Element Vape Rant

Okay i know that there are steps a company must take to return an item , but this entire experinace has left a bad taste in my mouth …

Received a product , said product was Auto Firing when Tank went on …I submitted all info to Element Vape . They asked me to send a Video . HERE IS WHAT PISSED ME OFF …Why would a company encourage a customer to hanfle a product that is auto firing when Tank get attached ??? Then after all the crap i have to do I now have to send product back AT MY EXPENSE for them to give me a store credit or refund …The process sucks …

This is to all Companies…IF THERE IS AN ISSUE LIKE AUTO FIRING AND THE MOD IS GETTING SUPER HOT BECAUSE OF IT DONT REQUIRE CUSTOMER TO RECORD A VIDEO…thats is asking for trouble

26 Likes

Wow @fidalgo_vapes I have ordered from them tons, and thankfully never had an auto fire, or return. Making you REPEAT it on video, is just plain stupid, dangerous, and almost negligent.

11 Likes

Ya I buy almost everything from them …Never a problem until now , I think it is so stupid to ask someone to shoot a video , especially in this case…Imagine a new person to Vaping …My first mistake was allowing this person to choose what they wanted , I usually say No if its a product I dont recommend but they had a budget and wanted a certain thing their friend had…

9 Likes

Sorry you had to go through that. It would piss me off also. Do you mind sharing what mod it was?

9 Likes

It was a Smok Prince Tv12 stick…Which I knew wasnt the best thing , but the person wanted it sooooo bad bc her GF had one

9 Likes

Oh man. :roll_eyes: Did she ask if bling was an option? :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for your post, I’m sure it will help others to decide.

8 Likes

I’ll tell ya , they ask for advice , in one ear out the other…This is why i quit mixing for people a couple years ago …Then Wa State banned things and I felt bad …

8 Likes

I hope manufactures and shops see it as well…To ask a person to use a product that the firing can’t be controlled is ridiculous…I

12 Likes

That is ridiculous, asking a customer to do a dangerous thing like that. If an accident would have occurred while making the video element vape would have opened themselves up to a lawsuit for sure.

8 Likes

Wow, after all that stupidity they’re making you pay return shipping?! I’d go full Karen on their asses and get a supervisor involved until they cover shipping. That’s unacceptable.

7 Likes

I have had nothing but pergect transactions from EV. Good to know what happens if I have a problem. Hopefully they will work this out in the end.

5 Likes

That’s a clear case of an employee following the standard protocol for warrantee claims. Either they don’t understand the danger involved or they have been reprimanded or threatend for not following policy, as a result can care less of the potential consequences to the company and the customer. I’ve often felt that some of the stupidity or appearant ignorance I have encountered with various customer service representatives is something along those lines. Sometimes I just hang up and call again to get the next random employee if it’s a big company such as any cellular service provider. That’s just my speculation without anything to back it. It does really suck that they want you to cover shipping. I would hope they would ship a replacement at their own expense. I have read the same policy concerning return shipping from several online vape vendors. Please don’t think I’m downplaying you situation in any way. I would be on here venting if that happened to me too. On the subject of venting and Element Vape, I get so frustrated with how slow there web pages load compared to all the other online vendors. I like Element Vape alot but I can’t count the number of times I’ve almost ranted about that here or to them. Let’s hope they send you a good replacement. Store credit might be a nice way to cover the return shipping cost you had to provide.

5 Likes

I’m not happy with a couple of on line Vape shops lately and Element Vape is one of them

3 Likes

I had same problem with Vaporesso gen auto firing had to send them video of fault before they would consider replacing it.i did not have to send faulty mod back they sent me replacement mod.
Maybe you would have better response from Smok

4 Likes

My name is Karen and you bet that’s what I would do. I would start with the question, “If I sustain injuries during the video are you prepared for a lawsuit because I’ll already have the evidence recorded?”

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes I am SO sorry this happened to you. I used to do business with Element and all without issue. At some point I started getting a cheesy feeling from the site and started to hear complaints on other forums. My friend recently ordered and they sent the wrong color mod. Picking orders shouldn’t be that hard unless you can’t read English.

I have stopped dealing with 3rd party vendors when a damaged item is received. I was wisely advised by a friend and vape shop manager to deal direct with the manufacturer. If you’re being asked to jump through hoops for proof you want to make it worth your while. My experience dealing with manufacturers has been nothing but stellar. Once they see your vid or photo or not, (they don’t all ask for proof), they will tell you to keep the damaged goods and they will send you a new one free of charge. Why? It’s not worth it for them to pay for shipping especially from US to China. No one should be asking you to pay for return shipping. That’s just bad business and no way to treat a customer that could potentially spend $100s or $1000s of dollars on your products. Plain stupidity. Sorry for the rant but I’m pissed about Element and any other vendor who pulls that crap.

ETA: Smok is probably the biggest manufacturer of vape products and replacing your gear free of charge is piddling for them and well worth their reputation.

7 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes if you decide to take this to the manufacturer I just have some simple advice. I have a friend who works for Sourcemore and feel I know the Chinese pretty well in business concerns. They take great pride in their work. Are dedicated hard workers and trained to respond respectfully to the customer. If you approach this in an amicable and professional way you will likely get a positive outcome. I usually explain that I contacted the vendor with no satisfactory resolution. You can be honest with your feelings in a respectful manner. Sometimes they like to know about their vendors’ business habits. And sometimes their vendors get ripped off by 3rd party vendors. I expect they’ll understand and I expect you’ll get good results. One last thing…they aren’t so good with compound wording such as they’re. Just write they are, etc.

4 Likes

In other words, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Excellent points, @muth.

3 Likes