Exploring un-charted waters--Help please?

OK so, I rarely work with apple so I’m sort of flying with one wing… but wanted a seasonal taffy apple juice to try out. Off the top of my head this is what I conjured up and I’m sure it could be better, but I’m drawing a blank now. Fuji FA, Apple Pie FA and Double Apple FW are the apple type flavors I have.

Any input on where I need to go here? My stash is open if you want to see what I have. Thanx in advance for your suggestions.
–TZ

Applegasm Taffy

Ingredient %
Butter Pecan (FW) 3.00
Caramel (FA) 2.25
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 1.00
Fuji Apple (FA) 3.00
Taffy Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.00

Flavor total: 11.25%

4 Likes

That sounds delicious. I love all these apple recipes that people are posting!! Fuji at 3 will be the most up front flavor. Have you worked with that before? I think it’ll be really good in a taffy mix. You probably don’t even need another apple. Unfortunately I only have 2/5 of those flavors but from the looks of it it seems like a solid start.

4 Likes

Mixed Fuji once. Yeah, it’s strong!

3 Likes

Yep definitely strong but I don’t think 3% is too much for this. Yum, I’m just imagining what that’ll all taste like!

3 Likes

Just in the middle of SF tasting Dulce de Leche-I’m in LOVE with this flavor!!! Caramel-buttery creamy goodness! How is the FA version of Caramel? This looks to be a really good mix-Well done!

3 Likes

havent fiddled w/ apples too much but usually u want more then 1 apple if u want it to be main notes. The fuji is good and strong so be careful but looking at that mix and what i would want is not to have the apple stand out as much as 3% would make it, id do 1.5%. I dont vape taffy stuff but the rest of the flavor profile is all so familiar.

3 Likes

I like FA Fuji, but I also like CAP Green Apple. I’ve made caramel apple recipes with each one, but preferred the green. I have never tried mixing them, but have thought about it on occasion.

2 Likes

Not well versed in terms of flavor descriptions but FA’s caramel in my opinion is similar to those little caramel candies wrapped in cellophane. I prefer it over TPA’s version which seems more sweet…like what you’d get in a Milky Way candy bar
And thank you for the compliment! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I can lower the Fuji down and see what 1.5% does. I had it at 3 thinking it would have a better chance staying afloat against the other flavors.
Edit: Actually I may just do 2 batches at 1.5 and 3.0 for comparison.

6 Likes

Did you want Taffy Apple or Caramel Apple? Just curious.

2 Likes

Shit. It never occurred to me that there’s a difference! LOL…can I have both?

2 Likes

Yep. I was just wondering. Give me a day and I can work with you.

1 Like

FA Liquid Amber will give you a more baked apple. I also like FW Butterscotch Ripple added to FW Butter Pecan. Working on an Apple Pie for the fall so I am all over apples right now. Love Fuji for the fall apple flavor.

1 Like

Good idea! Thank you.

1 Like

No problem. I am still a beginner, but that is one of a very few tips I know.

1 Like

What brand? :slight_smile:

@TorturedZen start ultra low with Liquid Amber… It’s a very potent (and unique taste) flavor. Personally I haven’t been able to coax any kind of “baked effect” when using it with fruits until yet… But I’ve only tried three or so times. (Still need more experience with it)

4 Likes

Whoops! TPA-It’s a great SF vape at 2%. Between it and Creme Brulee(INW) @ 3%, I’m starting to wonder why I bother mixing because they’re so damn good on their own!

2 Likes

Fuji is delicious, but yes, very strong. Being that you want a caramel apple or apple taffy, I would say it’s going to be a sweet spot around 2% (at least for my taste) and maybe pick up some cocoon (FA) which is actually a caramel apple base. Also, caramel toffee (HS) is phenomenal as far as caramels go. Rich and creamy, would be a nice trio adding to the caramel and dulce @ 1% but would maybe lower caramel to 1.25% just to balance. Recipe looks great tho man, wish you luck!

3 Likes

If anyone is interested in a cider doughnut recipe for the fall weather, check out my recipe “Autumn’s Silhouette” on ELR. I make it in huge batches because all my friends beg for it now that most have tried it lol.

2 Likes

Thanx for the recommendations brother. Added to my shopping list! :metal: