ELR Mixing Contest II (LIVE)

Agreed I used to always use Apple Filling at .5 or lower with either country apple or a more punchy apple like FLV Apple or JF Fuji. The cinnamon in Apple filling was too strong for me. Even though it will steep out some after a few weeks.

8 Likes

Let’s face it, flavors don’t always act like their names say. Whenever I build a recipe as if I’m making something to eat it seldom pans out. Wouldn’t it be easy if liquid flavors matched food recipes? No one would have to flavor test.

7 Likes

Welcome @TommyV and thx for making this more fun by jumping in.

7 Likes

You’re not alone, I’ve had issues with some FLV but what brand doesn’t have clunkers? Fortunately, almost all of their baccos are outstanding and that you can bet on…if you’re into that. I’ve found their fruits to be good too, at least the ones I’ve tried.

6 Likes

Idk, I’m at 5 flavors and 2.55% so far. I’ll have to work this when I get my missing flavors. Not sure where I’ll end up.

7 Likes

Send link to Private recipe to one of the judges

6 Likes

Yay, my first idea turned out to taste like mushrooms with butterscotch… back to the drawing board🤣

10 Likes

I feel like thats what all mine have been tasting like with a backnote of fireworks

8 Likes

I went over with two flavors in my mix, made a new version with less and much lower %, with flv you can‘t push a lot of their selection above 1.5%.
The second mix tastes a lot better right off the shake

7 Likes

Yes. The one im working on is 6 flavs that total 4.1 percent. Flv is really all over the map. Some you cant push past .1 and others you need like 3 percent. Iv used milk n honey as high as 4 percemt in the past

4 Likes

I always found with FLV if using with other brands they could be pushed a bit more. But for a FLV only recipe you’d need a more delicate touch and mostly use less.

10 Likes

Was that the Pralines, by any chance?

5 Likes

Milk and Honey is 0.25 to 3% max for me…

8 Likes

Hope I did all the private messaging stuff right, don’t have many flv flavors but I came up with one that’s pretty tasty! Sounds like a fun event to throw my hat into the ring!

10 Likes

I got the recipe , meets criteria ty and Good Luck

8 Likes

Thanks for participating @JoelOl75 :+1:

I’d like to remind everyone else to please read the criteria / rules carefully before submitting your recipes :ok_hand:

7 Likes

mumbles incoherently

shuffles away aimlessly

blankface for 30 seconds

reboots

Thanks for all your support! Byeeeeee

8 Likes

Leave that type of talk for YT lol

3 Likes

Is there any decent flv chocolates?

3 Likes

The Chocolate Deutsch is pretty good, BUT, with cake elements. The Milk Chocolate isn’t terrible. And you can pull some pretty good Choco out of the Smores as well.

5 Likes