m sure I will be corrected by someone else.
Congrats with your winnings, it is a nice looking thing. I still have an ego laying around. I keep it to take with me if I go and visit someone so I don’t cloud up their entire house. I feel a bit anti social doing that, so it is handy to have it around. I had more of them but I gave them all away to other people to encourage them to quit the cigarettes after they showed an interest in my new hobby. I have only been partially successful with that mission.

1 Like

Li-ion batteries have no memory effects. That means that they can be charged anytime. It’s not good to completely drain them or overcharge them.
Anyway, you can only drain them completely with a mech mod if they are not protected (still not take it for granded for the IMR/INR batteries)
Anyway, when the ego one battery is quite empty, I cannot vape with the 1.0 omh, unless I boost the nicotine, which I don’t do. If that means shortening the battery’s life expectance, so be it. I can live with it, just as I lived with cheap trustfire and efest 18650 chargers and still have a working panasonic CGR after a couple years of vaping.

I hopelesly tried to persuade smokers to vape by donating old equipment. It seems that only if they pay, the respect the gift of owning an ecig. Now I prefer to give away to friends, items I don’t anymore use if I notice that they don’t have back up devices. Of course I still have out of date items that I’ll just keep as souvenirs. I don’t dare even to donate them.

2 Likes

I stand corrected :blush:

1 Like

Haaa… There are two battery guru covapers that post at our local forum and then examine the members…wrong answers means vaping with no name Chinese liquids for two days, using an egoT. They all learn. The quicker, the better…

1 Like

Don’t make me go through that, please! Don’t mind the egoT but Chinese liquids with no name…

1 Like

I know… I know… I once emptied a bottle of chinese liquid in the sink. Next thing I knew, my sink sued me! :smile:
I’d better had used it as an insecticide instead. With 18mg nicotine it’d have been perfect.

1 Like

I draw the line at Chinese liquids and would never put my sink through something like that! Do you have an appropriate punishment for that on your local forum?

1 Like

That’s a penalty free action! :smile:

Well, on topic again - sorry!!! - I just changed the CL head with the CLR.
CL head was still working ok after 25-30ml, I had a little taste loss and I was feeling the atty vase overheating after a couple of minutes. Classic joyetech be-ready-to-change-the-head symptom

Nice head. recommended even for non RBA users. There is cotton and you can clearly see the coil. I remind that CL and CLR heads have the same price.

Glad to see someone got the Ego One for free. That’s almost too much to pay in my opinion. I bought one that after 2weeks leaks no matter what and the battery button lost its detent - so no way to tell if it is being pressed or not, except for the light. That would be the tiny glow from around the button that one can only see in a very dark room. And turning it on and off- better set aside at least 5 minutes for that guessing game. gaaahhhhh - waste of money for me.