ELR Forum shortcut (not an app... right?)

Feedback and fotos.
It works straight and with no problems so far.

4 Likes

Not sure what you’re getting at. Shortcuts are nothing new in Android.

2 Likes

I know. This one it is different. Regular shortcuts open with the main browser. This one open with limeted browser function (no search bar) as standalone. This morning when I open the ELR-F it comes a popup messege if I want to add this site to my home screen. Hope it make sence what I’m trying to say :stuck_out_tongue:
Thought that was a Discourse update.

3 Likes

Sounds like something @daath should weigh in on…

(I’m still not quite sure of what’s being asked though TBH. As there should be no difference in functionality from a traditional link/shortcut)

3 Likes

Looks like it was a misknowledge from me. It is just a shortcut for ELRF. But for a reason this shortcut is diference from other shortcuts from other websites I had untile now. That make me think that it was a new update of discourse and I feel the need to give feedback that everythink works good.

2 Likes

It is different in the sense that it doesn’t open the forum on browser

that was from mobile chrome. So far, nothing else is different.

3 Likes

Yep that’s right. It is open the forum on/in a ‘‘limeted’’ version of the browser (with not search/address bar) and that makes me think that was a standalone app. As it appears I don’t know how some thinks work. Well it was morning when I did all this thoughts and before my first coffee… :sweat_smile:

This is how it looks with no address bar in ‘‘Free adblocker’’ browser. Android mobile.

3 Likes

Yep, I think it was a Discourse update :slight_smile:

4 Likes