EU chooses corporatism on E-Cigarettes

1 Like

I applaud the author for his candor and honesty. Brits certainly have a way with articulating when bureaucratic or political malcontents are guilty of douchebaggery.

It is astonishing the European Council does not realise the TPD will actually be damaging to the public in the long run. Having the appearance of helping to bypass useless laws is not the same as actually helping.

They may actually realize it and just not care for the public’s health near as much as the grease in their pockets. Buncha fucking fascists, and it’s coming to a country near you unless we mobilize our troops.

3 Likes

I can sum it up with just one word…BULLSHIT !!!

1 Like

Well poo! Perhaps in time things will change. :pensive:

2 Likes

I concur. They have to make sure they get they’re billion lives.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that we’re so fkn abolished for doing the rt thing it pisses me off to no end how come these hypocrites can’t become so enthralled to do away with something like the heroin epidemic thats killing our youth all over the world ???it seems that our governments can all agree how bad vaping is for us but IGNORE the worst epidemic ever…:confused:

They were just handed 3.25 million signatures on a petition against TTIP and CETA, you know, the one you Americans get stuffed down your throat as TPP, which gives corporations the right to sue governments for loss of profits and much more we don’t know about.
The answer to that from Euro commisioner for trade Malmström was; I don’t get my mandate from the European people.
We are all gonna be ruled by corporations and their dirty business will get the green light no matter what. The title of this topic is wrong. It should read; EU and US choose corporatism on Everything!

[quote=“quitter1, post:6, topic:32300”]
do away with something like the heroin epidemic
[/quote]That is the God they always pray to. Gold, Oil, Drugs. That’s why we have a military industrial complex to protect those sacred resources from falling into the wrong hands, like people who actually own it. That’s why people are fleeing and dying all over this planet. We are still lucky, for now. Psychopaths rule, and we let them! Divide and rule still reigns supreme.

1 Like

You know this is the The Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) and not the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership thing :smile:

1 Like

Yes I know that but Philip Morris is allowed to sit around the table and write down the rules for the TTIP, whilst our own parliamentarians are not even allowed to see what is written down and neither are we. Don’t you think these things are connected? If they allow the e-cig business to expand they will be sued by PM and consorts for loss of profits once the TTIP is in place. :grin: Full circle. Without seeing the whole picture action is useless.

1 Like

I just posted that I’m going to stop spending… and now you make me feel a need to stock up more. You’re right though… ecigs don’t pay the government’s bills. They are staying loyal to the hand that feeds them. They want to cut us off and starve us out. (A Billion Lives keep the machine in power). Can you imagine what it cost to addict, heal and bury a billion people every decade. Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are bigger the than the US and UK combined because it’s worldwide. They are in places our countries governments can’t go. Collecting revenue and paying governments to keep things status quo.

2 Likes

I think I’m basically covered for everything they could ban, nicotine mainly and I’m almost down to zero on that. Tanks, I’ve got plenty of tanks and drippers. So personally I could just lean back and relax. I hate politics and all the bullshit around it, but if we don’t fight, it’s the people around us that we love and cherish who will ultimately pay the price…

3 Likes

That’s so true. Their rode to tobacco freedom will only be through approved cessation methods. The path we took will be too expensive and inefficient to be effective once all the obstacles are in place. Meaning less people will quit. I want every smoker to have the same opportunity as me. I think ex-smokers have a bond and we always reach back to help another smoker in need. At least that’s we do at ELR Forum.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying then is there is a legitimate case if the government doesn’t stifle one industry to protect another? I could halfway understand if the government DID something to hurt the tobacco industry but not for NOT doing something. I’m hearing the Beetles circa 1965 you say you want a revolution…

1 Like

Yes, that’s why for instance renewable energy has not really taken off either. Protecting big oil and coal.

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:13, topic:32300”]
I could halfway understand if the government DID something to hurt the tobacco industry
[/quote]Allowing ecigs to expand is doing something to hurt the tobacco industry :worried:

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:13, topic:32300”]
you say you want a revolution…
[/quote]Not really, they are never pretty, we might need one though.

1 Like

Yes indeed we might need one. Because the e cig companies could always counter sue but there isn’t any one company big enough for them to listen to. May be a good case for them organizing.

2 Likes