Fa bilberry vs capella bluberry

Can anyone tell me if fa bilberry is anywhere near capella blueberry?ive done some reading on both but id rather hear this from one of you guys.im wanting to do a blueberry custard,ive already made with capella and it worked quite well and now i have no blueberry left im wondering which to buy?

they are different i have both and actually like to mix them bilberry is more tart than sweet imo but doesnt taste bland like blueberries do

2 Likes

Blueberries doesn’t have a lot of taste, bilberries do - Here’s a visual difference. The small ones are bilberries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bilberry FA would smoke Cap’s Blueberries any day hands down on bold berry flavors agree w/ @daath no flavor would be my thought of Blueberry Cap when in comparison to Bilberry.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried CAPS straight BB but of the three I have got, FA has my best rating from doing single flavour tests with them.

My tastebuds reallllllly struggle to taste BB full stop so this may or may not help :joy:

2 Likes

Your taste buds sound like mine,i struggle to taste caps bb but my workmate loves the stuff in custard.thanks for the advice,big help.

2 Likes

Thanks amy,looks like its fa all the way.

1 Like

The smaller ones do look more potent than the bb,i cant wait to try it see what happens.ty for the help.

1 Like

I read that a few ppl who use cap bb back it up with 1 or 2% i think it was of fa bilberry to make it more prominent.ty for the reply big help.

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys,any advice on grandkids who wont go to bed lol.

2 Likes

let them stay awake lol ,

3 Likes

Personally if I could only buy one it would be billberry FA all day. But I do like the mixture between billberry FA and blueberry extra tpa in a custard…it sorta gives a cloudy blueberry taste. FA alone can be an in your face bite of blueberry. I also prefer billberry FA when I want to add a sliver of blueberry to a bakery…without weighing down other flavors.

4 Likes

Lol i did in end,hot chocolate and marshmallows seemed to do the trick.

2 Likes

Thanks some nice tips there,think im going to get 2 or 3 vendors bb and have a mess about with them.

1 Like

Went with your choice,liked the idea about your blueberry custard,then for reasons i cant explain lol ive ordered 100ml bb wild.have to order extra tommorow,although ive just been reading a few of amys comments on mixing them for a different flavour profile