Ethics of selling other peoples blends

@Ghettotrout Here are my thoughts on this subject. If you can find someone that will pay you actual money for the crap i make then go for it!

5 Likes

My response to businesses making profits from recipes that are freely given by their creators without giving credit where it is due looks like:

Thats my response to practically everything though…

7 Likes

As it should be, good Sir, as it should be… :wink:

2 Likes

I caught this guy mixing (@Wayne_Walker ) Wayne’s Rhodonite,

Then I realized, I wasn’t sure if he was actually selling it…:wink:

I

4 Likes

LOL There is a Canadian shop that sells Rhodonite under another name or at least I think it is I wouldnt be able to tell them apart in a blind taste test… http://eastsidevapes.com/products/macaraz-twelve-monkeys-triumph?variant=16767510339 this e-juice is Rhodonite by @Wayne_Walker just renamed and maybe a tiny tweak

1 Like

Yea, this guy had Canadian plates, good to know, face full of bush and all…

I keep secretly hoping they stole the recipe for o-rangz so I can mix it myself cause I still keep buying it :persevere: Ive even considered paying wayne to clone it for me…

1 Like

I haven’t bought an e-liquid in 3 or 4 years, so what is o-rangz and what’s it profile?

it’s a fruit loops cereal but its not overly citrusy like some ive tried and its sweet… its literally like eating a bowl of cereal. http://www.happyvaper.com/product-p/tmv-orangz-30ml.htm I buy 1 100ml bottle every month pretty much lol

1 Like

wayne charges 250 to clone a recipe and has a great palate so im betting he would get really close and it will have paid for itself right? But if he nailed it I would want to share so im betting it would be considered commercial at that point if I wanted him to make it and post it for everyone to use rather than just giving it to me

1 Like

I actually was sent that companies eliquid from a supporter looking out, and it’s not the same recipe at all. At least to me, the person who sent it swears that it is. Also, if someone buys a personal recipe from me they can do anything they want with the recipe except sell for profit. My newest recipe coming out next week is a recipe I made for someone who bought that service, and we decided it was so god damn good I had to post the recipe. Also @Beaufort_Batches that person in that bush actually looks like me when I was in highschool. I’m fat now =(

9 Likes

Lol the person that sent you it has the same palate as me then… As for being able to share the recipe that is great I will have to order that service after the kids birthdays when I have some extra cash… my hold back was always it would be depressing if you created an amazing recipe and then it couldn’t be shared with world freely :grinning:

1 Like

yup you can do whatever you’d like with the recipe. And I know it’s kind of expensive but I had to raise the price because of how time intensive it is, and there was a point where too many people were buying it and I couldn’t keep up with demand. There was a 3 month waiting list at one point which was crazy.

1 Like

I can imagine how many people would be ordering it… no complaints on price I can certainly understand how that could be very time consuming

3 Likes

@Wayne_Walker, Well you certainly don’t look like it in your videos…I’m the chubby one…

1 Like

Ummmmm…seriously? Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? I can buy a tv for $250. A recipe? I thought the goal was to help all us smokers get off the cancer sticks? No insult intended at Wayne, if there are people that willingly pay it, then good for you for marketing. But why can’t we all group together and help each other not die by smoking?

This just hits me wrong…maybe it’s because my entire family has died from cancer and I have been fighting it myself since June of 2009? Am I looking at this wrong?

Im still spending 54.99 plus tax every month on that one juice so to me it would be worth while and save me a ton of money… I have some more loops/ cereal recipes to try yet to see if they are close first though so hopefully going that route wont be needed… If not I am doing this it will save me money in the long run and if shared publicly would be like a gift back to a community I love :slight_smile:

Wayne actually does a ton free of charge and contributes alot to the community this particular charge is for him creating a made to order recipe for someone he works hard on them and you go back and forth with him with any changes to tweak it to your satisfaction. Im sure I can buy a really good TV for $250 us too lol

1 Like

it seems you’re implying that only operate out of profit. This is not the case what so ever. This was a service that people came asking me for, so I created it. The price is due to the intensive nature of the process and the lack of supply. I don’t see how you get [quote=“MysticRose, post:71, topic:81299”]
I thought the goal was to help all us smokers get off the cancer sticks?
[/quote]

from me charging to create recipe for other people. I understand that it may not be something you’re interested in given the price. But how does that mean I’m not fighting for the community?

4 Likes

I am not trying to imply anything. I have been to your site and seen that you offer tasting notes and some recipes as well as some articles. I am seeking to learn and achieve understanding of other viewpoints. That is why I asked

Hmmm. Certain recpies are just hard to come by. I have been banging out orange recpies since October 2015 to properly clone my adv that got me off cigs.

I’m pretty close. I own lots of Orange flavorings. I’m not like forest gump and his partner regarding shrimp. But I have too many orange recpies that just don’t hit the spot. I handed one to a friend. Said here take this for free it’s not my best work…he said it was great and I was like hmmmm…not gonna make it again, but the next will be better.

But to get to a 1:1 clone of the orange adv I want it will take two more months at least. Mostly because I don’t want to batch 10 mixes. I love the hunt month to month. Sadly I did just do a 10x10ml batch or orange…and honesty I’m not looking forward to vaping it. At 250 for a 95% accurate adv it would have been worth it last year…well that’s worth my time…this adv would be an all day at work vape for Atleast 3 days every week considering I vape something new everyday… And if I hit the recpie I can do my final twists (cloves, peper, cucumber, cactus, taro, and so on)…until then it’s a waste.

Just one way to look at it.

But in the mean time I have recpies that a few people around me just love. Many I could vape all day. I choose not to. The orange recipie will be, when I get there, will be the holy grail for me. (And yes I have gone back to the shop to vape it and it’s just lovely. )

5 Likes