Essential Depot is price gouging

Liquidbarn.com and jungleflavors.com ( e cig express) are not price gouging.

3 Likes

https://flavorjungle.com/collections/jungle-flavors :wink:

3 Likes

PG per gallon is $20 at River Supply

5 Likes

then shipping comes into effect, unless you max out with freeā€¦
However, Tractor supply isnt but 2 mi from my houseā€¦ free shippingā€¦ can pick up at any time.

And they carry my peg400 :wink: score.

4 Likes

What is Peg400 used for (prolly a stupid question but I never really needed to consider alternatives for PG with the exception of utilizing a solution of a higher percentage of VG)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I never buy from their website, holy cow, no! I buy it from Amazon. Free shipping and cheaper. But you can get good pg/vg elsewhere cheaper. Even Vaperstek has it cheaper than that. I prefer palm sourced so I might pay a tiny bit more, Idk.

ETA: Oh I just saw that it was Amazon! Wowā€¦

2 Likes

A lot of the VG suppliers being mentioned have closed or have 2 to 3 week delays. Can anyone recommend a good site thatā€™s still running. Really close to buying from them one more time cause itā€™s all Iā€™ve used for 7 yearsā€¦ :angry::angry::angry:

2 Likes

This seems to be the best deal I can find at the moment, if youā€™re in USA. Most all other vendors are $12 or more per litre.

https://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/vegetable-glycerin-1gallon.html

Disappointed that my go to vendor (Bulk Apothecary) has price jumped 30% on VG :confused:

4 Likes

Ordered 4 gallons last week and theyā€™ll be here tomorrow. Few others have said they like the VG from there.

1 Like

was going to recommend LNW but I checked before posting and they raised their price to 13.00/liter. Just got a gallon from them last week for 14.00.

3 Likes

That looks like the price theyā€™ve been charging on Amazon for some time now. $14 + for a quart. Then I saw the other posts from ED website. Are you kidding me? Why are they doing that?

2 Likes

The panicked masses making home brew ā€œHand Sanitizerā€ā€¦
and
Shortage of the components it originates from.
(Several places have raised their prices recently due to shortages in the supply chain. The topic is just blurring a bit now, where it was originally actual price-gouging by a small group of bad actors.)

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a little something that might help answer that question. :wink:

https://www.marketing91.com/supply-and-demand-curve/

Then, after one reads the article, if one can make it all the way through it without nodding off or getting too cross-eyedā€¦ One might be able to get a job as an economist. Iā€™ll print out an official looking diploma which one can hang on the wall. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ā€œPrice gougingā€œ has always been a thing during bad timesā€¦ Iā€™m just sad that our usual vendors are joining the party on the action. Most likely, the vendors might be experiencing the same ā€œgougingā€ from their suppliers as well; this would be my best guess.

1 Like

I was using Heartland before they were cool. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My ā€œnormalā€ price for PG/VG has not increased. Still paying $14.95 AUD for 500mls. Yeah I know thatā€™s way too much :grin: but I donā€™t go through a hell of a lot and I donā€™t mix up juice to sell so Iā€™m cool with the pricing. Plus I still have 3 of each sitting in storage unopened. Donā€™t mind handing the $ over (I get 50% of my flavors from him anyways), heā€™s gotta make a living too.

But hey, I can understand your pain, especially if youā€™re used to paying what you pay and especially in these ā€œcrazyā€ times weā€™re experiencing. As mentioned, there are alternative places you can try (hopefully). If not, hang in there, itā€™ll come back to normal soon. If you want to get a message to them, ā€œvote with your feetā€ as they say. Cheers. :+1:

2 Likes

i got some of that once. didnā€™t like it all. still have it almost full.

1 Like