Eliquid Calculator

Hello, so I just started mixing my own eliquids and noticed that the calculator from this website does not match what a calculator from other websites would spit out once I put in all the information. So my question is, is the calculator on here a little more reliable compared to lets say the calculator from https://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html?

4 Likes

I did a calculation with VG , PG and Nic only and it came out identical …things could be different based on how you have your flavors set …

4 Likes

Welcome @Mikej0904! Many of the other calculators use 1ml = 1g calculation for their flavors. ELR uses the manufacturers listed specific gravity for the flavors which is usually negligible but sometimes looking at the numbers, you can see the difference. What kind of a difference are you seeing? Can you post screen shots of the same exact recipe from the other calculator and from ELR?

5 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes I noticed the bases are the same but the flavor in grams are off.

5 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit I can do screenshots but they will probably be tomorrow. Will that be ok? I am seeing differences with the flavors. I mix by weight and the calculator this gives a different number compared to the one I mentioned when putting in the percentages per flavor.

5 Likes

I’m not going anywhere :heart: When ever you get a chance is fine. Lots of people here can help. It does sound like an issue with the specific gravity though.

4 Likes

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit you are correct. I believe the calculator on this site keeps the specific gravity in mind. With that said, would the calculator be better to use compared to the one I mentioned in the original post? I’m assuming the calculator is better to use but want to make sure.

3 Likes

Kind of answered your own question there… :wink:

ELR for the win!

5 Likes

You can change that setting

6 Likes

It all depends what you are using it for. A recipe is just a method to recreate a concoction exactly how you did it before. So if you’re going to use different tools with which the recipe was created, you’re going to end up with a different result.
If you’re using a recipe on ELR that’s been created with steam-engine’s tool, it won’t be the same and vice versa. Actually, on ELR you have the choice of using the standard site’s gravity or your own specific gravity and that can give different results. To be 100% sure you’re creating the exact same recipe, you should know which specific gravity to use.
So if you want to be 100% exact each and every time, whether you work on ELR or any other calculator, mix by volume (i.e. syringes, pipettes etc, not drops). Choose for convenience and maybe not so exact and use your scale.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome!

As stated above, it is likely the specific gravity.

If you want to use both calculators, first check the other one to confirm that they are using 1gr = 1ml, then check your preferences here in the “User” dropdown menu on the ELR homepage. Uncheck the box that reads “use manufacturer specific gravity.” That will set you to 1ml/gr.

4 Likes

@Plunderdrum Thanks for the insight. I will be sure to check that out.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I probably did it my first day here and totally forgot! :laughing:

3 Likes