Evic mini vtc battery life?

I know a lot of you have the evic mini vtc (or multiple lol) and back when i first joined ELR it was the top suggested mod for me to buy. Well, I finally ordered one. Just curious, vaping around 0.3 ohm at about 45 watts, about how long should I expect a LG HG2 (3000mAh) to last in it?

I change batteries on mine at least once a day, and it’s not the only mod I use regular. I’m usually in the 45-50w region too. If I’m taking it out with me, I’ll always bring a spare charged batt. Single 18650 mods don’t last like they used to, because we’re all vaping at higher wattage these days. If you were at 20w you’d get the full day out of it easily.

3 Likes

Ditto to what @Uncaged said. I have three and if I’m using one continuously or for the majority of the day, I’ll usually need to change the battery at least once. I used to get over a day out of a battery, but that was when I wasn’t going over 30 watts. :slight_smile: You can switch the bottom display out to show time (three clicks on the fire, minus to the bottom, plus to time, hold fire to clear), and I do that a lot just to see what the battery is really doing.

2 Likes

I think @Uncaged and @JoJo are right. I have 3 of them and use Samsung 25R’s in mine. I only use single coils 316L at .32 ohms and in TC mode but I often chain vape and I am getting almost a full day on 1 battery. Just make sure you carry your spare in a plastic case for safety.

2 Likes

And don’t forget…the cycle life of the battery.
Most 18650’s are rated for 500 charge cycles, but the max charge drops
before then.
Some chargers will show the charge % when finished, but you should watch your OLED
screen when you put the battery in, and see what the battery level is.

Sorry, just began my first cup of coffee, not speaking very clearly yet. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Amen…

2 Likes

That should really go without having to say, but yup. Buy some cheap plastic battery cases. They’ll save your legs.

2 Likes

Personally I vape like I was while smoking. Every hour, 5mins. Quick puffs. So chain vape. Yup. On a single 18650. A whole day I rock two batteries. Normally I run at 50-65w on my crown tank.

2 Likes

Okay. I vape quite often, definitely nore often than once an hour 5minutes… I will definitely need to aquire at least one plastic case. I do have two batteries i can swap between so I think ill be all set, plus it can run passthru usb can’t it? I am typically not too far from a charger unless out doing something with my lady and then i still have usb in car anyway

1 Like

It has onboard charging but I don’t think it’s supposed to be used as passthrough. I highly recommend against it either way. Illumn has legit 25rs for $5 each and you get a free case when you buy in pairs (I swear I am not affiliated and don’t get anything from recommending them. :stuck_out_tongue:). They probably have cases as well.

2 Likes

My wife has one and she goes through two battery changes a day. Samsung 25r, TC mode @ 28W. I like the thing but can’t handle the battery life. The Cuboid is somewhat similar. Battery life is short compared to the istick 100w TC (at least before it crapped out on me).

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. So on average ill be using at least two batteries a day then probably… Guess ill need to get some more to have handy :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats the website to order a pair? I may just do that

1 Like

It’s illumn.com :slight_smile: Guess I shoulda put that. LoL.

2 Likes

http://www.illumn.com/ is great. sometimes they have really good prices. I buy from them quite a bit. It’s either them or this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=r-lsales&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsamsung+25r.TRS0&_nkw=samsung+25r&_sacat=0
I can vouch for the Sammies being authentic. He also has LGs and Sony’s but haven’t bought any of those.

2 Likes

Cool thanks!
Off topic and dont feel like digging thru forum for it, where can i get a good deal on some nice 15ml plastic bottles? I have been hooking up a local guy with some 30ml juice every few days and want to get some smaller bottles to hook him up with some samples of other mixes next time he hits me up for some… Preferably an amazon seller (have points to spend there)

1 Like

You can get better prices on e-bay, but this seller is decent: https://www.amazon.com/15mL-LDPE-Plastic-Bottle-Childproof/dp/B0142XK30W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466800060&sr=8-1&keywords=15ml+ldpe

I agree with everyone else re: evic mini. I vape mine at .5 ohms, 45 watts (kanthal on kanthal Clapton coils) and get maybe 4-5 hours the way I vape. I usually have another mod on me as well so I only swap batts once per day. When I was using a Delta II at 30 watts I got a whole day, easily.

2 Likes

Cant get a better deal than “free” like i said, i have amazon points to spend. Thanks for the link

2 Likes

How you get Amazon points. I should have millions buy now.

1 Like

My girlfriend has an amazon credit card. As you use the card on whatever stuff you earn points. 1point = $0.10 to spend on amazon. We had hundreds of points so we bought some things we wanted and needed today to use them up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This Is exactly what my setup is so I wanted to comment, I also use 2 batteries a day like everyone else. If I charge using USB the device drops drastically and is noticeable in the first puff. I don’t know if the new VTC-Two uses more power with the time chip on the board, but I would think it might. I do use passthrough to get a little more time, and I can feel the device get a little warm on the bottom when it’s fully charged while using it like that. But i can go the whole day on 1 battery. My Nitecore charger does not display voltage but reduces the charge rate when the battery is full.

1 Like