ELR Recipe Contest..Rules/ Criteria

Without the Cherry it isnt a true Upside down

6 Likes

Never tried the FW Maraschino…

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

6 Likes

Do you rate this one?

It wasn’t available here last time I ordered now it is, looks like most of the ultimates are there too.

5 Likes

Neither had I until a few weeks ago. I LOVE the SSA Cherries, but they weren’t working in the profile, so I started looking at the racks, and forgot I even had it. 2% MIGHT be too high, but it’s still a WIP, but NO cough syrup, at least at 2% and below.

5 Likes

@marsh8

9 Likes

Must have missed that one. Definitely ordering now, can’t find that cherry here though that Maraschino Cherries are the ones I used when I baked that cake.

5 Likes

Damn near perfect…

6 Likes

Where are you located @marsh8 ??

5 Likes

Liquiddiy??? He seems to have good choices

6 Likes

And just an FYI. There were no Eggnog Custard mixes submitted so if there was any pandering it wasnt to me!

8 Likes

Crazy right??? Barely any pumpkin spice either or pumpkin period

6 Likes

The BCF , FJ only realky limited people…I like that lol…Now that Royal Mail is moving faster Nomz should be fine from now on

5 Likes

Absolutely, they are so quick with decent shipping prices and the selection is massive.

7 Likes

No Eggnog Recipes.Everyone is D I S Q U A L I F I E D

6 Likes

I have notes that may give you some ideas on a pineapple upside down cake. I tried a few times to remix the eliquid Kibitzer by Five Pawns before I gave up and moved on. It is an fairly authentic pineapple upside-down cake. However, as Five Pawns always does, this decadent flavor is taken in a weird direction. Rather than using fresh pineapples, Kibitzer is made with what they called wood-grilled pineapples, which is supposed to bring out the natural sweetness of the fruit, while simultaneously adding a slight smoky layer to the pineapple. The entire cake is then coated with a sweet pineapple reduction, which ties in all of the various notes immaculately. As i remember when I tried the Kibitzer E-Liquid it was a really sweet almost toasted pineapple with a really mild cake flavor.

6 Likes

I’m still pretty much of a hack, but here was my attempt,

I’m crazy slow getting to some of my testers and this one was at about three months before I tried it.
It definitely needed work but I didn’t really write notes on it (thought I’d remember - nope, haha!) so I might have to mix it again and try it a bit sooner.

7 Likes

I’m a fan of this Brown Sugar. I haven’t tried any others though.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Ooo I like the use of the Philadelphia Butter cake and Ultimate Brown Sugar in this. I may have to remix my only attempt at a Pineapple Upside Down cake to try that combo.

Burnt Sugar (OOO) 0.75
Pineapple Juicy (TPA) 3.00
Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA) 2.00
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 1.50
Vanilla Cupcake (TPA) 6.00
Cheesecake (TPA) 2.00
Scorched Caramel (VTA) .75
Cinnamon Danish (TPA) 1.25
I really liked the combo of Pineapple Juicy, Sugarloaf Pineapple, Scorched Caramel, Burnt Sugar, and Toasted Marshmallow in my remix it created an almost authentic grilled pineapple. Though the cake layer in my version was lacking something.

10 Likes