Enough is enough...beware of gearbest!

I had that happen to me long time ago, had to close out pay pal case, and I was weary, but I did, and they honored our dispute. hope you get yours settled @obijuan, all you can do is have trust.

1 Like

You told GB to contact PP, and it appears they did. Iā€™m not 100% following that oneā€¦

Iā€™m not giving GB a free pass on this, mind you. But it sounds like you ordered a clone, they sent a clone, and then things went to hell based on potentially differing opinions of what a clone means. Iā€™m not trying to poop in your ice cream, but the more Iā€™ve read, the less Iā€™ve fully understood the problem. What am I missing?

3 Likes

No, they actually didnā€™t contact Paypal. Thatā€™s the point. They never did, even though they said they would

Yes, I did order a clone, and yes, they did send a clone, but the clone I received was NOT what they pictured in all their customer reviews.

I believe I was misled into thinking I would receive a ShenRay clone, not a Steam Tribe manufactured clone.

IMO, if they sell more than 1 clone of the same tank, they need to differentiate between clones and have different listings. They canā€™t just have 1 listing and send ā€˜whatever is availableā€™. If I had known that, I would not have purchased!

3 Likes

Moral of the story, steer clear of clones? :rofl:
Seriously, buying from China is already so cheapā€¦ why still go for a clone and not the authentic product? Just get the real thing and avoid all this hassle.

2 Likes

Well, the authentic is about $100. I donā€™t mind paying for quality, but these RTAā€™s that are between $100-$200 are a bit much. Under $50 is reasonable but more than $100 just for an RTA? My mods donā€™t even cost $100 lol

5 Likes

@obijuan I am happy you are getting your money back. Congrats.

Since I weighed in before. I see your pointā€¦there isnā€™t anything listed in the description calling it a shenray clone and see how it causes an issue when all the reviews show a shenray produced clone.

Personally thoughā€¦I would have never viewed the product because there is no way a shenray clone would be 15 dollars and shenray clones have their name in the product line. (The shenray clones would be closer to the 40 mark).

And in support. At the price point of the authentic I would buy the clone first to try it out and if I liked it a lot I would buy an authentic. I would spend 100+ for an authentic if I really liked it.

1 Like

Just like on fast tech, there are several clones in different quality classes. I canā€™t deny Iā€™ve checked them out but I just canā€™t get myself to order these things. Reasonable quality, even in clones, cost a bit of moneyā€¦ but then you know youā€™ll get good use of it too.

In any case, you got your money back, better than what I can say from some western companiesā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œthere is no way a shenray clone would be 15 dollars and shenray clones have their name in the product line. (The shenray clones would be closer to the 40 mark).ā€

This is not true. I bought my first one about 1 year ago from Fast Tech, and it was only $18

This is the older version, not the new V5, so it would definitely have been less than $20

2 Likes

@Chrispdx FYI, also, after all this happened I reached out to ShenRay directly, and explained what had happened.

The person I spoke to, Leon, was super helpful, and was so sorry to hear what had happened that he offered to help me out.

They do not make the v4ā€™s anymore, but he had the last 4 produced in his possession, and sold me all 4 shipped for $50. Will be here in a couple of days!

6 Likes

See what goodies youā€™ll miss out on if you stop dealing with Gearbest? :rofl:

Wasnā€™t this worth all the trouble? You wanted clones, now you end up with the real thing for the price of a clone!

4 Likes

I guess thatā€™s what you can call it lol. Why somebody would go to the real manufacturer after clearly purchasing a clone from china is a question I donā€™t want an answer on lol.

2 Likes

No, I didnā€™t contact the authentic Vapor Giant manufacturer.

I contacted ShenRay, the manufacturer of the clone I wanted. lol

I ended up getting the last 4 ShenRay clones they had for $12.50 each, shipped.

4 Likes

That is great!!! So ummmm you sending me one right? Lol. J/k

3 Likes

Awesome! We all learned something.

2 Likes

Iā€™m smelling some wah-burgers and french cries in this post

2 Likes

I ordered quite a few items from gearbest and I mostly got exactly what they advertised. The only time when I got something that was different from described was a glass for a tank which is not that big of a deal for me.

2 Likes

Well apparently PayPal decided the case in my favor, so looks like I was right.

Iā€™m smelling some butthurt so whatā€™s your point??

Anyway thanks for bumping my post which was already forgotten

1 Like

I even made a picture :slight_smile:

2 Likes

again, thanks for bumping the thread!

Your attempt at trolling is only keeping this thread at the top. thanks man.

1 Like

just curios, did you actually read any of the post, or just want to get your post count up?

1 Like