ELR Member Liquids and Collaborations - Recommended

I looked but didn’t find a thread like this, so Daath…if there is one I’m sure you’ll know what to do :smile:

I thought it would be fun and helpful if we could help promote each other’s work. Sure, the recipe pages are loaded with this kind of info, but what about great finds that have not received very many stars or comments? I think we could help promote these and possible even tap into the knowledge of our community to help further improve or refine some recipes. To do this it would be nice to take the recipe, hyperlink it, enter the user with @ in front of their name, and give a little review. If you’ve adapted the recipe I think linking to that would be good as well.

I would like to start with Sucker Punch Clone by @Anonyvape . I’ve never had the real Sucker Punch, but I am a dragon fruit fan so thought I would take the comments I found in the recipe and work with it. I came up with an adapted version that I just can’t stop vaping.

This liquid is vapable right after mixing. However, once it’s had a few days to age this is some awesome stuff. I love what the Capella’s Dragon Fruit did to help this recipe along as it has a much more intense flavor than TPA, but the two marry together very well! In fact I think they compliment each other even more than TPA Strawberry (Ripe) and CAP Sweet Strawberry which I’ve used in combination a great deal. That said, in my opinion the Dragon Fruit by Capella is also something that can overpower other flavors so it’s good to start small and build with it.

I highly recommend this liquid and look forward to seeing if anyone builds on this recipe so I can try that too. If you adapt this and find it improved, please post and link…let’s work together.

3 Likes

Personally, I think it would be awesome for more people to use the comments section on recipes they’ve adapted from. I am going back this week and finding all of my recipes that I really like, click on the ‘adapted from’ button (which takes me to the original I found) and make comments on the original, so others will be encouraged to do the same.

5 Likes

I created a new flavor I’m calling Blue Dragon. This is some tasty stuff, but it’s missing something. I don’t have a lot of experience with Blueberry and think it would be nice for more of that flavor to come through. Now mind you this is a first and new mix with this recipe and not knowing much about blueberry I don’t know if its something that gets more prominent with aging. The dragonfruit is not mean to be a prominent flavor…more of an accent.

Anyone with suggestions I’m all ears.

Sorry Alisa … I know that I am guilty of not leaving comments on my original recipes and I will do better going forward. I can be somewhat anti-social but it stems from being a very shy person. I know it is weird that I can perform in front of large audiences playing music but when it comes time to mingle and interact afterwards, I am the quite one found in the dark corner of the venue.

In regards to suggestions on the Blue Dragon recipe, I would add a few drops of Malic Acid (Sour) to bring the Blueberry flavor out. I would lower the Sweet Cream one percent to make room for the 1 percent of Sour. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I was just thinking the same thing. There are a lot of recipes on here with no comments or ratings. It would be very helpful if everyone left a rating and a review of recipes they have tried and or adapted. While I think having a thread like this would allow a more in depth discussion, it would more beneficial to at least use the recipe’s built-in review and rating system so everything is in one place.

1 Like